This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (38762 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#2 Posted by Jean199999 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs.The Elite

#3 Posted by inferiorego (22498 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Returns was brilliant.

Staff
#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5580 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs. The Elite.

Doom was vastly inferior to its comic book counterpart and The Dark Knight Returns was just a carbon copy of the original (still a highly entertaining movie, though).

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21307 posts) - - Show Bio

im a huge superman fan but i hated the animation of Superman vs. The Elite.

#6 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League: Doom easy, because it felt like the DCAU Justice League, which was awesome.

Superman vs. the Elite had a really good plot and voice acting, but I hated the villains.

DKR was also really good, but Doom was more enjoyable.

#7 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR

#8 Posted by Icon (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs. The Elite

#9 Posted by impossibilly (885 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted DKR, Part 1. That was my favorite DC animated movie since Under the Red Hood.

#10 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs.The Elite

#11 Posted by TheCannon (18251 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Returns, though Doom was very good.

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR

#13 Posted by kennybaese (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen TDKR (I'm still holding out hope that a combo Blu-ray containing both parts 1 and 2 will be released and it wasn't found its way to Netflix yet), but I found Doom and Elite to be quite good. I thought that the script in Elite was maybe a little better than the one in Doom, but the animation and voice acting were both better in Doom so it gets my vote.

#14 Posted by dondave (35911 posts) - - Show Bio

Kneel Before Doom

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Returns was an extremely pleasant film. DOOM and Vs. The Elite were good too though.

#16 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't vote. Didn't see any of them.

#17 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite my username I thought justice league doom was kinda mediocre especially when compared to its source material

TDKR and Superman vs the Elite were great. I'll vote for Superman because I think its deserves more votes

@chalkshark said:

Can't vote. Didn't see any of them.

That's too bad, you're definitely missing out! Especially with the two I mentioned, I highly recommend them

#18 Posted by ENGLENTINE (450 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR

managed to make half a movie feel complete

#19 Posted by mcclellanscott (79 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR, but I really thought about JL: Doom

#20 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved JL: Doom but Superman vs. The Elite takes it :D

TDKR was good as well but I hate it because it wants me to read to story (tried like 5 times and I bore to death with the useless and extensive news reports)

#21 Posted by dboy4dashing (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Why? I thought it was kind of smart.

(but yeah, I'm not that huge a Superman fan).

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21307 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboy4dashing: it just didnt look like him. supes doesnt have that big a chin and he should have been takeing out those lame villians easy.

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Returns easily.

#24 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom. Never watched TDKR, but I'm more inclined to now

#25 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Only saw the bottom two so Doom takes it as although I liked Dark Knight Returns the book was overrated, and this is just the part of the story, whereas Doom was a whole story

#26 Posted by bloggerboy (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs. The Elite

#27 Posted by Hermatt (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Only saw Doom and Elite, I don't want to vote yet because I think I will really like TDKR.

#28 Posted by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I'm disrespecting the votes of my fellow viners....but...HOW THE F**K CAN JL DOOM GET MORE VOTES THAN SUPERMAN vs THE ELITE?

I'm 99% sure that many voters either didn't watch all 3 or are Superman haters...

#29 Posted by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs The Elite had the better story, voice acting and adaption IMO. Doom just fell flat in comparison to its comic book counterpart but it was still an enjoyable watch.

#30 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get how Doom is higher than Superman vs The Elite. I did like Doom but it didn't really leave much of an impression on me. It was good but not as epic, in my opinion, as either Superman vs The Elite or The Dark Knight Returns. The1 Dark Knight Returns I like but it's hard for me to really enjoy it since modern Frank Miller has kind of become an insane douche and you can see his idiocy in some of the subtext of the flick, and the comic probably if I were to go back and read it.

#31 Posted by Mezmero (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is my personal favorite last year. It just felt like a continuation of the DC animated universe I fell in love with in the 2000's. The Dark Knight Returns was almost too faithful in it's adaptation and the fact that it's a part 1 of 2 kind of hurts it.

#32 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (882 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen Justice League: Doom yet, but it's on Netflix now: )

Superman vs. The Elite was awesome but I had to choose TDKR Part 1... Part 2 comes out in 2 1/2 weeks!

I like how all the movies are DC movies. Marvel can't even compare to DC in animated movies but Marvel takes it for live action.

#33 Posted by entropy_aegis (15061 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR easily

Elite was great too

JL Doom was decent@SmashBrawler said:

Superman vs. The Elite.

Doom was vastly inferior to its comic book counterpart and The Dark Knight Returns was just a carbon copy of the original (still a highly entertaining movie, though).

I think it was better than the source material TBH.I find Mirror Master stealing the plans and having Malefic,Metallo,Star Sapphire,Cheetah etc using them making much more sense than Talia al Ghul.Also the plans themselves were improved upon,well maybe excluding Hal Jordan.

What stopped it from being good IMO was the ridiculous doomsday device,I thought that the time wasted for the immensely long and boring sequence could have been better used to make the fights between the JL and the Legion more competent,the villains excluding Cheetah and Mirror Master went down waaay too easily.

#34 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR for me, even though i loved Superman as well.

#35 Posted by Deadgod (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs The Elite

#36 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Doom was epic, and I don;t care what enyone else says. So there.

#37 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Vs. The Elite. Just watched it on Netflix again, it's soooooooooooooooooo good.

#38 Posted by SmashBrawler (5580 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Meh, the Legion of Doom felt a little redundant, the plan for Green Lantern was pretty nonsensical but I had problems with others as well such as Superman's and Flash's, and I didn't like how Batman had to save everyone (yes, I know Cyborg helped him out) as opposed to the Leaguers helping themselves in the original.

Also, swapping Aquaman for Cyborg. No, just no.

#39 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League: Doom

#40 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Returns:Part 1.

Justice League: Doom,was good but i just generally enjoyed TDKR:P1 more.

#41 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

Returns.

#42 Posted by iHailCarlo (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs The Elite was very good, I like them all though. JL: Doom is a close second for me too.

#43 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR.

JL:Doom is good, I like the scene where Batman got buried by Bane....

but I think TDKR is better... always like to see the Old bruce..