#1 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore is my favorite writer. I am wondering what is your favorite stuff by him. Pikminmania is doing something like this every week from the list of best writers a list. Check that out not many people are doing it. Any way I just ordered all of Promethea and want to read it. He has many great comics and which is your favorite.

-jonEsherfey

#2 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost everything in DC Universe by Alan Moore, Watchmen, and the Violator miniseries.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7738 posts) - - Show Bio

What he did for Swamp Thing was epic.

#4 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen of course. But I also loved V for Vendetta, his Swamp Thing run, The Killing Joke and Promethea.

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8820 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing and Promethea are his two best works

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

What he did for Swamp Thing was epic.

I agree. It is one of my favorite runs of all time. I just ordered all 6 books off of amazon the other day.

I wasn't a big fan of V. Watchmen was great too though.

#7 Posted by xxYoungFatexx (99 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Man Who Has Everything is my most memorable, possibly favorite single issue of all time. In addition, everything else others have mentioned above are some of my favorites.

#8 Posted by derf_jenkins (395 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing.

#9 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonEsherfey said:

Alan Moore is my favorite writer. I am wondering what is your favorite stuff by him. Pikminmania is doing something like this every week from the list of best writers a list. Check that out not many people are doing it. Any way I just ordered all of Promethea and want to read it. He has many great comics and which is your favorite.

-jonEsherfey

Yes I am people. Y'all should check it. Anyways, I'd have to say my favorite stories from Alan Moore are as followed

1. Watchmen
  2. For The Man Who Has Everything
  3. The Killing Joke
  4. V for Vendetta
  5. Swamp Thing
#10 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke

V for Vendetta

Multiple stories in DC Universe.

Watchmen

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

#11 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Lost girls!! lol just kidding. Probably the Killing Joke and then V for Vendetta.

#12 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I've tried to read his run on Swamp Thing and just couldn't get into it. But I'm a stickler for art in most comics I read. If it's drawn before 2000 it's gonna be a tough sell in my case. But I keep on hearing great things about it. What was it that was so appealing about his Swamp Thing tenure?

#13 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

You can call me V

#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironically for all those saying the Killing Joke, Moore himself has stated his dislike of that work and considers some of his decisions there (Like crippling Barbara Gordon) as mistakes he regrets now.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14713 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen,Killing Joke and that is almost everything I have read from him.

#16 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

If you love his stuff you have to read his Supreme run, it is his return to 1950's and 60's campy comics, but done in a way only Alan Moore can do. Other than that most of his stuff is good. Swamp Thing is great, Miracle Man, Watchmen, Killing Joke, Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow, For the Man Who has everything. He is good.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Man who has Everything- Superman story by Moore, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen.

Was never exactly blown away by the Killing Joke but it was still good.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved what he did with Batman: The Killing Joke.

#19 Posted by Cap10nate (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: It is hard to describe but it is just an incredibly compelling story. The characterization of Swamp Thing coming to terms with the fact that he is truly not human, and then acting more human is fantastic. The stories are pretty gripping as well and it doesn't really have a lull of bad issues. The art is definitely different from today's standard. I think it works very well with the story as it is a horror story set in a swamp. I haven't read the whole run in a long time so a lot of the details of the series are hazy but I did just order them off amazon. Maybe once I finish, I could give you some better reasoning and examples.

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (57960 posts) - - Show Bio

Neonomicon ftw.
BB

#21 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1888 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheWitchingHour:  He changed the entire concept of who Swamp Thing is. Before Moore, he was what Alec Holland turned into. Moore made it so that Swamp Thing  only thought he was Alec Holland, because he had basically "eaten his memories" I know that sounds corny, but he did it expertly by explaining it via planarian worms. (To long a story for me to go into detail.) Seems Snyder is actually going back to pre-Moore Swamp Thing in some ways. Moore also wrote those stories in poetry. Not "rhyming poetry" but a flow and a rhythm, that took on the world Swamp Thing lived in, and inside Swamp Thing himself. Again, I know that sounds lame, but it wasn't, it was expert prose. 

Now as for the OP..obviously "For the Man that has Everything" where both my screen name and profile pic come from. (The pic is from the JLU animated version) I'd also add the aforementioned Swamp Thing, Miracleman and Watchmen. I'd put "The Killing Joke" and "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" a notch below those.  

I couldn't get into "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."
#22 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

The Courtyard.

#23 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen. But all his other work is legendary too.