• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by dondave (38895 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo or Karl Urban

#3 Posted by inferiorego (28309 posts) - - Show Bio

Karl Urban killed it

Staff
#4 Posted by TheCannon (19461 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense, but how come you have Tony and Bruce there, but no Cap or Thor?

From the options given, I have to go with Robery Downey Jr. I can never get past the throat cancer voice for Bale's Batman.

And who voted Andrew Garfield as Peter? That casting was almost as bad as George Clonney Batman.

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:

Karl Urban killed it

Absolutely. 

@TheCannon said:

@k4tzm4n No offense, but how come you have Tony and Bruce there, but no Cap or Thor?

From the options given, I have to go with Robery Downey Jr. I can never get past the throat cancer voice for Bale's Batman.

And who voted Andrew Garfield as Peter? That casting was almost as bad as George Clonney Batman.

Well, Robert Downey Jr's sheer level of charisma made him an obvious choice and then I also picked Ruffalo because there was a lot of speculation over his first performance as the Banner. Hemsworth and Evans both did an able job but weren't really standout roles compared to the other two in the film. The last thing I want to do is flood the poll with every possible option, after all.
#6 Posted by TheCannon (19461 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Fair enough.

#7 Posted by inferiorego (28309 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Garfield did a fantastic job.

Staff
#8 Posted by TheCannon (19461 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@TheCannon said:

LOL. You're funny.

#9 Posted by inferiorego (28309 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@inferiorego said:

@TheCannon said:

LOL. You're funny.

Not a joke.

Staff
#10 Posted by TheCannon (19461 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@TheCannon said:

@inferiorego said:

@TheCannon said:

LOL. You're funny.

Not a joke.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22996 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

i agree ASM sucked and andrew garfield was a horrible peter and spiderman. the only good thing about it was emma stone

#12 Posted by TheCannon (19461 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@TheCannon said:

i agree ASM sucked and andrew garfield was a horrible peter and spiderman. the only good thing about it was emma stone

You've earned yourself a follow. Those are my exact thoughts.

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

RDJ, the only reason why I like the Iron man movies. Christian Bale is a close second.

#14 Posted by Impala (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Downey Jr. - Tony Stark

#15 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with RDJ!!!

#16 Posted by kennybaese (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Karl Urban killed it

This. Urban is about half of why I love Dredd (probably more than any other comic book movie this year), the other half being that it didn't feel the need to be some three hour epic.

#17 Posted by impossibilly (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with putting Robert Downey Jr. in this category for Avengers, but I disagree with Ruffalo being here. This isn't a knock against Ruffalo. I thought he was great in the Avengers, but Bruce Banner was a supporting role, not a lead role in the film.

My vote goes to Andrew Garfield. I was suspect about his casting as Peter Parker, but I thought he completely nailed it. Amazing Spider-Man wasn't the best Spider-Man movie, but Garfield was excellent in it.

#18 Posted by Mr_Winchester (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@kennyshat said:

@inferiorego said:

Karl Urban killed it

This. Urban is about half of why I love Dredd (probably more than any other comic book movie this year), the other half being that it didn't feel the need to be some three hour epic.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Karl Urban killed it

#20 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Downey Jr.

#21 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Downey Jr. is too old to play Tony Stark!!!!!! Everyone forgets that resemblance should be a key part of casting.

#22 Posted by braynehurricane (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale for me, hands down.

#23 Posted by Bull_iod (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Karl Urban brought the Dredd I wanted to see to the screen, he gets my vote.

#24 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Karl Urban. He was a perfect Dredd.

#25 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: @inferiorego: Ooooohh is Mat going to take the Internet laughing at him?

I voted for Andrew Garfield, thought he was a great Spidey too bad the overall film was average :(

#26 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed Mark Rufallo's performance.

#27 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruffalo, followed by Garfield and Downey Jr.

#28 Posted by Ironhawk22 (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo killed it as Hulk! Freaking awesome!@TheCannon said:

NOTHING IS WORSE THAN GEORGE CLOONEY! NOTHING! @TheCannon said:

@inferiorego said:

@TheCannon said:

@inferiorego said:

@TheCannon said:

LOL. You're funny.

Not a joke.

He did do a great job as Spider-Man, and a pretty good job as Peter. Are you trying to say that because one thinks he did a good job, their opinion is a joke?

#29 Posted by Fetts (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Christian Bale.

#30 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

Karl Urban was the most perfect incarnation of a comic book character I have seen since the Rocketeer. That scowl he wore on his face throughout the film was just beautiful.

#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

For the people saying RDJ, I ask why. It was the same performance he gave twice before.

#32 Posted by ENGLENTINE (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale was good as Batman Great as Bruce Wayne

Robert Downy and Mark Rufalo were supporting actors ( It was an ensemble movie )

Andrew garfield was excellent in bringing a modern Peter Parker/Spiderman to the screen.

but

Karl Urbane became Dredd. Not once did I ever have a "He is acting" moment. He did it all with half his face covered.

#33 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Downey Jr. FTW

#34 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

RDJ, no question

#35 Posted by mcclellanscott (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Karl Urban

#36 Posted by spinningwebs (36 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises was a batman movie? I though it was all about "Robin".

#37 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

Karl Urban!

#38 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Urban does it for me...

#39 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

It's got to be Garfield, his Parker was perfect in every sense of the word.

#40 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to vote Downey Jr., but Karl Urban was perfect as Dredd

#41 Posted by JMLG (135 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish i could vote for Cage, but my karma would get crushed for doing that lmao

#42 Posted by Hermatt (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow no love for Nick Cage?

#43 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo managed to beat the odds and depict a wonderful Bruce Banner that stole the spotlight in the Avengers film. Him all the way for me.

#44 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Mark Ruffalo managed to beat the odds and depict a wonderful Bruce Banner that stole the spotlight in the Avengers film. Him all the way for me.

YES!

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting on an answer for my question: Why vote for RDJ or Bale, when they gave the exact same performance twice already? I'm not hating (RDJ is my man-crush), but what Ruffalo and Garfield brought to the table was new and excellent in their respective roles.

#46 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk

#47 Posted by Idea (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Downey Jr. - Tony Stark

#48 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Robert Downey Jr. but he's had 2 movies prior to perfect the character of Tony Stark though he had it down from the beginning. In the end I gave it to Karl Urban because Dredd could have been crap without him.

#49 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale was such a badass character throughout Nolan's 'Batman' Trilogy.

#50 Posted by Bo88gdan (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo