#1 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

The proof is in the sword:

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, I knew that sword looked kinda familiar.

Good catch.

Online
#3 Posted by jwalser3 (5023 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this was getting canceled? It sucks, every time something seems to be getting interesting to me, it gets the boot.

#4 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

What's that 1st scan from?

#5 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_jackolantern said:

What's that 1st scan from?

The cover for the last issue of dcu presents

#6 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover awesome

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

I read this was getting canceled? It sucks, every time something seems to be getting interesting to me, it gets the boot.

The problem with DCU Presents was that if a reader didn't like a story, they'd be dropping the book for months at a time. If it was one-shots instead of 4-6 month arcs it probably would have done better. I dropped it midway through Deadman because I really couldn't care less about the Challengers of the Unknown (written by Didio), or any of Vandal Savage's kids.

Moderator
#8 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the super soldier Beowulf will fight super soldier Deathstroke in the future.

#9 Posted by jwalser3 (5023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@jwalser3 said:

I read this was getting canceled? It sucks, every time something seems to be getting interesting to me, it gets the boot.

The problem with DCU Presents was that if a reader didn't like a story, they'd be dropping the book for months at a time. If it was one-shots instead of 4-6 month arcs it probably would have done better. I dropped it midway through Deadman because I really couldn't care less about the Challengers of the Unknown (written by Didio), or any of Vandal Savage's kids.

I guess. I liked the Black Lighting and Blue Devil story, just wish they'ed give people like Red Tornado, Azteck, Lobo, etc more stories in it. They'ed be able to show off other characters before giving them their own title.

#10 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf is freaking awesome. I wonder how he will go to the future (present). But are we sure it's his sword, remember, he was made by that weird company or whatever, so thay probably made their sword too.....

also, did anybody notice that the robots he was fighting were Waynetech??? I wonder what all this means....

and about DC presents, i only picked it up when it had characters I found interesting, like the one with Kid Flash, Vandal Savage etc...

#11 Posted by SmashBrawler (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragging you here.

Online
#12 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

So that's whose sword it is! I thought it was Wonder Woman's. I was wondering who else it could be. Nice find there!

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@jwalser3 said:

I read this was getting canceled? It sucks, every time something seems to be getting interesting to me, it gets the boot.

The problem with DCU Presents was that if a reader didn't like a story, they'd be dropping the book for months at a time. If it was one-shots instead of 4-6 month arcs it probably would have done better. I dropped it midway through Deadman because I really couldn't care less about the Challengers of the Unknown (written by Didio), or any of Vandal Savage's kids.

But shouldn't pepole be reading it for the quality of the storys instead of what characters are in it?

Anyway having both DCU Presents and National Comics is kind of redundant.

#14 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Sa-weetness.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really liked Beowulf,so I don't care at all.

#16 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

The Edge series have been decimated by cancellations, I wonder if this is means Beowulf will be getting an ongoing series in that line. His backup story in Sword and Sorcery was amazing. I would love to read him more.

#17 Posted by dondave (37445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Isn't beowulf already set in the future. That's how they know of Superman, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Green Lantern, Scarecro asw and Kilelr Croc as seen in Sowrds of Sorcery's #3 backup

Online
#18 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!  I'm really digging DC's take on Beowulf.  

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Jorgevy: Isn't beowulf already set in the future. That's how they know of Superman, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Green Lantern, Scarecro asw and Kilelr Croc as seen in Sowrds of Sorcery's #3 backup

no, some characters are from the future, but they are in Medieval Ages I think. Early Medieval I'd say or late Anquity. either way, it's set in the past even though some characters are from the future (like way from the future, like after the N52 present, I'd say 1000 years after the beggining of the age of super heroes)

#20 Posted by dondave (37445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Oh, thanks

Online
#21 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: no problemo!

@Matchstick said:

Awesome! I'm really digging DC's take on Beowulf.

true, I freaking love Sword of sorcery; both Amethyst and Beowulf are awesome reads