Ben Affleck Justice League movie

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Now before you say this is another "Ben Affleck is Batman!" topic, IT'S NOT.

I was doing a little surfing online and there are rumors that Affleck might also direct the JL movie. These are only rumors, guys. I'm not saying I believe it's true. But...

What would you think if Affleck actually directed the Justice League movie? We know he likes to star in movies he directs.

Affleck is actually a great director and he tends to act really well in the movies that he directs.

Discuss.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Already half way up sh*t creek, might as well not turn back now.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Wouldn't hate it. But at this point I'm more concerned about getting enough characters to even have a JL movie, before I'm concerned about who is going to direct it.

I mean, I'm guessing they will go with a 5 member team instead of 7, but even with 5 members, I don't think it would be wise to introduce more than 1 in the JL movie...so we still need 2 more characters/origin movies before then =/

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine008

Oh, I though you were saying Ben should be Batman in a Justice League movie. I was going to post that "Game Over" vid. I'm cool with Big Ben directing.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I agree. I would like to see at least a Wonder Woman movie before JL.

Superman? Check. Batman? Check. Wonder Woman? Like I said, movie before JL hopefuly. Check. Flash? Doesn't need a solo movie until after JL. GL? Had one (doesn't matter if it's not in the same universe, people know the origin). Aquaman? Doesn't need a solo until after JL.

So, I think WW and maybe Aquaman need to have a solo movie before JL.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Well, Ben is obviously going to be the Batman in the JL movie. And the more that I think about it, Affleck is actually not a bad choice. Can't wait to actually find out whether or not he is good

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batmannflash:

Eh, still not sure about him. Hoping he's good, but not expecting anything great.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@batmannflash: Yup. My two picks would be Wonder Women and Aquaman as well, with Wonder Women being a MUST HAVE. I don't care what the so called "problems" with making a live-action movie are...it needs to happen as of right now. Its getting ridiculous.

Personally I think Aquaman is both the easiest of the remaining members to make a movie of. GL all ready failed. Flash is getting a TV show and Martian Manhunter has some issues when you consider the realistic-tone DC seems to be going for. Aquaman is the easiest to adapt and has some of the best stories (I would KILL for a JL movie with the Throne of Atlantis story at some point)

So if we get Bats, Supes, WW and Aquaman with origin stories before JL...then reboot GL, or introduce MM or Flash in the JL movie itself...we're good to go. I think Flash might get left out because of his TV show though =/. And if they are scared of GL because of the 2011 movie...MM would be #5.

As much I would prefer the Big 7...that's a lot of characters to cast, and balance for screen time...not to mention their cumulative powers will be insane and making a realistic villain that feels like an actual threat will be difficult.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Not sure if I even want Martian Manhunter in the JL movie, as much as I like the character. I'm sure Flash won't get left out because of his TV show. If they are scared to reboot GL, I'm sure they will be scared to use MM because he's a lesser known character and is a harder character to portray. As long as it's a reboot, people won't care too much about the 2011 GL movie.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I'd be interested in seeing how Affleck would pull off directing a Justice League movie. It being his first foray into big budget, heavy special effects, action movies would have me very curious.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batmannflash

@the_tree: yeah I'm curious. He's done a great job directing so far but not sure how he would handle a movie like the Justice League.

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Blood_Red_Rage

@the_tree said:

I'd be interested in seeing how Affleck would pull off directing a Justice League movie. It being his first foray into big budget, heavy special effects, action movies would have me very curious.

I agree with this. He has done good so far lets see what he does for a Hollywood blockbuster.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

It'll be interesting to say the least.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ccraft

I hope he does direct the Justice League movie now

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No. Just get Kevin Smith to direct a superhero Movie.
He will make it best superhero movie ever. Cast, Script everything will be perfect.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Affleck was one of the top choices to direct the JL movie a few years back. Not sure about now though

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: no fail. Affleck was the main character in 2 out of the 3 movies he has directed. dude, you failed...

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@batmannflash: he was going to direct it a few years ago until it was scrapped, hes gonna play batman in the justice league movie he cant direct it

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batmannflash

@jackbensley777: why can't he play Batman just because he directs it? He directed Argo and The Town, two movies where he acted as the main character.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@batmannflash: oh my bad. but no he was going to be the director that was an idea but now the director from man of steel is gonna most likely do it

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batmannflash

@jackbensley777: it's all good, man! Yeah I think Man of Steel's director (Zack Snyder) will do JL

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well good luck with that DC.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oh, I though you were saying Ben should be Batman in a Justice League movie. I was going to post that "Game Over" vid. I'm cool with Big Ben directing.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only want Ben Affleck to direct a Justice League movie if it keeps Zack Snyder away from it - I've said before, Snyder is trying to overlook the DC Cinematic Universe by himself and I personally don't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No don't let him direct, he needs to focus being the best Batman possible. Let Nolan direct or have Snyder direct with Nolan as his TEACHER.

mkukie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he directed any movies for DC it would probably be the Batman reboots, not that I want that, but if he does I'd trust him way more than a bunch of other directors.

falcoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Affleck is a good director but I don't think Super-hero directing would be his thing. I reckon if they do there will have to be at least a Wonder Woman film, and if Snyder or Nolan direct, it will be good. I reckon they can use Flash and Green Arrow too, maybe without and origins film as they have/ will have there own TV series, and they can bring in Martian Manhunter in the film.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By giantsfan576

@batmannflash: Can't do it. He'd have to play the star, direct it all AND be the Aflac duck. Wrecked. You literally got wrecked.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: I think WB still wants him to direct the JL movie, that's probably one of reasons they cast him as Batman. I bet he'll direct the JL movie and the Batman reboot films.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trebean

@batmannflash: Can't do it. He'd have to play the star, direct it all AND be the Aflac duck. Wrecked. You literally got wrecked.

Did you even read his reply?

He already starred in two films he directed. How hard is that really? And how is Batman the star?

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By jeanespinosa21

@batmannflash: it's funny the flash will be introduced in this season of arrow and he will get his own spin-off from there. Supposedly they will go another route and bring in the universes flash and green arrow to future justice league movies.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

affleck is a great director. ON ONE THING. heist movies, crazy-plan-to-achieve-something type movies. he has 0 experience with SF movies. he doesnt know or ever used special effects.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already half way up sh*t creek, might as well not turn back now.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I have more faith in him as a director than I do an actor.

Smallville2106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Smallville2106

I think he'll do great as Batman and if he directs as well I'm sure he'll do great at that too. He might not be experienced in all the CGI and special effects but surely he is experienced enough to get it all right and looking good with the right teams working together.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Exia009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Zack Snyder starts delegating directing roles and gives one to Affleck (hopefully for Batman/Superman). It's not so much that I have a huge amount of faith in Affleck's directing abilities (I really do, though lol), but that Snyder is just full of ambitious yet not-so-well-executed ideas that I think I'd want at least one truly competent movie in this series, without having Snyder writing a check his chops can't cash.

I say they let Affleck have a shot at this, both acting and directing. I'm sure he'll do a better job than Snyder did with Man of Steel (before anyone starts flaming me, this IS me expressing my faith at Affleck having great directing chops, not that MoS was terrible).

falcoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: it's funny the flash will be introduced in this season of arrow and he will get his own spin-off from there. Supposedly they will go another route and bring in the universes flash and green arrow to future justice league movies.

Also if Laurel becomes Black Canary (don't know how but she is called Laurel Lance) then she could be in it too

Avatar image for rossnrachel4ever
Rossnrachel4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck declined the JLA directing gig when first approached because he had never directed a big budget CGI spectacle before. The rumor going around Hollywood is that having Affleck as Batman is meant to expose him to that kind of film making, also he's more likely to direct a movie he's the star of and that maybe when it's JLA time he'll be ready to direct.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Affleck participated in directing any good films? I'm having a mind blank at the moment.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0825/470190-ben-affleck-to-direct-justice-league-film/

Ben Affleck’s deal with Warner Bros. for the upcoming Man of Steel sequel could see him in line to direct The Justice League movie when the time comes.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, talks to include Affleck in the Man of Steel franchise began months and months ago when discussions about bringing Batman into the mix began.

Christopher Nolan, producer of Man of Steel, initially approached Affleck to direct the Superman reboot but Affleck declined.

When director Zack Snyder and Nolan finished work on Man of Steel they reached out to Affleck again to gauge his interest and he was curious, so talks commenced.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling were also possible Bruce Wayne’s but both actors were not keen on the idea of sequels.

It is believed now that Affleck has signed on to star in any sequels in the Man of Steel franchise should they come to be, and when The Justice League film comes around Warner Bros. may just ask the star to direct it too.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@giantsfan576 said:

Did you even read his reply?

He already starred in two films he directed. How hard is that really? And how is Batman the star?

Yeah, you're just digging your own hole now. Affleck is actually a better actor if he's directing the movie he's in, so to say he can't act and direct it is just ignorance.