Ben Affleck is Batman

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WOW I'm actually surprised at how many people are happy that it's Ben Affleck playing Batman. I personally don't mind this decision. I'm a Ben fan. Always liked him. He was great in Argo, and even better in the Town.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Good Call.

donigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll have to beef up a little, but he can fit that happy-by-day, badass-by-night thing that you need to play both Batman AND Bruce Wayne. Anyone following up on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be criticized, but actors can surprise you. And for everyone ripping on his part in Daredevil, there were a lot of problems with that film, including the costume, character development, and the way that the character was written. But for Affleck's portrayal of Daredevil, I think it's just how the writers wanted it, not how he acted the part. And my dad said:

“I wasn't happy about Michael Keaton or George Clooney or Val Kilmer... So time will tell.

Only time will tell.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By DanialCarroll

I'm fine with Ben Affleck as an actor, but his fight scenes in Daredevil were painfully wooden, so I hope he practises a bit more for this one.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By tec79

A solid script and a quality good supporting cast will determine a lot. Affleck has always been a good character actor, the films he chose when he did have A-list statice for a time were not good. I believe he has the ability to play Batman and Bruce Wayne well. The script, Snyders vision, and a credible threat worthy of Batman and Superman will determine a lot.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm willing to give it a chance.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

This must be a joke. Alright, you got us!

*Does a google search*

Apparently it's serious. WTF are they thinking!?! They took what could have been a great film and ruin it with one casting choice. Ugh.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The one thing I hate about news like this, it always ends up with some people reminding me how spoiled and bratty many comic fans have become. Christ people give the dude a chance, Daredevil was over ten years ago and the guy has grown by leaps and bounds as an actor since then. And lets be honest, if you're a comic fan you're going to see this movie regardless. You watched Superman returns, you watched Green Lantern and you watched Batman and Robin. We all know we're all going to see it, and we all know if you say you aren't because of this, you're lying.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By roboadmiral

@xwraith said:
No Caption Provided

This pretty much sums up my feels on the matter. Affleck is certainly not the person I would have picked for the role. He's been in plenty of terrible movies, but as he's gotten older his body of work has taken a sharp positive spike (The Town, Argo). He just doesn't feel like the right choice. Then again, that was how most of us felt when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker and look how that turned out.

I'm feeling a tad dubious about this one, but Affleck's recent showings have been impressive and I've been wrong before, so I'm reserving judgement on this one until I see something substantial.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'll wait and see.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I actually looked at the calendar to make sure today was not April 1st. Yup..totally lost interest in this project

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Although I am wondering why they didn't decide to go with a young relatively unknown actor like Cavill. That worked out fantastically IMO - why not do it again?

Also...the Boston accent is going to have to go lol

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By blastaar

YES!!! NICE CHOICE WB!!!

APPLAUDS!!!!!!!

CLUBDUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather it be a unknown actor or someone from from tv show, not liking Ben track record, Argo was good and he did say he'd never play a superhero, well guess I better get use to this since it's happening.... geesh!!

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenexusrebound:

the check they handed him changed his mind. I don't know why he said that tho. I know for a fact that he's a comic book reader, or at least was. IT'S BATMAN!!! Anyone who would pass up the chance to play Batman is an idiot.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know he's done good ONCE IN A WHILE in the world of acting, and great with directing. But, I just don't see The Dark Knight in anything he's done. I just....I don't want to live on this world anymore....

Avatar image for colmillo_senpai
Colmillo_Senpai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

disappointment

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHA. Wait, this isnt' a joke? Oh no.

I'm not even going to give him full credit for "The Town" because it was filled with just as many good actors. Argo, was one of the few movies I actually liked him in. Other than that?... I can't think of any movie where I thought he was even a decent actor. Call me an over-reactor, it's just my opinion, but this news seriously does bug me to no end.

I knew Bale wasn't going to come back.. but... Affleck? Eh. I could be wrong, and I hope I am. I just.. have no expectations for him because I don't feel he even deserves to be a cameo in a DC movie.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, still not sure.

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_man_: Niether did Christian Bale and lasted three movies :)

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#123  Edited By BritishMonkey

I don't understand. I'm sure he'll do great, not denying that but whatever happened to what Ben once said after the failure of DareDevil? He strictly said he will never play a superhero ever again and yet there's this...

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it's not the worst choice but it's not even close to the best. Was really shooting for Josh Brolin or Jeffery Dean Morgan.

But think about this. Every hated the fact that ledger was going to play the joker. Well look how hi portrayal turned out?

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?!

I thought Bruce Wayne was Batman.....

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By blastaar

Now John Hamm as Lex Luthor and we're set!!

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Kraya

I don't feel like watching that movie anymore. The only movie in which I can bear to watch Affleck is Dogma (and that is not because of his "acting skills", but because the movie is great in general). Ugh.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest. I just lost a little interest in this film :-/

double

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

I found comment funny, then I pictured Bale as Matt Murdock, and the vision stuck. When even a person gets a role as a super hero I don't try and picture the actor as the hero in costume, I picture the guy as his alias, and that's why I can see Ben as Bruce Wayne. This could work. My point is, even more then I could picture Bale as Wayne, which I was so excited about when I first heard he was going to play Batman, but I could totally see Bale as Murdock. I think it's funny that Affleck is play what a lot of people think are counter parts to the 2 big companies characters in Daredevil and Batman. Sure are similar in some regards, but very different, but both have been called that Man without Fear before. Daredevil just has it on his cover. own the graphic for "Guardian Devil" Kevin Smith's Daredevil story, and the prolouge is actually by Ben Affleck, but the way Quesada draws Matt Murdock, he looks lot like Matt Damon, and after seeing Damon kick all sorts of ass in the Bourne movies, how cool would it be to see Damon as DD?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a fine choice. I think there were better choices, but then I wasn't doing auditions.

He is a very strong actor...the only criticism I have at the moment is he doesn't look like how I picture Bruce Wayne to be. Which doesn't mean anything.

Daredevil wasn't the terrible movie people make it out to be, and his acting has only gotten stronger.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad it wasn't Gosling.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, did not realize he's the forth runner. anyway still looking forward to this movie!

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one will wait to see some you know... actual footage...before I have anything to say. Ben wouldn't be my first choice but there could be worse.

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: To be fair I feel he is a great actor. I just don't think that he fits Bruce/Batman. He could surprise me and do extremely well. At the moment though he does very good grounded in reality films. Maybe if it had started as a straight up Batman film sure, but now he has to interact with a super human character. At the moment just don't have much faith, but in the next two years he has a chance to change my mind.

uberathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm .... interesting choice. That's really the only way to describe it. The first reaction is ... WTF!?!? But as it sinks in, it becomes .... hmmm..... interesting. We're really depending on Ben's growth as an actor here. Hopefully it really shows in this role.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He he he he he he he........... There is nothing I enjoy more than watching Batman fanboys and girls losing their $#!%.... I can't wait for the petition threads, the boycott threads, the mass suicides of all the kids who wanted Scott Adkins to be Batman......... Just made me some popcorn. Anyone wants to come over and watch?

fumonjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie ruined! who thought that getting an actor who ruined 1 comic movie could save this one? Are we going to have Jenifer Garner as Vikki Vale? cause that will be awesome...NOT!!!

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BEN! THIS IS MY FAVORITE HERO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE! DON'T LET ME DOWN MAN!

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow. I was hoping this was a joke. I don't dislike Affleck, but...yeah i don't know what to say

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>brilliant in Good Will Hunting

/remembered for being stradled by Jennifer Garner

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my choice, to be honest. But I'm interested to see him as Bats. I hope he does a good job.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Daredevil is Batman...and ben afleck is also playing both ;)

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mr__kamikaze: Wait... Batman HAS to have a good and distinctive Jaw Line! That is all you can see of him!!

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This either gonna be a homerun or a swing and a miss.

QuantomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he'll do a surprinsgly good job. I'm gonna give him the fair chance he deserves.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#146 vance_astro  Moderator

Affleck will do fine. As long as the film is written & directed well, it won't be a problem.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss212/Yashido/Epicly%20Animated%20Other/horrified1.gifhttp://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll225/mia-plur/What.gif

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By csl316

I like it. He's got the charisma for Bruce and he can get intense. Definitely didn't expect it but it's a cool choice.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By RisingBean

Daredevil was plagued with executive meddling, and it still turned out to be decently good. I find it to be a weird casting choice, but I'm as interested in the film as I was before I read this.

I'm actually more annoyed this is a Superman sequel as opposed to a buddy cop independent of the other movies thing. Be cool to have Superman 2 one summer and World's finest the next.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#150  Edited By turoksonofstone

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/dazzle_me90/GIF/image-17.gifhttp://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac220/thealisaurus/GIF%20Animations/What.gif