Can we get Kevin Conroy as Batman xD?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#652 HigorM  Moderator

That could work, think about it, when we first saw Heath Ledger for the role of Joker that was not a first good impression at all, also, Nolan is involved and as for me:

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I see alot of people bringing up oscar winner for Affleck. It was for directing and a screenplay. He never won an oscar for acting...he never even got nominated for one.

On the other hand, there was also another actor planning to play a leading role in a comic book movie. Like Affleck, this person got an ENORMOUS amount of hate. However, unlike Affleck, this person had won an Oscar for ACTING. Not in a supporting role, but had won it for a LEAD role. How did this person turn out in the comic book movie? Well...............did you like Halle Berry as Catwoman?

Point is, there is warranted arguments for both sides. And people WILL have opinions. No need to put anyone down for hating the casting or loving the casting, even if its premature. Because if they're right, well, you'll just look stupid. But we'll just have to wait and see who's right.

He did got nominated for BAFTA, Golden Globe and other important awards for his acting and the critics did like his acting in movies like Hollywoodland, Argo. The Town etc. I know it could go either way but why not just wait and see.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for ungratefulninja
UngratefulNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Yes, I said his full name in my comment. Idris Elba.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I wasn't exactly over the moon when I heard the news because of many of the reasons already given. I just find him a bit wishy-washy and I was hoping for more of a weathered hard ass like Josh Brolin. Ultimately for me it's gonna come down to the script as I'm not particularly fond of Zack 'camera shake' Snyder either.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

OK now I'm nervous for the Wonder Woman casting

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

That could work, think about it, when we first saw Heath Ledger for the role of Joker that was not a first good impression at all, also, Nolan is involved and as for me:

No Caption Provided

Except Nolan isn't involved. He's left the dcu to go back to working on personal projects. This is Snyder's universe now.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660  Edited By novi_homines

@novi_homines: Yes, I said his full name in my comment. Idris Elba.

I don't see an african american being cast as batman anytime soon.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661 HigorM  Moderator

@novi_homines: Nolan IS involved since he is one of the executive producers according to Warner Bros.

check source here

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could do it but his stint as Matt Murdock was awful.

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noooooooooooooooooo ben affleck as batman noooooooooooooooo, its the end of the world. WB what have you done you jist destroyedvthe best movie pf generation

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK now I'm nervous for the Wonder Woman casting

Jennifer Garner.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word to say really ... yuck.

Huge miscast IMHO.

Ben Affleck is just not Bruce Wayne. Even the voice inflection ... I mean, he talks like he perpetually needs a Kleenex. He's also far too loose in the cage. Doesn't have anywhere near the build needed to pull it off. Affleck doesn't look like he can beat a common cold, let alone the world's most brutal, twisted underworld.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

capamerica7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#670  Edited By capamerica7

Don't like it. DC should have planned on wanting to copy the Avengers movies. They may have been able to connect the Dark Knight trilogy to a Justice League film. Instead DC didn't have a plan for their movies like Disney-Marvel had and has, and now fans are paying for it.

hachoumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671  Edited By hachoumi

NO! Affleck is an over rated actor he was good in a few movies but that's it. It should have been karl urban

Avatar image for manofsteelrulez
manofsteelrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not my first choice but I think he can do well.I know he had done shit in a lot of movies but he has gotten better since then.

Nightwing1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know but I still don't like the fact that he going to be Batman... I know Daredevil was a while back but still.. I guess I must see the movie to change my mind

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@daltonmunnal: i also love the movie. its the only way i can see elektra (solo film does not count). never saw director's cut though. does it still have the play ground scene?

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like it. DC should have planned on wanting to copy the Avengers movies. They may have been able to connect the Dark Knight trilogy to a Justice League film. Instead DC didn't have a plan for their movies like Disney-Marvel had and has, and now fans are paying for it.

Yes, obviously there's a way to fuse in Nolan's work in Snyder's MOS, crap no. The Nolanverse is the Nolanverse, nothing else. That's an even worst idea, I don't want DC to ruin the greatest superhero trilogy of all time just for a quicker cash grab than this.

Mickfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, it's set in and at first I just shook my head in utter confusion. Then I caught a showing of "The Town" the other night, and thought to myself this could work. I'm going to call out the director on this one. If Zack puts it all together then I can see this happening. I love Batman so my standards are going to be pretty high. I mean there were things about the storyline in DKR that I didn't really like, but Nolan did a good job at selling it. We'll see what happens, I'm going in with an open mind. It can't be any worse than Daredevil. Yikes that sucked.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Alec Baldwin needs to be Batman, and Alfred, and CatWoman, and Joker, and Hush, and FireFly, and Jim Gordon sr and Junior :D

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On second thought.............At least it's not Ryan Gosling. Sweet lord i might shot myself. ..with a water gun full of hot water.

UngratefulNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: You're right but I feel he could do well in the role. It'd be a different direction but Elba is a fantastic actor. This may sound naive but I don't see any reason a black actor cannot play Bruce Wayne, if the actor can be charming, suave, and collected in a suit and strong, brilliant, and gritty in a bat suit then why not look at them as a choice? Then again, I'm not a Hollywood casting agent but it's just an interesting thought I have. Maybe one day. Miles Morales always gives hope.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Loading Video...

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@ungratefulninja said:

@novi_homines: You're right but I feel he could do well in the role. It'd be a different direction but Elba is a fantastic actor. This may sound naive but I don't see any reason a black actor cannot play Bruce Wayne, if the actor can be charming, suave, and collected in a suit and strong, brilliant, and gritty in a bat suit then why not look at them as a choice? Then again, I'm not a Hollywood casting agent but it's just an interesting thought I have. Maybe one day. Miles Morales always gives hope.

Not gonna lie, I'm tired of hearing Elba being suggested for EVERY ROLE from Doctor Who to Batman. He's a fine actor but you can't just throw him at every role and say he's amazing so it works, some great actors suck in roles they are expected to be good in. Honestly if a black panther movie was to ever happen and he was cast, he may be the only reason that movie garners enough attention to succeed even if the script was mediocre.

Affleck has a hand full of good roles that's it. I don't find any of said roles to be good or anything impressive but people seem to like them. The man is just a stiff actor and has a limited range. I liked the directors cut of daredevil(it's decent, not good) but the man even runs like he has a rod firmly inserted up his bum. It's just going to be like SLJ as Nick Fury, he's just Ben Affleck playing Bruce Wayne as Ben Affleck in a suit. Not to mention he hates wearing costumes so he'll have his face exposed like 90% of the time like RDJ even while in costume.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ensabahnurx said:

@ungratefulninja said:

Not gonna lie, I'm tired of hearing Elba being suggested for EVERY ROLE from Doctor Who to Batman. He's a fine actor but you can't just throw him at every role and say he's amazing so it works, some great actors suck in roles they are expected to be good in. Honestly if a black panther movie was to ever happen and he was cast, he may be the only reason that movie garners enough attention to succeed even if the script was mediocre.

Affleck has a hand full of good roles that's it. I don't find any of said roles to be good or anything impressive but people seem to like them. The man is just a stiff actor and has a limited range. I liked the directors cut of daredevil(it's decent, not good) but the man even runs like he has a rod firmly inserted up his bum. It's just going to be like SLJ as Nick Fury, he's just Ben Affleck playing Bruce Wayne as Ben Affleck in a suit. Not to mention he hates wearing costumes so he'll have his face exposed like 90% of the time like RDJ even while in costume.

That's another fine point. Affleck is stiff. He appears in his flimsy attempts at martial movements to be the opposite of graceful, slick and athletic. The combat sequences in DD looked worse than my girlfriend trying to pull off kata after having been shown a move only once (in her defense, she improved shortly thereafter. Affleck? Not so much).

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not totally against it but i am hesitant about him as Bruce Wayne.

I like him and think he is a good actor but i will wait till the movie comes out or clips come out to decide whether it was a mistake or not

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

No Caption Provided

Except Nolan isn't involved. He's left the dcu to go back to working on personal projects. This is Snyder's universe now.

lol just throwing it out there i DID believe Ledger could pull off the Joker. I am more hesitant about Affleck playing Batman but i am interested in his take on the character. I can picture him in hte bat suit and his conversations with Alfred but im curious what he is going to do for Batman's voice and tone.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope sorry, Christian Bale already stated: "Abed is Batman now."

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the unwarranted hate towards Affleck is getting stupid. I mean honestly are any of you the same person you were 10 years ago? No I'm sure you're a bit less retarded if not much. The man has the acting chops to play the role and his is of the right age to play an experienced Batman and Classy Wayne. Everyone says he's not intimidating enough...bull the man is 6'4 and will easily hit the proper weight and be buff enough to do it. He isn't some scrawny guy and he can play tough and mysterious. (see the scene in Argo when he is prepping them) Everyone is so fast to be up in arms without giving him a chance and bringing up old gigs he did...get over it because in all honesty Heath Ledger's resume wasn't all that impressive and neither was Micheal Keaton. Sit back and relax and let him have a chance because honestly the majority sound like a bunch of "I want Christian Bales boner full frontal all movie or I wont watch it" retards. Jesus Christ no wonder people think comic fans are pathetic...

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill wait till the reviews, can't say I see it working on the big screen, what crime can there be for batman to solve? As for Affleck... He should be ok, I don't see him as batman but I can see him as a better Bruce Wayne, and lets be honest batman a suit and a voice, if Afleck can't get the voice right he will be dubbed, if he can't do the action a stuntman will... It's the story that will sell it, with just two heros you run the risk of upsetting half you audience if the film leans to far in one characters favour, this was avoided well in avengers by having a big mix and plenty of build up, with Ben affect stepping in As batman, i wonder if it will be possible for us to care for him in a film he will have to share equally with superman.

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#691  Edited By Carnage13

This is nuts....Lets cast the man who killed DD for me.The guy is a moron and should never made it past the Keven Smith movies. He is a piss pore actor at best.

UngratefulNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ensabahnurx: That's fair. Honestly, I had no idea that he is so thrown around the fantasy casting room. I haven't seen him in much, other than Ghost Rider which he wasn't so great in, The Wire, and Luther. His acting in The Wire was great. I see your point, though, maybe a lesser known name would work- this is why I'm at home and not in a casting room haha. It'd be nice to see this universe's Batman handled maturely and respectfully. This character means too much to comics and film alike to have an actor not deliver a stellar performance. We all may be asking too much in the delivery of this movie but after Nolan's product I'd say the bar has been set pretty high but I digress. I agree with you and maybe Affleck will pull it off, his time behind the camera has improved his acting so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've rather seen him play Onomatopoeia or maybe Prometheus...

Ah, who'm I kidding? I'm only disappointed that it's not Jeffrey Donovan and would have complained about anyone else.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694  Edited By blackkitty

What I find truely amazing about this is, since this posting I've been berated with articles about how the media panned Michael Keaton as Batman, audience reaction to Keith Ledger as Joker, and people's reactions to Christian Bale as Batman. It's as if the movie company is trying (too desperately in my opinion) to defend their choice. People will think what they think. Me? I think they went with an actor who has a built in base, both good and bad. Some will see it for him, others will oppose it for the same reason and no amount of convincing will sway these people. The rest, just make a good movie and wait and see.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@blackkitty: The only point I completely disagree with you on is the notion that any Batman fans won't see this this movie. Some will see it because its Batman, some will see it because they think its good, many will see it for no other reason than to have more reason to bitch but they're all going to see it. And every true Batman and Superman fan is going to see it because its the movie we've all been waiting on since we were 9 and if we didn't go our inner child would probably manifest itself as a massive ulcer and or tumor just to make us pay for it.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ensabahnurx: That's fair. Honestly, I had no idea that he is so thrown around the fantasy casting room. I haven't seen him in much, other than Ghost Rider which he wasn't so great in, The Wire, and Luther. His acting in The Wire was great. I see your point, though, maybe a lesser known name would work- this is why I'm at home and not in a casting room haha. It'd be nice to see this universe's Batman handled maturely and respectfully. This character means too much to comics and film alike to have an actor not deliver a stellar performance. We all may be asking too much in the delivery of this movie but after Nolan's product I'd say the bar has been set pretty high but I digress. I agree with you and maybe Affleck will pull it off, his time behind the camera has improved his acting so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ghost rider?

UngratefulNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: The sequel, Spirit of Vengeance. If you haven't seen it I envy you.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#699  Edited By Blacharrt1
Loading Video...

@jokergeist: i don't take advice from gay pornstars.... (-_-), that's like taking advice from a stripper...

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided