• 59 results
#1 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

All the time in Battle threads he's in, people seriously say he'd win. Can someone just give me some good feats of the character, or how he'd beat people like Superman?

Or when this show actually went over with people? I didn't know people ever watched the show. I tried to, and it just annoyed the hell out of me. I thought Ben was an over annoying brat. I thought the aliens looked stupid. Are people serious with the character or no?

Didn't know where to put this at, sorry if it's located wrong. Figured it should be put in General Discussion. Just like, any help when this character boosted with popularity because everyone I know hated the show.

#2 Edited by Dratini1331 (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: It was established that he beats supes via intangibility + magic. I personally have no feats for him though because, like you, I find the show extremely annoying and such. I'd rather he didn't beat supes, but supes can't punch what he can't touch.

#3 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: It was established that he beats supes via intangibility + magic. I personally have no feats for him though because, like you, I find the show extremely annoying and such. I'd rather he didn't beat supes, but supes can't punch what he can't touch.

Can't he just.. punch the kid in the mouth before he turns or something like that? I'd pay to see it. Just Superman fly in, and punch Ben in the mouth before he turns into an alien. That'd be pretty damn funny to me.

Again though, this isn't a battle thread. When did people actually start liking this show? Isn't it off Cartoon Network because no one watched it and stuff? I don't know.

#4 Posted by Dratini1331 (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Nah, It actually got like 3 sequels and a remake and a spin off sort of show by the same company. It's really popular (despite being worse than shows like Young Justice or everything on Toonami). I think people are saying this is morals on supes, who wouldn't hit a child, or ben starts as [insert alien] and such. I agree with you though.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (22997 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Well, Ben is strong, and they've given him SO many aliens over the course of the series that he's very versitile too, however, to me, the only one of his aliens that stand a chance against Superman is Alien X, which is extremely powerful...yet almost never useful in a battle.

#6 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: That's crazy. That's honestly crazy. How does Young Justice get taken off but that stays? Damn.

@the_stegman Well, I mean, the aliens are the strong ones, right? Not actually Ben? Or is Ben superpowered too? I'm so off with this series. I can't stand watching it either, since everything about it just bugs me. Is Alien X the ultimate alien?

#7 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since people can't make DBZ threads anymore they need to find some kind of new outlet to pit against comic characters. I lost interest in this series a long time ago and I can't understand how the hell Ben even wins against Superman.

#8 Posted by Dratini1331 (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: I know right! And they just got to some of the best parts with Wally vanishing and Darkseid! AASDMAFJFDNHAIDS! I get mad whenever I think about that =(

#9 Edited by The Stegman (22997 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@dratini1331:

That's crazy. That's honestly crazy. How does Young Justice get taken off but that stays? Damn.

@the_stegman

Well, I mean, the aliens are the strong ones, right? Not actually Ben? Or is Ben superpowered too? I'm so off with this series. I can't stand watching it either, since everything about it just bugs me. Is Alien X the ultimate alien?

Ben has no powers, but he has a watch that samples the DNA of any alien species it comes in contact with and stores it. Ben can then access the aliens in the watch and transforms himself into said aliens. However, he retains his own mind. Throughout the series, Ben has shown that he's great at adapting with what alien he chooses since most of the time the watch gives him something OTHER than the alien he wants.

Alien X is by far the strongest creature shown in the show. It's an alien that is comprised of two constantly arguing entities, one that wants to help, another that does'nt which often ends in a deadlock. Whenever Ben turns into this, he has to try to convince them to let him use Alien X (meanwhile, his physical body is standing still since the argument is inside his mind). However, Alien X is so powerful that he survived the universe being destroyed and recreated it in his own image.

#10 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan

I stay away from those battles, because it almost just irritates me. "BEN WOULD STOMP THESE CHARACTERS". I don't even see it. I can't even imagine it happening in comics either.

I don't even see a writer allowing Ambush Bug losing to Ben. It just looks silly to me. Then again, could be biased with my annoyance towards the show, but still.

@dratini1331

Well, wouldn't be the first good superhero show ended with a cliff hanger on Cartoon Network. Remember Teen Titans? Last episode, I'm pretty sure was the confrontation with Beast Boy and Terra.

@the_stegman
Maybe they should just do a series for Alien X. That'd be pretty cool. So, the issue with Alien X is that it takes some time to use him?

#11 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Lol I can see it now in terms of Ben 10 vs Superman.

Ben: IT'S HERO TI-

Superman just punched off the head of Ben at trans-light speeds.

GG Ben.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (22997 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: The issue with Alien X is he has to convince the two aliens to fight, and it's no guarantee that they will agree to do it, meanwhile he's just standing there open to attack, though, if he survives a universal explosion, I doubt he can be harmed by even Superman. The worst that will happen is it will be a forfeit on Alien X's part.

#13 Edited by Dratini1331 (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Oh yeah, where Terra claimed not to remember. "Things change" was the title right? That was so sad...

#14 Posted by The Stegman (22997 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since people can't make DBZ threads anymore they need to find some kind of new outlet to pit against comic characters. I lost interest in this series a long time ago and I can't understand how the hell Ben even wins against Superman.

Well, it would seem there has been an influx of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson battles to take DBZ's place.

#15 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman
Makes sense. So most battles would come down to the fact if Ben can even get Alien X to fight. And yeah, I noticed the influx. I think they're just as ridiculous. I'm a fan of both of those series, and I still think the battles are ridiculous.

@dratini1331 Don't even get me started on how depressing that was for me. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I'm 19 now, and it still depresses me about that whole issue. Those two were my favorite characters. I hated seeing Terra go down in general.

@limpoyzloan Lmao. He just randomly knocks Ben's head off.

#17 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan
That's what gets me. If the battle is bloodlusted, how is Ben even going to have time to get to that certain alien he needs. I don't understand. Wouldn't Supes just superblitz speed in and just knock Ben right in the face? Eh.

#19 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan

That's what gets me. If the battle is bloodlusted, how is Ben even going to have time to get to that certain alien he needs. I don't understand. Wouldn't Supes just superblitz speed in and just knock Ben right in the face? Eh.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. THE LOGIC THAT SHOULD BE USED IN A BEN 10 VS BATTLE.

#20 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9431 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: He has Alien X(who is supposedly omnipotent if not that, universal). He also should have access to Ascalon(Diagon-infused). It was stated by Vilgax that with both Ascalon and the Omnitrix he could impose his will on the universe(however, Ben being the hero with his morals only reverts Earth to how it was before the Diagon situation happened).

#21 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9431 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: They usually give Ben some time of prep, which he would be able to turn into an alien before the actual fight.

#22 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9431 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk

With all due respect, I have no idea who any of those characters are except for Alien X at this point.

Also, so.. we take the prep time off Ben. Somehow, I think the battle would change massively.

So in the end.. everyone really counts on Alien X. Not Ben, but Alien X.

#25 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9431 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Alien X or Ascalon.

But yes, Ben does need prep for Alien X or he gets blitzed.

#26 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I'll provide why Ben 10's been winning it throughout the battle forums:

1) His Omnitrix/ Ultimatrix allows him to transform into whatever alien he likes and even if he's killed in one form, the Omnitrix will respond him into another alien.

2) Ben 10 has plumber tech that range from energy blasters, Reality warping, teleporting, and ships known to travel FTL since Ben has been known to travel across the galaxy within minutes.

3) Ben's second best alien is Waybig which has many powers that puts him on par with many heavy hitters in the DC universe.

A) He has cosmic rays for energy manipulation

b) He can BFR creatures as big as him into space by means of strength or run so fast in a tornado. (th flash's style)

C) Waybig only has one weakness which is the fin on his head. Crack that open and Waybig is paralyzed. Overall, Waybig has resisted nucleur explosions each greater than island/ city buster lvl with ease.

4) Ben in one episode of Ultimate Alien, he used echo echo to multiply the number of aliens present at once. Meaning Waybig, Humongosaur, Big Chill, XLR8 all could be fighting at once.

5) Another alien no one really mentiones that's useful is Ion. Ben one time turned into Ion's species, which have the ability to teleport, warp time and space, and even turned their opponents into ashes by aging them, similar to Clockwork. Plus, Ion was proven he can't be killed in our dimension because he's from another dimension. Proof when Heat Blast tried to fry Ion and he only reformed back into hiself later in the movie. Plus, BFR was literally the only way it took to defeat Ion.

Overall, besides if you want me to discuss about the Ascalon sword Ben 10 warped reality with, then that's it why Ben 10 is as great in the battle forums today.

#28 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4:

Is that first one accurate? So, he can't die? What the hell.

2. I thought he was a kid/teen with an annoying attitude. When did he become on par with Han Solo and Samus when it comes to gadgets?

3. Are you sure that can do cosmic manipulation? Was it specifically said?

4. That's so stupid and OP though.

5. There was a movie?

God, that character is so annoying. So let me get this straight.

They took an annoying kid, gave him over the top powers, and now people like him. Great. He's as annoying as Johnny Test, and now people are fans of him.

So basically, Ben 10 is an annoying Robby Reed.

I feel like I'll just ignore every battle the annoying brat is in. I seriously can't believe Ben 10 got popular.

#29 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru:

1) Yeah in one episode, Vilgax one-shots Chromastone and Ben, presumed dead in a few seconds turned into Diamonhead. He still had Chromstone though, just that he needed to be another alien. I forgot the episode, but there was a scene about it, it can be found on Wolverine vs Diamonhead

Pg. 2-3.

2) He is a teenager, but not 100% human, he's part Anodite, a stated omnipotent race that manipulates magic. (One most common argument against superman)

Beside that Ben 10 is a plumber, a intergalactic police officer who has technology that shames humanity. Above stated are examples of what he has access to.

3) Yes, its officially stated "cosmic rays" just not on a planet busting scale at least for now., there are claims he could make cosmic storms but I'm not discussing claims here.

4) Well it's what happened, but Ben isn't as cooperative with the other aliens since they have separate minds of their own.

5) Movies called "Ben 10: Race against time" its ok because it's canon. a shitty overall movie but feats could actually be judged properly.

Well, I wouldn't say annoying, just EXTREMELY HARD TO KILL!

- One dude named MirrorWave4 made a Ben 10 vs Galactus and his heralds thread and I don't know how, but people were debating over it for over 4 pgs.

The big debate was if Galactus was powerful enough to destroy Alien X, Ben's most powerful alien, who survived a Universe busting attack and recreated a Universe out of the pimples of his own back. Plus if Ben 10's watch is attempted at being destroyed by an outside force, it will blow up the Universe, stated by Azmuth in the episode "Secret of the Omnitrix".

Ben 10's pretty OP, and I don't like it either. Literally nothing could be really debated, Ben 10 can just get one shotted as his weakness Alien and come back as another.

#30 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4
1. Wow. I honestly don't know how to feel about. Just wow.
2. When did that ever happen? Didn't he have human parents? I thought he had a sister, does that make her a weird alien thing too? How does that happen? When did he ever become a plumber? Is he an adult now?
3. Yeah, we should keep claims out of it for now. No disrespect.
4. ..So he changes into someone different? Wait. So he becomes something totally different, but morphs into it, but doesn't keep his m- what the hell.
5. I think my little brother watched it. Didn't it have some guy with flies? Or bees?

I'd say he's annoying. Every time I watched it, or tried to at least, he came off as an annoying arrogant little shithead. I found the show boring, the plots boring. I can't believe they continued it. It actually has a fanbase?

#31 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

All the time in Battle threads he's in, people seriously say he'd win. Can someone just give me some good feats of the character, or how he'd beat people like Superman?

Or when this show actually went over with people? I didn't know people ever watched the show. I tried to, and it just annoyed the hell out of me. I thought Ben was an over annoying brat. I thought the aliens looked stupid. Are people serious with the character or no?

Didn't know where to put this at, sorry if it's located wrong. Figured it should be put in General Discussion. Just like, any help when this character boosted with popularity because everyone I know hated the show.

Which series? I can agree with Alien Force and Ultimate Alien and a little less with Omniverse, but not so much for the original series.

#32 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@sideburnguru said:

Which series? I can agree with Alien Force and Ultimate Alien and a little less with Omniverse, but not so much for the original series.

Not quite sure if I understand your question. Like.. any? I guess? I don't know.

#33 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@dratini1331:

That's crazy. That's honestly crazy. How does Young Justice get taken off but that stays? Damn.

@the_stegman

Well, I mean, the aliens are the strong ones, right? Not actually Ben? Or is Ben superpowered too? I'm so off with this series. I can't stand watching it either, since everything about it just bugs me. Is Alien X the ultimate alien?

Ben has no powers, but he has a watch that samples the DNA of any alien species it comes in contact with and stores it.

Alien X is by far the strongest creature shown in the show. It's an alien that is comprised of two constantly arguing entities, one that wants to help, another that does'nt which often ends in a deadlock.

No...during Ultimate Alien, he USED to have a version of the Omnitrix that worked like that called the Ultimatrix. He has since then lost the ability to sample new alien species.

Also, Alien X is it's OWN being and those two entities you mentioned are part of a split personality all Alien X's develop. They don't actually exist as their own entities outside of Alien X's mind.

#34 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@sideburnguru said:

Not quite sure if I understand your question. Like.. any? I guess? I don't know.

I'm asking, which series did you watch where Ben was an annoying brat.

#35 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@sideburnguru said:

@perezite said:

@sideburnguru said:

So far, each one? I thought he was annoying and bland character through each one. He was about as cool and interesting as Johnny Test.

#36 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru:

2) Well his father is 1/2 Anodite and his mother is 100% human. His grandmother, Max Tennyson's wife, is an Anodite. You mean Gwen, that's Ben's cousin. Well she the one who attempted her Anodite side and has transformed into one at least three times in the whole show. He became a plumber when he was in Ben 10 alien force- to Omniverse, which is recent Ben 10. Well there is Ben 10,000 who is adult Ben, seen in the original Ben 10 series and I think one-time episode in a future time-line episode called Ken 10 which is when Ben 10 gives his son his original Omnitrix.

3) agreed.

4) Ok, how it works is he turns into echo-echo, an alien with sonic sound abilities and can multiply himself to infinity. Ben found out he can press the Omnitrix on his chess so that just one individual echo-echo clone can morph back into another Ben with his own Omnitrix. Ben in one episode created three clones of himself and each clone's personality was different from the last. Ben 10 rarely uses that technique anymore because of that. But it's pretty lethal.

5) Are preferring to Ben's alien stinkfly, who is pretty useless or Bigchill (The blue bettle undead looking alien)

If your talking about BigChill then,

- He can go intangible, meaning nothing can physically touch him. He posseses the ability to breathe in the vacuum of space, and can freeze object and individuals while being intangible. But what's worse is "Ultimate Big Chill" he instead of freezing does a term called "absorb all heat" so that things naturally freeze. Most guys make arguments that since BigChill lives on a planet that's half of a sun, he could absorb the solar radiation cells from Superman's body and Superman will naturally freeze up.

- So yeah my whole summary proves there is really no point in debating a Ben 10 vs thread because logically Ben 10 could just sacrifice a pointless alien like Stink fly and he just comes back in a few seconds as another random alien.

Hope this helps.

#37 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

2. Wait.. then what's his grandfather? I'm so off with this. How come that was never touched on? Was that always like that? Ugh.

4. Well, that's good I guess. Less OP.

5. No.. I mean, in the movie I saw there was some guy with flies or something. I don't know, pretty sure that was in the trailer. I forget what it was.

That's weird. I got the idea though at least.

#38 Posted by The Stegman (22997 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@the_stegman said:

@sideburnguru said:

@dratini1331:

@the_stegman

Ben has no powers, but he has a watch that samples the DNA of any alien species it comes in contact with and stores it.

Alien X is by far the strongest creature shown in the show. It's an alien that is comprised of two constantly arguing entities, one that wants to help, another that does'nt which often ends in a deadlock.

No...during Ultimate Alien, he USED to have a version of the Omnitrix that worked like that called the Ultimatrix. He has since then lost the ability to sample new alien species.

Also, Alien X is it's OWN being and those two entities you mentioned are part of a split personality all Alien X's develop. They don't actually exist as their own entities outside of Alien X's mind.

1. I know, I was giving him a description of what the Omnitrix was, and how exactly it recieved its aliens

2. I don't see how what you said is different from what I said, I didn't say they existed outside of Alien X's mind.

#39 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Well he is 1/4 Anodite like Gwen who has super powers.

#40 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru:

2) Grandpa Max is 100% human, it's just assumed some how the two produce offspring and they turned out to be Ben's father and Gwen's father who I said earlier are half anodites

5) Your talking about "Ben 10: Alien Swarm" which had a dude who was a hive for an alien queen drone. The bug things were the Queen's servants who rested in human bodies and "demonically- possesed" them. Ben 10 becomes Nano-Meck in that movie, a near microscopic alien drone that can affect large machines. And was used to destroy the Queen.

But, I was talking about "Ben 10: Race Against Time" who I said had an extra-dimensional being who couldn't be killed.

#41 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: I thought he fought some aliens, or almost died, or something like that.

#42 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Yeah he did, here and there because he's a plumber. But later on he ends up (I don't marry) with an alien wife named Verdona , who turned out to be an alien species that can use magic called Anodites.

Here is more information about Anodites:

Verdona Tennyson

General Information

Species - Anodite

Home World Earth (formerly)

Anodyne

Affiliations Tennyson Family

Powers and Abilities

- Mana Manipulation

- Flight

- Teleportation

- Limited Reality Warping

- Mana Absorption

- Space Survivability

- Object Creation

- Magical Abilities

- Spell Casting

- Mysticism

- Life-Force Manipulation

- Life-Force Absorption

- Energy Manipulation

- Energy Constructs

(Relationships)

- Max Tennyson (estranged husband)

Carl Tennyson (son)

Frank Tennyson (son)

Ken Tennyson (grandson)

Ben Tennyson (grandson)

Gwen Tennyson (granddaughter)

Sandra Tennyson (daughter-in-law)

Natalie Tennyson (daughter-in-law)

First Appearance

- "What Are Little Girls Made Of"

#43 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: God, it sounds like a kid who wants their created character to be unstoppable made her.

Wow.

#44 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@sideburnguru said:

@perezite said:

@sideburnguru said:

So far, each one? I thought he was annoying and bland character through each one. He was about as cool and interesting as Johnny Test.

So far each one? Yeah...somehow, I don't buy it.

So, like Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall like to do with convoluted comic book history, it's time for, "CARTOON NETWORK ANIMATION HISTORY YOU DON'T OR CARE ABOUT BUT NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THIS!”

With that said, the original Ben 10 series where Ben Tennyson was a ten year old and first found what he mistakes to be an “alien watch” (revealed later on to be an alien device called the “Omnitrix” who, despite being built by the greatest mind in five galaxies, never actually managed to tell time in any of the versions it goes through. Then again, considering it’s not REALLY a watch, that’s nitpicking a nit that’s not there to pick) that allowed him to transform into a member of one of ten different alien species aired from December of 2005 to April of 2008. It lasted 49 episodes and was so successful that Cartoon Network decided to pick it up for a new series taking place five years in future, with Ben as a teen.

This new series, called Alien Force, aired from April of 2008 to March of 2010, lasting for a total of 46 episodes. This series is where Alien X first appeared in a massive anti-climax in an episode (episode 13) that just screamed “filler” (not helped by how much Cartoon Network was hyping up Alien X at the time in its marketing). Dwayne McDuffie was a big writer for the show and…I’m not gonna lie. He, the founder of milestone comics, writer for the Static Shock TV series (based on one of his Milestone comics characters), and a writer for the later part of the rest of the DCAU…was SERIOSULY bumming it for Alien Force. Ultimate Alien too. Maybe it was executive meddling or the other writers or SOMETHING, but the majority of the writing for Alien Force was NOT his best. I’ve seen his best, and the most you ever got was a few sprinkles of his best in SOME of the episodes. And it’s a shame too, since I liked the idea of a grown up and matured ben leading a group of half-human/half-alien teens (with one dude whose just a straight up meta-human and technopath…I think…) with an even more grown up and matured Gwen against an invasive Alien menace that took a few pages from the Skrull and the Aliens from “They Live!” in how they operated. I might have even liked the idea of Kevin (sort of the anti-thesis of Ben in the original series in that, like him, he was a bit of an annoying kid who liked to goof off and show off with his powers, but ultimately and unlike Ben didn’t care about stepping over or killing anyone to get what he wanted and didn’t know when enough was enough) turning over a new leaf if he wasn’t RE-INTRODUCED IN THE OPENING ARC OF THE SERIES WITH NO EXPLANATION (OR SATISFYING ONE) AS TO WHY HE’S A BETTER PERSON AND DOESN’T WANT TO TURN BEN INTO BLOODY SALSA NO MORE AND JOINS UP WITH HIM WITHOUT HAVING A ULTERIOR MOTIVE THAT INVOLVED BETRAYING BEN’S ASS! Anyways, the quality of this series, much like with Ultimate Alien, is generally mediocre with the occasional above average and good episode spiced in-between.

This new series was so popular that Cartoon Network decided to pick it up for a new series taking place at around the time where the last one ended off, called Ultimate Alien (named so because of Ben’s acquisition at the end of Alien Force, the Ultimatrix, which was made by a doppelganger enemy of his called Albedo, that had the ability to not only scam new aliens it came into contact with and add it to its collection of transformation, but also give “evolved forms” of most of ben’s aliens that were generally better than their regular incarnations (through a head scratching process the watch does that, I’m not going to lie, makes me want to slap Dwayne McDuffie’s dead corpse. Or the executive(s) who was holding him back).

There’s really no difference aside from the title and the Ultimatrix from this series or Alien Force except that Ben seems to be suffering from even WORSE character regression than in the last one and has some of his (if not MOST of his) really, really, REALLY bad character moments (Julie. Poor, poor, Julie…). Funnily enough, this series ended with an arc that showed some promise much like how Alien Force started with an arc that showed some promise. It involved this cult that was working for and worshipped this big, giant, fuck-off Cthulu stand-in called Dagon (or The Dagon) and the rise BACK to prominence of this sort of human-supremacist/KKK rejects/Men-In-Black if they had a whole knights and medieval theme called “The Forever Knights.” The forever knights had suffered some pretty serious villain decay in Alien Force and the majority of Ultimate Alien up to this point but, with the help of the real Saint George, were not only threatening and menacing again, but were also turned into less of the obvious bad guys and more into a morally ambiguous wayward ally of Ben and the team. The arc however just didn’t have enough of a punch behind it (probably because I think that the writers couldn’t get away with people sacrificing their un-born children to Dagon and thought the arc really needed something like that) when it all culminated together (even though Ben was in a position of Ultimate power after defeating Dagon and his traitorous henchman afterwards) and the series ended with Ben getting a new Omnitrix.

The series lasted from April 2010 to March 2012 for a total of 52 episodes.

This series was so popular that cartoon network decided to give the Ben franchise ANOTHER sequel series called “Ben 10: Omniverse.” All I’ll say now about this one is that it’s generally an improvement over most of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, despite what some fans will tell you.

#45 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite
You don't buy my opinion?

How does that work?

#46 Posted by Owie (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think one of the things that makes the show interesting is exactly that he's an annoying brat, and that the show is very upfront about it. Basically he's constantly getting in trouble and almost losing because he's hugely shallow and arrogant. His friends and the adults are always telling him he's basically a jerk. A lot of the long term arc, where he eventually grows up into Ben 10,000, is about how he eventually learns to not be an annoying brat. We expect the main character of a show to be someone we like, but this show intentionally makes him hard to like. So it's sort of an unusual investigation into what it would be like if an average kid got powers--he would totally be arrogant and thoughtless about it--and how that affects him enough to slowly (vveeeerrrrrrryyy slowly) grow up a bit.

#47 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite

You don't buy my opinion?

How does that work?

No...what I'm saying is that, I don't buy you saw EVERY series like you said you did.

#48 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie:

See, I'm fine when a character is "annoying" to a limit.

To me, he's annoying. The show is annoying. The side characters are annoying. The villains are annoying. I really just can't get into it.

@perezite
I don't honestly know if I did or not. I know I saw it on multiple times, and he looked different in each one. I don't know.

#49 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

@sideburnguru said:

I actually think one of the things that makes the show interesting is exactly that he's an annoying brat, and that the show is very upfront about it. Basically he's constantly getting in trouble and almost losing because he's hugely shallow and arrogant. His friends and the adults are always telling him he's basically a jerk. A lot of the long term arc, where he eventually grows up into Ben 10,000, is about how he eventually learns to not be an annoying brat. We expect the main character of a show to be someone we like, but this show intentionally makes him hard to like. So it's sort of an unusual investigation into what it would be like if an average kid got powers--he would totally be arrogant and thoughtless about it--and how that affects him enough to slowly (vveeeerrrrrrryyy slowly) grow up a bit.

I don't know about you, but when I first saw the show (I was ten and eleven) I actually thought Ben was VERY likeable. Not only because he was a spoiled brat who liked to goof off and show off (like I was and ESPECIALLY like me if I suddenly had an alien watch with powers), but, despite his disposition, he genuinely DID want to help people for the right reasons (as well as the bad, sometimes).

The way I see it, Ben in the series (for the most part) varies from Booster Gold levels when he was just starting off to Johnny Storm and Booster Gold later in his career levels. He's very similar to those two.

Also, who here could HONESTLY say they wouldn't be a bit of a dick if they suddenly got an alien watch as a ten year old? Hell, who here can HONESTLY say they wouldn't be a bit of a dick if they got an alien watch NOW?

#50 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

..Okay, I'm pretty sure you could just end it as.

"I like the show, you don't."
Honestly, with all due respect, I'm not usually close minded but I really do dislike that show. I think it's purely stupid. I don't think you're gonna get me to like it.