Being open minded...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Here is a ist of all the characters i have a certain.....distaste for. i want to give them all a shot so if any aficionados be among you please enlighten me. tell me what is so cool about these characters and tell me what their best showing was.

Black Panther

Hulk

......Nova (boy that one is gonna be a tough sell)

Deadpool

and

......Ironman (even tougher sell than nova)

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

What do you not like about Nova?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Bruce Banner is so much cooler than the Hulk..... If that makes any sense.... Try Peter David's run on The Hulk when Bruce Banner controlled the Hulk.....

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

For The Hulk. I like that he's the original (as far as I know) character in comics that actually changes who he is when becoming the title character. Spider-man is still Peter Parker (I'm not counting Dan Slott's BS) Superman is still Clark Kent when he switches to his blue uni and red cape. The HULK is not Bruce Banner. The best Hulk stories are the ones that explore this dichotomy. Must agree with @judasnixon, Peter David's run was amongst the best at this. (And that's what made those stories so great, not McFarlane's art, though that was pretty cool also.)

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black Panther is awesome for many reasons. He is man who has been burdened with protecting a kingdom and feels it is his one and only duty. He has a strong sense of justice/morality, and will always stand for what he believes is right, and is a truly noble and magnanimous person who will always protect the innocent. Despite how powerful and dangerous T'Challa is, he remains extremely humble and is a true example of not letting power corrupt you. If you want to get an in depth view into why Black Panther is awesome, read Christopher Priest's Black Panther run.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Havenless

@manwhohaseverything said:

For The Hulk. I like that he's the original (as far as I know) character in comics that actually changes who he is when becoming the title character. Spider-man is still Peter Parker (I'm not counting Dan Slott's BS) Superman is still Clark Kent when he switches to his blue uni and red cape. The HULK is not Bruce Banner. The best Hulk stories are the ones that explore this dichotomy. Must agree with @judasnixon, Peter David's run was amongst the best at this. (And that's what made those stories so great, not McFarlane's art, though that was pretty cool also.)

I could argue that Billy Batson becomes a more sophisticated version of himself, because he inherits Solomon's whatever, and Zeus' whatever, and all that. While he still it technically Billy Batson, he's smarter, more valiant, and everything else. And he doesn't call himself Batson, doesn't look like Batson, and acts much different than Batson. Same with the Hulk, it's still Banner. Just a distorted version of himself. The radiation didn't put some other being in his head, it simply forged a new one. Not unlike what Shazam did to Batson.

And Batson came first.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I liked about Peter David's run on The Hulk was Bruce Banner was a genius. He didn't have to "smash" his way out of everything...... He would out think everyone to win.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dabee

@sog7dc: You seem to just not know a whole lot about the Marvel universe, as you have said a lot of characters are Batman ripoffs... (Even when they're nothing like Batman) All of the characters are Marvel, and you seem to really just be more of a DC fan. Since you are going to give them a chance, (which many strictly DC fans wouldn't), I'll tell you why Black Panther is awesome and is certainly not a Batman ripoff:

Because he's not. It's just not really fair to say you have a distaste for characters you clearly know nothing about, is all I'm saying. You could ask for recommendations on how to get into them, but to say you already don't like them is just a bit odd. Anyway, Black Panther is a rich genius king that kicks a whole lot of ass. Also, this:

No Caption Provided

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@sog7dc: It'd help if you said why/what you dislike about the characters you listed

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By HumanRocket

You can think of Nova as Peter Parker. A normal kid who just happens to get these great powers that he has no idea how to use and has to learn to use them. Nova doesn't really take off unitl annihilation wave. The whole universe is at war millions did and Nova is the last one standing of the once proud Nova corps. He takes the responsibility of taking the whole nova force and becoming the Nova prime and at the same time learning to become a warrior by being trained by Drax the Destroyer. When he comes back to earth everyone who used to think of him as a joke now respect him for his new found maturity and power. He has to learn during this war to be warrior a leader and a hero. He becomes such a Great War hero that even the Kree empire dedicates a statue to him after his death. The thing that makes Rich such a great chracther is that he's relatable like Peter. And like Peter and his alter ego you get to see Rich develop into one of the greates comismic heroes.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start reading planet hulk

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: can't sell you on Deadpool. He's a silly character and pretty useless in the MU.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By batmannflash

The thing is, I don't think anyone can ever explain to you why these characters are awesome and change your mind. You kinda need to read their stories and experience them first hand to understand them. You really can't properly judge and say you have a distaste of the characters unless you have read on them.

So I recommend finding good comics about these characters and read about them! You will gain knowledge about them, and understand why people like them. If you still don't like some of them, then you don't. And there's not much you can do about it unless something comes out in the future.

I'm not a fan of Iron Man (outside of RDJ). But I like Hulk (sometimes), Nova, and definitely Black Panther.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Read the comics. Nova and Black Panther - they're both pretty easy sells once you do.