Become an expert!

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dtschemmel

I want this topic, to inform anybody about any superhero. Just users writing character bio's.

So, kind of make it short, but filled with enough information for a person to get a good understanding on who that character is. And after you are done writing a brief paragraph, list a character you'd like to learn about, and then the next person does that. And so on. I feel this will help people get a basis for some characters.

My pick: Captain America

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Veshark

Captain America

Steve Rogers was once a scrawny orphan born in Brooklyn, a frail and skinny young man who grew up in poverty during the Great Depression. When America entered WWII, Rogers - for all his frailty - wanted to enlist, but was rejected at multiple recruiting stations due to his physical weakness. But Rogers finally got his chance when he was approached by General Phillips to be a test subject in Operation Rebirth - a top-secret project to develop the world's first Super-Soldier. Headed by Nazi defector and brilliant scientist Abraham Erskine, the project successfully synthesized an experimental Super-Soldier Serum, and after drinking it and being bombarded by Vita-rays, the once thin and sickly Steve Rogers was forever changed into the world's first chemically-created superhuman.

Captain America began his career on the homefront, exposing Nazi spies who had infiltrated the United States, and would eventually go on to enlist a sidekick in the form of Bucky Barnes. As the war progressed, Captain America would eventually lead the Invaders - a team of Allied superhumans commissioned by President Roosevelt - to go overseas and behind enemy lines. He served with distinction in the various fronts of WWII, and encountered many Axis villains from Baron Zemo to Master Man and of course, his nemesis - the Red Skull. But Captain America would finally meet his end when he and Bucky tried to stop a drone plane that was launched by Baron Zemo. The plane was armed with a bomb, and both Bucky and Cap managed to latch onto it, but Captain America realized that it was too late to try defusing the bomb. He dropped off, telling Bucky to do the same, but Bucky's sleeve was caught on the drone plane. The resulting explosion from the plane catapulted Captain America into the freezing waters of the North Atlantic. Both the Captain and his sidekick were presumed dead, and it was assumed that this was the end of the living legend.

But as Marvel history tells us, it was only a new beginning. In the modern age, Namor destroys a frozen block of ice near the waters of the North Atlantic. The Avengers - then consisting of Giant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man, and Thor - fought off Namor and were shocked to find Captain America encased in the ice. Despite the years spent underwater, Captain America was still alive, and in due time, the Captain would adjust to the new world and would rise the ranks to lead the Avengers in nearly all of the team's subsequent incarnations. Throughout the years that followed, Captain America would be at the forefront of nearly every major Marvel event from the Kree-Skrull War, to Onslaught, and even played a central role in the superhuman Civil War. But many personal conflicts were also encountered by the Captain, including his time as Nomad, the return of Bucky Barnes as the Winter Soldier, and even the reemergence of the Red Skull. Through all of it, Captain America has persevered with his peak-human strength and his iconic and indestructible shield. Today, Captain America is arguably the face of the American superhero community, the leader of the Avengers and one of Marvel's top-tier heroes.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veshark

My pick: Nova.

How were his early days as a superhero? Tell me about the New Warriors. How did he become the holder of the Worldmind and the last Nova. How did he die? And all of the other pertinent information regarding the character that I'm too lazy to read myself ;)

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Nova

Richard Rider was an average teenager before being chosen by the Nova Prime to become a member of the Nova Corps, a group of intergalactic peacekeepers, and bestowed a part of the Nova Force, which gives members of the Nova Corps their superpowers, including super strength, durability, energy absorption, the ability to use gravimetric beams and blasts and most importantly super speed (thus the nickname "The Human Rocket"). He slowly became a hero and joined the New Warriors for some time.

When Annihilus attacked at the beginning of Annihilation, Xandar (homeworld of the Corps) was destroyed and Richard remained the only surviving member. The Worldmind (the entire knowledge of the Xandarians and the keeper of the Nova Force) was left to solely be protected by the only Corps member and the entire Nova Force coming to his disposal, as opposed to being spread out among the entire Corps. Richard then became Nova Prime, the highest ranking officer in the Corps.

After defeating Annihilus and beginning to restore members to the Corps, the threat of the Cancerverse invasion led to Richard being recruited into the Annihilators, a group of the most powerful beings in the cosmos. Together they attacked Lord Mar-Vell (the evil Cancerverse version of Captain Mar-Vell) along with the help of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos. Thanos was able to give the cosmic entity Death access to the Cancerverse, and she made it collapse on itself.

But Thanos was abandoned by Death, enraging him. In order to stop Thanos from returning to their universe, Richard and Starlord stayed behind to keep Thanos from escaping the implosion, giving their lives in the process.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Veshark

@jloneblackheart said:

Nova

Richard Rider was an average teenager before being chosen by the Nova Prime to become a member of the Nova Corps, a group of intergalactic peacekeepers, and bestowed a part of the Nova Force, which gives members of the Nova Corps their superpowers, including super strength, durability, energy absorption, the ability to use gravimetric beams and blasts and most importantly super speed (thus the nickname "The Human Rocket"). He slowly became a hero and joined the New Warriors for some time.

When Annihilus attacked at the beginning of Annihilation, Xandar (homeworld of the Corps) was destroyed and Richard remained the only surviving member. The Worldmind (the entire knowledge of the Xandarians and the keeper of the Nova Force) was left to solely be protected by the only Corps member and the entire Nova Force coming to his disposal, as opposed to being spread out among the entire Corps. Richard then became Nova Prime, the highest ranking officer in the Corps.

After defeating Annihilus and beginning to restore members to the Corps, the threat of the Cancerverse invasion led to Richard being recruited into the Annihilators, a group of the most powerful beings in the cosmos. Together they attacked Lord Mar-Vell (the evil Cancerverse version of Captain Mar-Vell) along with the help of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos. Thanos was able to give the cosmic entity Death access to the Cancerverse, and she made it collapse on itself.

But Thanos was abandoned by Death, enraging him. In order to stop Thanos from returning to their universe, Richard and Starlord stayed behind to keep Thanos from escaping the implosion, giving their lives in the process.

Great, concise explanation. Reading the detailed Vine wiki is great and all, but sometimes all I want is the general basics just to get an overview on the character. I don't need to know everything about Nova, just the major events for casual conversation.

Now it's your turn to post a character!

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

My pick: Cyclops

More specifically, events from Utopia until now. I'm kind of confused by news articles lately.