Beast is a Inhuman ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this is getting weird. I was looking up the inhumans after watching the new season of marvels agents of shield and I like to see if I could find any that were on the show. Anyway I found that Beast (Hank McCoy) is listed as a inhuman ? Not only that but so was... Human Torch (Johnny Storm) and Toro (Thomas Raymond) ? So what gives ?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

No. He is still classified as a mutant.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He better not be.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@otaconmgs: He's on the team, but so far, no, he's still a mutant (and better stay that way because he's one of my favorite X-Men).

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

No. He's just living with them

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human Torch lost his powers. I haven't been keeping up, but think they are doing with him what they did with Quicksilver.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: neither Johnny nor Beast are Inhumans. They're only listed among them because they're currently living with the inhumans

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Wouldn't be able to happen I think

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FearTheLiving

@otaconmgs: Where are you looking this up at? If it's here, Comic Vine has Inhumans as a team (which they are) Beast, Johnny, and Toro will be on one of the new teams hence why they're listed as such. They aren't actual Inhumans. If you look under their Character Type it still shows their respective power origin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, he's a mutant for now, but he's still a filthy traitor.

linda0012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By linda0012

Who told you that he still classified as a mutant?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Who told you that he still classified as a mutant?

No one needed to tell him anything. There has been nothing stated that suggests Beast nor the others are Inhumans.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the situation:

In the Comics Beast was and always will be classified as a Mutant.

Problem is that in cinematic ventures meaning Movies and TV the term "mutant" is owned by Fox studios and the X-men franschise.

So any characters that could be potentially be used in the MCU had to have a convenient way to explain inborn powers. So they went to converting them to "Inhumans"

So if Hank McCoy who was also an Avenger shows up in the MCU, much like Quicksilver did his "origin" could be modified for just those legal reasons.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Here's the situation:

Problem is that in cinematic ventures meaning Movies and TV the term "mutant" is owned by Fox studios and the X-men franschise.

So any characters that could be potentially be used in the MCU had to have a convenient way to explain inborn powers. So they went to converting them to "Inhumans"

So if Hank McCoy who was also an Avenger shows up in the MCU, much like Quicksilver did his "origin" could be modified for just those legal reasons.

And therefore he would be an Inhuman just like Quicksilver... who isn't an Inhuman in the movies or the comics...

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chuckwolf

@chuckwolf said:

Here's the situation:

And therefore he would be an Inhuman just like Quicksilver... who isn't an Inhuman in the movies or the comics...

Actually the unofficial explanation as to how Wanda and Pietro got their powers in Avengers: AoU is that they were inhumans whose natural abilities were further enhanced through hydra experiments.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@otaconmgs: neither Johnny nor Beast are Inhumans. They're only listed among them because they're currently living with the inhumans

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@stahlflamme said:
@chuckwolf said:

Here's the situation:

Actually the unofficial explanation as to how Wanda and Pietro got their powers in Avengers: AoU is that they were inhumans whose natural abilities were further enhanced through hydra experiments.

I thought Pietro repowered his powers after he lost them during HoM and used the terrigen mist to bring back his powers

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:
@chuckwolf said:
@stahlflamme said:
@chuckwolf said:

Here's the situation:

I thought Pietro repowered his powers after he lost them during HoM and used the terrigen mist to bring back his powers

That was the comic version I was talking about the Cinematic Universe versions ... the Avengers Movie ones

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By lettsplay10

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

They will try and tweak some mutants to be Inhumans to try and get them into the MCU I imagine.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: johnny is with them because of the FF breaking up and his new relationship with Medusa. I have no idea about Beast though but I wouldn't be suprised if he's trying to help find a way to save the mutants who are being killed by the mists

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: but they only got away with using Pietro and Wanda because the vast majority of their history is Avenger material. BEAST however is primarily an X-Man and his rights are undisputed with them so I'm not sure that theory works completely