Bayonetta vs Batman

RJW7090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hi im new here. me and my friends started an argument over who would win bayonetta or batman (i obviously picked bayonetta) but whats your opinion?

BluOtaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman :) but im curious why did you pick bayonetta?

RJW7090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluotaku: LOL idk maybe cuz they both start with b lol it was just a random conversation

randomperson2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By randomperson2

It's Batman. Hands down. Sorry RJW7090 :D

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DecoyElite

@rjw7090: Wrong section and a mismatch, please take the time to read the forum rules.

GeekyLord13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeekyLord13

@bluotaku: @randomperson2: Really, dudes? ?

A guy dressed in a bat costume vs the Umbra Witch, the one who could kick a jet into the air without effort, could instantly dodge a barrage of bullets that were only a meter BEHIND her, uses the most torturous and deadly BDSM weapons from Hell, and can summon fucking dragons from her hair?!

Like she said to God when she sucker punched him into the sun, "Don't fuck with a witch!"

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator  Online

I don’t care if it’s 5 years old, if your friends picked Batman I’d suggest taking them to a hospital because something is terrribly wrong with their brains.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluotaku said:

Batman :) but im curious why did you pick bayonetta?

copy that

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps, btw wrong category.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol ^ all the trolls in this thread. Bayonetta kicks Batman into the sun in slow motion.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluotaku: @randomperson2: Really, dudes? ?

A guy dressed in a bat costume vs the Umbra Witch, the one who could kick a jet into the air without effort, could instantly dodge a barrage of bullets that were only a meter BEHIND her, uses the most torturous and deadly BDSM weapons from Hell, and can summon fucking dragons from her hair?!

Like she said to God when she sucker punched him into the sun, "Don't fuck with a witch!"

I don’t care if it’s 5 years old, if your friends picked Batman I’d suggest taking them to a hospital because something is terrribly wrong with their brains.

Lol ^ all the trolls in this thread. Bayonetta kicks Batman into the sun in slow motion.

Erm... Yeah its true, in a straight up fight of course Bayonetta would win. She is after all super-powered to a level far above street level.

However, I am pretty sure that's what the OP did not intend.

If and ONLY IF, Batman is given prep-time, I am sure he can find a way.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#13 wildvine  Moderator

Dude, there are people on this site that would die screaming about how Batman would win in a thread longer then your arm, 50 scans and a Ouija board to ask Bob Kane himself. Batgod is a meme for a reason

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:
@socajunkie said:

Dude, there are people on this site that would die screaming about how Batman would win in a thread longer then your arm, 50 scans and a Ouija board to ask Bob Kane himself. Batgod is a meme for a reason

how lucky they are that they have not witnessed wenjun.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayonetta finger flicks him and he dies.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

Bayonetta finger flicks him and he dies.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germanx: What you mean is he calls either Zatanna, Constantine or Dr Fate and they find a way.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the battle forum.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germanx: What you mean is he calls either Zatanna, Constantine or Dr Fate and they find a way.

Yep. That's one way, but I am also sure that if he is forced to fight Bayonetta alone, he could still find a way. Perhaps he could borrow a magic spell to protect or trap Bayonetta, just like what he did against Circe in one of the comics IIRC.

@kyrees said:
@wildvine said:
@socajunkie said:

Off the topic of my head, I myself can come up with at least 3 ways Batman with prep can beat Bayonetta. Its thinking out of the box, dudes. And who is wenjun?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germanx said:

@kyrees said:
@wildvine said:
@socajunkie said:

Off the topic of my head, I myself can come up with at least 3 ways Batman with prep can beat Bayonetta. Its thinking out of the box, dudes. And who is wenjun?

if those three ways involve calling allies of magical nature then that's not his prep at all.

thinking out of the box for batman ? you are late by a few years. wenjun did that argument. a lot of old timers including me challenged that. wenjun eventually got banned for that. every argument you can think of for batman, wenjun has done it so you are not telling us anything new.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why bump a mismatch?

Bayonetta is not Superman and just kick Batman's butt with magical powers & fed him to her demon summon

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GermanX

@kyrees said:
@germanx said:
@kyrees said:
@wildvine said:
@socajunkie said:

if those three ways involve calling allies of magical nature then that's not his prep at all.

thinking out of the box for batman ? you are late by a few years. wenjun did that argument. a lot of old timers including me challenged that. wenjun eventually got banned for that. every argument you can think of for batman, wenjun has done it so you are not telling us anything new.

By conventional battles forum rules, calling on people to fight the battles for you is not considered prep, I'd agree.

However, it is still reasonable to be considered part of prep if someone ask allies for help to amp him/her in certain ways, while this someone goes to the fight alone.

Another way is to poison Bayonetta before the fight starts.

The third way is more standard Batman stuff: use a decoy to lure Bayonetta to attack, whereupon Batman will ambush the unsuspecting Bayonetta from the back using a magical weapon that can hurt/knock her out.

There you go.

So what's wrong with thinking out of the box? As long as the actions are still considered to be within the rules, it is fine.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kyrees

@germanx said:

By conventional battles forum rules, calling on people to fight the battles for you is not considered prep, I'd agree.

However, it is still reasonable to be considered part of prep if someone ask allies for help to amp him/her in certain ways, while this someone goes to the fight alone.

The third way is more standard Batman stuff: use a decoy to lure Bayonetta to attack, whereupon Batman will ambush the unsuspecting Bayonetta from the back using a magical weapon that can hurt/knock her out.

There you go.

So what's wrong with thinking out of the box? As long as the actions are still considered to be within the rules, it is fine.

that is technically asking for help, prep works in comicvine strictly means things he has done alone on his own hence the referencing of his feats on prep work. if we were to assume anything beyond that limitation, it becomes a long drawn out argumentation where neither side gives way. that has happened here before with wenjun. it's fun at first but it gets annoying in the long run.

pre battle shenanigans and decoys/hostage taking/ambush are dubious arguments given these are mostly out of character actions for any battle and anyone can do that on the fly if you choose to argue accordingly. what's preventing batman's foe from not doing the same thing ? it's also arguable to be beyond what battle threads embody considering they are fighting each other accordingly.

wenjun did the whole thinking out of the box bit so annoyingly that he argued that batman can take down celestials because batman with prep can find a way, not because batman has sufficient feats and reference on battling such high level beings. what you considered to be the rules of a thread is not in the main rules of the battle forum because the latter states feats are to be used and batman's batting average on higher beings in comics isn't really stellar compared to dr doom. the latter also state prep does not mean getting outside help. if we go by the rules of a thread of which the OP can decide to lean on one side accordingly anytime, it becomes chaotic given how everyone can assume to infinity without a shred of evidence to support many of those arguments. that's why a lot of us here defer to the battle forum rule even it's a thread outside the battle forum so long as it is a vs battle in comicvine.

the three things you said on what batman could possibly do ? wenjun covered it in a far more greater detail that you posted. honestly if you want to argue this kind of assumptive topic about batman, you are better off on other forums given we don't take it seriously anymore.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@germanx said:

There you go.

that is technically asking for help, prep works in comicvine strictly means things he has done alone on his own hence the referencing of his feats on prep work. if we were to assume anything beyond that limitation, it becomes a long drawn out argumentation where neither side gives way. that has happened here before with wenjun. it's fun at first but it gets annoying in the long run.

pre battle shenanigans and decoys/hostage taking/ambush are dubious arguments given these are mostly out of character actions for any battle and anyone can do that on the fly if you choose to argue accordingly. what's preventing batman's foe from not doing the same thing ? it's also arguable to be beyond what battle threads embody considering they are fighting each other accordingly.

wenjun did the whole thinking out of the box bit so annoyingly that he argued that batman can take down celestials because batman with prep can find a way, not because batman has sufficient feats and reference on battling such high level beings. what you considered to be the rules of a thread is not in the main rules of the battle forum because the latter states feats are to be used and batman's batting average on higher beings in comics isn't really stellar compared to dr doom. the latter also state prep does not mean getting outside help. if we go by the rules of a thread of which the OP can decide to lean on one side accordingly anytime, it becomes chaotic given how everyone can assume to infinity without a shred of evidence to support many of those arguments. that's why a lot of us here defer to the battle forum rule even it's a thread outside the battle forum so long as it is a vs battle in comicvine.

the three things you said on what batman could possibly do ? wenjun covered it in a far more greater detail that you posted. honestly if you want to argue this kind of assumptive topic about batman, you are better off on other forums given we don't take it seriously anymore.

This is not assumptive logic, it is simply just extending Batman's feats that existed in the comics, to a hypothetical situation, like every other battles forum debater had done.

This is not, for example, letting Batman obtain the Doctor Fate's Helmet or the Infinity Gauntlet at the start of the battle. This is simply letting Batman do what he commonly does in the comics. And what he commonly does in the comics? Outwit, weaken, sabotage the opponent's defenses early on. Why are you allowing characters to do what they commonly do in the comics but refusing to let Batman do what he commonly do in the comics?

Obvious double standards.

Whoever this Wenjun is, he seems like a reasonable, intelligent debater.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayonetta wins.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kyrees

@germanx said:

This is not assumptive logic, it is simply just extending Batman's feats that existed in the comics, to a hypothetical situation, like every other battles forum debater had done.

This is not, for example, letting Batman obtain the Doctor Fate's Helmet or the Infinity Gauntlet at the start of the battle. This is simply letting Batman do what he commonly does in the comics. And what he commonly does in the comics? Outwit, weaken, sabotage the opponent's defenses early on. Why are you allowing characters to do what they commonly do in the comics but refusing to let Batman do what he commonly do in the comics?

it is assumptive logic because the reach you are trying to pull here is far beyond what batman actually has done in comic. bayonetta is the kind of enemy that uses her time stop all the time in a battle.

what he commonly does in comics is prep work, deduction on the fly and outwit/strategize in battle. batman hasn't really done all of the pre fight shenanigans you just said aside from ambushing as far as i remember. what you are insinuating isn't even in his natural tactics in fighting villains.

what is "obvious double standards" to you are what older people in comicvine see as batgod, the undying meme of his prep work being able to defeat anyone. we are tired of that. it's funny to use from time to time but to believe it blindly is just plain annoying.

he's intelligent but he made a mockery of batman's prep work in comicvine because of his actions. reasonable to the point that he argues superboy prime can be defeated by batman by prep ? do remember superboy prime took on an entire justice league, the lantern corps and the teen titans just to be defeated accordingly. heck in that same thread, he argued batman with prep can take down both SBP and h'el, another significantly more powerful kryptonian without the base weakness of one. wenjun clearly believes batman with prep wins all the time regardless how strong the enemy is.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg,Lord chew was mentioned?In his holy sacred memory let's pledge one more time

"We prep all day,we prep all night

Give me a week I will win this fight

Whoever doubts batgod's might

Beware the power lord chew's light".

Amen.May the prep be with us.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is someone actually arguing that Batman can beat Bayonetta? Lol this thread.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GermanX

@kyrees said:
@germanx said:

it is assumptive logic because the reach you are trying to pull here is far beyond what batman actually has done in comic. bayonetta is the kind of enemy that uses her time stop all the time in a battle.

what he commonly does in comics is prep work, deduction on the fly and outwit/strategize in battle. batman hasn't really done all of the pre fight shenanigans you just said aside from ambushing as far as i remember. what you are insinuating isn't even in his natural tactics in fighting villains.

what is "obvious double standards" to you are what older people in comicvine see as batgod, the undying meme of his prep work being able to defeat anyone. we are tired of that. it's funny to use from time to time but to believe it blindly is just plain annoying.

he's intelligent but he made a mockery of batman's prep work in comicvine because of his actions. reasonable to the point that he argues superboy prime can be defeated by batman by prep ? do remember superboy prime took on an entire justice league, the lantern corps and the teen titans just to be defeated accordingly. heck in that same thread, he argued batman with prep can take down both SBP and h'el, another significantly more powerful kryptonian without the base weakness of one. wenjun clearly believes batman with prep wins all the time regardless how strong the enemy is.

All right, I don't have a lot of time to get into a pages-long debate, but I only want to do a one-time dispute of your argument that what I said is not what Batman has actually done in the comics.

Here is how it works:

Poisoning the opponent:

• Can Batman find a particular poison that can incapacitate a particular person? Yes, it is possible.
  • Is it humanly possible for a person to poison another person before a fight starts? Yes.
  • Can Batman do human-level feats? Yes.
  • Is it within Batman's morals to poison someone to incapacitate them? Yes.
  • Therefore, the argument still applies unlike what you said.

Ambushing the opponent:

• Can Batman find a way to ambush the opponent and caught him/her unaware? Yes, it is possible.
  • Is it humanly possible for a person to catch another opponent unaware? Yes, given certain circumstances.
  • Is it within Batman's morals to ambush that person to incapacitate them? Yes.

Of course, such circumstances depend on the opponent and scenario. But I am just saying things right now as a general sense, just because an opponent is high-tier that Batman has never faced before, doesn't mean he automatically loses - Because if its possible for a human to overcome that particular opponent, then Batman could do it too.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kyrees

@germanx said:

All right, I don't have a lot of time to get into a pages-long debate, but I only want to do a one-time dispute of your argument that what I said is not what Batman has actually done in the comics.

Here is how it works:

Poisoning the opponent:

• Can Batman find a particular poison that can incapacitate a particular person? Yes, it is possible.
  • Is it humanly possible for a person to poison another person before a fight starts? Yes.
  • Is it within Batman's morals to poison someone to incapacitate them? Yes.

Ambushing the opponent:

• Can Batman find a way to ambush the opponent and caught him/her unaware? Yes, it is possible.
  • Is it humanly possible for a person to catch another opponent unaware? Yes, given certain circumstances.
  • Is it within Batman's morals to ambush that person to incapacitate them? Yes.

Of course, such circumstances depend on the opponent and scenario. But I am just saying things right now as a general sense, just because an opponent is high-tier that Batman has never faced before, doesn't mean he automatically loses - Because if its possible for a human to overcome that particular opponent, then Batman could do it too.

all of that can be done by the any crime fighter on comic. in fact, i can just swap batman with midnighter in it (and midnighter is far better than batman in a lot of aspects) so what's the difference in batman doing all that ? he's better at it ? pre fight shenanigans like that are still dubious at the very best because of that so we go with what batman actually has done.

possibility arguments are merely long winded arguments only focusing on the small chances of winning and not accepting the bigger chances of defeat. we deal with what we are shown, not how the chances roll and like it or not, batman hasn't really experienced a time witch that uses demons as tools which makes his chances on winning even smaller. i haven't even elaborated how bayonetta isn't going to be fooled or ambushed by batman when she deals with this kind of assaults from the angels of paradiso everyday or the fact the bayonetta's toughness, strength and speed are not human at all.

i get that you like to root and argue for the underdog but that kind of argument in a battle forum that focuses on their shown feats is almost moot or non existent.

felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By felgrim

Lmao. Batgod wankage.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers