Batwoman = Bat Family?

briangsharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By briangsharon

I am very ignorant when it comes to Batwoman. I have heard great things about her volume however the little I have seen of her have been in crossovers.

Now I am at a loss as to why she helps bat girl but is not part of the bat family.

I would love it if someone could explain who / what she is as well as what she means to the bat family.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

From her character page summary: "After being dismissed from the military for being a lesbian, Kate Kane would live a directionless party-girl heiress life, until a chance encounter with Batman on a dark night, inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman."

I wouldn't necessarily count her as a full-on member of the Bat-Family, maybe like a distant relative if there were one. She's more so just there when the family really needs it. She has Batman's approval, and is a member of Batman Incorporated, though.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

As mentioned Batman allows her to use the name and finds her competent enough to go out and do her thing. Still she isn't really a Bat family member. More like a Bat cousin.