#1 Posted by jackbensley777 (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Dos batman know batwomans identity? if he did he'd know they are related, bruce's moms maiden name was kane. The kanes are a large industrial rich family that was always in the waynes shadow, Im not sure if the families got along really either? not sure. So if bruce is related to the kanes , wich he is, hed be related to bette kane the pre crisis batgirl from the 50's and current flamebird (im pretty sure thats her name). Also, kate kane, batwoman. Please comment to tell me if im right or if anyone knew this alreadyand im stupid. also tell me the relationship between batwoman and the batfamily. Did she just put the bat symbol on and not want anything to do with them?

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

The current Batwoman, Kate has not been shown to be related to Batman. Batman knows her identity, but she doesn't know his. There are theories on if they're related, but there's no proof. They could easily be distantly related though, what with the Waynes and Kanes being some of the first families of the Gotham.

She isn't a member of the Bat-Family, she just took on the symbol so that people would know she was a hero, as the bat is obviously a symbol of heroes in Gotham.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: How so? Is this a theory, or has it been said in something I haven't read?

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Scott Snyder said that Bruce's mum was a Kane making him Batwoman's cousin

#6 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Scott Snyder said that Bruce's mum was a Kane making him Batwoman's cousin

Bruce's mom was always a Kane. Batwoman was his cousin prior to the reboot, too.

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Do you mean like first cousins? I don't think there's enough to show that.

#8 Posted by jackbensley777 (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: no the bat is a symbol of batman and the people he allows to where it. its his thing not gothams, and bruces mom is a kane so it wouldnt be distant

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackbensley777: Yeah, and they're heroes. I think it's so she's not seen as a villain. Batman hasn't told her to not wear it, so he seems to be O.K. with it.

It could be distant, but we don't know at the moment. Having the same last name doesn't necessarily mean you need to be closely related.