#1 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing is joining the JLI - is this a sign that his book is to be among the second wave of cancelled books in the New 52? I have no idea what sales on that book are like. Do you think that will be the case or is him joining JLI just to give the character more exposure?

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not, I'm really enjoying the book :/

#3 Posted by DIOMJK (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubtful. His books been rather well received, so it's probably just going to be a bit of inter connectivity between books, best example I can give is how Batgirl keeps showing up in Birds of Prey, and her titles going strong. I'd say next on the ax would probably be Resurrection Man, Captain Atom (both sad losses), the three new Rob Liefeld titles (unavoidable at this point) and maybe the legion books.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

I hope not, I'm really enjoying the book :/

Staff
#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11270 posts) - - Show Bio

JLI can go and suck a melon.

#6 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing February =19,479

and i agree JLI sucks

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a miniseries?

#8 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

Batwing February =19,479

and i agree JLI sucks

How does that figure compare with some of the cancelled books like OMAC, Hawk + Dove etc for sales?

#9 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion: Anything below 20,000 is going to be cancelled.

#10 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion: If you want to know more about sales figures then goto

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

#11 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Mighty Thorion: Anything below 20,000 is going to be cancelled.

Sounds like its borderline then

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Mighty Thorion: If you want to know more about sales figures then goto

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Thanks I will - might get an idea if any of my favorites are in danger

#12 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion: Captain atom, Deathstroke, Voodoo, Grifter, Blue beetle and Batwing are next.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35043 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the F*CK aren't people getting Captain Atom and Deathstroke but still getting crap like Dark Knight? Idiotic fans.

Online
#14 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion: Batwing might be safe if they are only going to cancel 6 titles. I Vampire sold 16,338 copies in February.

#15 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Why the F*CK aren't people getting Captain Atom and Deathstroke but still getting crap like Dark Knight? Idiotic fans.

People seem to buy books that feature Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men regardless of whether those books are good bad or indifferent :(

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Why the F*CK aren't people getting Captain Atom and Deathstroke but still getting crap like Dark Knight? Idiotic fans.

People seem to buy books that feature Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men regardless of whether those books are good bad or indifferent :(

It's these idiot fans that are causing the decline in the comic book industry by forcing the publishers to put out hundreds of Bat, X and event books.

Online
#17 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Mighty Thorion said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Why the F*CK aren't people getting Captain Atom and Deathstroke but still getting crap like Dark Knight? Idiotic fans.

People seem to buy books that feature Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men regardless of whether those books are good bad or indifferent :(

It's these idiot fans that are causing the decline in the comic book industry by forcing the publishers to put out hundreds of Bat, X and event books.

Yeah both DC and Marvel are guilty of flooding the market with books featuring popular characters and as a result not only does quality suffer somewhere along the line, but because people only have a limited amount of cash for comics that cash goes on the popular characters while the lesser known, but sometimes better written and drawn books get cancelled.