inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

There’s a rebellion brewing on Battleworld. Stretching far and wide into every dominion across the strange, patchwork realm, underground revolutionaries prepare for the uprising. Today, Marvel is pleased to announce INHUMANS: ATTILAN RISING #1, a new Secret Wars series from New York Times Bestselling writer Charles Soule (Death of Wolverine, Inhuman) and artist John Timms (Nova, Harley Quinn)!

Medusa, ruler of Attilan and Queen of the Inhumans, has been tasked with rooting out the rebels, and crushing their resistance beneath her steely tendrils of hair. Yet a chance encounter with the head of the insurgency will change everything. A man named – BLACK BOLT! And things are about to get complicated.

“One of the ideas behind Inhumans: Attilan Rising from the start was to put Medusa, Black Bolt, Reader, Iso and other characters from Inhuman into a new context,” says Charles Soule, in an interview with Marvel.com. “That’s part of the fun of an event like Secret Wars. Things don’t have to be the way we’re used to seeing them.”

“My initial concept was ‘life during wartime’,” continued Soule. “The relationships we’re used to seeing will be different in this story. Huge drama, spies, glamour, action, betrayal, sabotage. My hope is that it won’t feel like anything else out there.”

The drums of war beat for the Inhuman nation. But when the dust clears, who will rise? Find out as BATTLEWORLD comes to the Inhumans in INHUMANS: ATTILAN RISING #1 this May!

INHUMANS: ATTILAN RISING #1

No Caption Provided

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by JOHN TIMMS

Cover by DAVE JOHNSON

Variant Cover by W. SCOTT FORBES

Coming in May!

Nargaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nargaroth

Maybe we will see X men vs Inhumans. Maybe the rumours are true and Marvel will just cancel the Mutants and the Inhumans would be the ,,new X men".

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa This look awesome. Can't wait for this.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I like the team behind this.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

So will there be Inhuman, Uncanny Inhumans and Inhumans: Attilan Rising? Or will Attilan Rising be like a "sub-event" with the two Inhuman books?

Also standing on Cyclops head isn't very subtle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Inferno (Dante) looks wierd and has a different fire body.

Randomtask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking since this is a relatively new series are all of these characters gonna forget Secret Wars when its over. It'll be tough for all these characters to just go back to the developing plotlines after a bunch of universes smashed together and got wiped out

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, I love the symbolism of that cover with Medusa's heel on Cyclops head. Inhumans taking the muties spot

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do I feel the Inhumans will leave Battleworld unscathed, while mutants will be littered everywhere?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

And Younger, on Issue 1 he looked alike Superboy and being older but know he look at same age as Flint.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: Since Marvel will bu pushing the Inhumans a lot now I feel like I should go over all there wikis and update them. I noticed half of them were listed as aliens and also the Inhuman Royal Family should really be called Attilan Royal Family.

Nargaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Maybe it is, cause the Beyonder allways obey to his king Black Bolt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Not all of them. Yes you have Royal Family and i think they are actually related that then you have the others Inhumans and Nuhumans who arent from Royal Family but because Inhumans werent that popular we dont see non Royal Inhumans. In same X-Men, some Mutants are teachers and some are students who are in X-Men Teams. And of course there is some race with Inhuman like Luna half Mutant and Inhuman (Daughter of Quicksilver and Crystal). Because Kree expriment with Inhumas to be weapons, it is possibel they are Aliens but with whole deal with Nuhumans they might be half aliens. Inhumans have lot of potencial but they deserve the hate for Marvel favor them over Mutants because the differents Cinema Universe.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@vitalius: Hm no it's different. There is multiply Inhuman cities with different royal families. Also they aren't aliens at all, the Kree genetically manipulated Neanderthals to create Inhumans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Yes i know the mutliple royal families but i was talking more about Earth/Moon Royal Family.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By illmatic4177

@vitalius: Of course there are still way more X-books then Inhumans books, so I think it's fair to say Marvel has not totally abandoned mutants lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Really want Black Bolt to play a bigger role in this book.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jacthripper

@humanrocket: Seriously, he hasn't done anything since he fought Thanos. Give BB some spotlight or something

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jacthripper: Yah. Aside his two appearance in Inhuman (issue 7 and 8 if I recall), and his usual appearances in New Avengers, he hasn't really done that much. All though, he did have some great moments in the last issue of New Avengers and in those 2 appearances in Inhuman.

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nargaroth: I really hope it isn't true. I know x-men isn't what it used to be, but I agree they may do that

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some part of me feels like they will get rid of the x-men, another part of me feels like they won't but just advertise the Inhumans more than the x-men. Either way I feel like I'm going to get screwed because I'm a Huge X-men Fan.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Hot queen wearing skin-tight purple with big boobs & long powered hair, Medusa can put ANY part of her body on any part of anyone's body she wants. & you will like it.

That’s part of the fun of an event like Secret Wars. Things don’t have to be the way we’re used to seeing them.”

Actually NO. This is what is wrong with comics. Why is Medusa queen, & not Black Bolt the King? You can change characters; historys, but they still have to be the SAME person. Did Medusa or her parents over throw the real king? & if their origns are altered in the past, would they really still have the same powers? Had they been exposed to the T-Mists an hour earlier or later, would they still have gotten the same powers?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

So will there be Inhuman, Uncanny Inhumans and Inhumans: Attilan Rising? Or will Attilan Rising be like a "sub-event" with the two Inhuman books?

Also standing on Cyclops head isn't very subtle.

yup

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

So Boba Fett is a mutant???

While I like the Inhumans I really hope Marvel doesn't release more and more Inhuman books. Part of the reason I started looking into Inhumans was because they only had one book making them easier to follow. If Marvel learns anything from the mutants they need to realize they can't be releasing multiple books. Especially if they want new readers to give the Inhumans a chance.

Also I'll be very interested in just how Marvel is going to be handling the mutants. Especially since the X-Men as a team is a huge cash cow as are Wolverine and Deadpool.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Seriously, he hasn't done anything since he fought Thanos. Give BB some spotlight or something

He did have a pretty cool throw down with Maximus a couple of issues ago. Really want to see the Black Bolt and Kang mix up in upcoming Inhumans bookI

I don't think were going to have 3 ongoing Inhuman books. While it is selling well there is no way right now the market can sustain that many, at least right now IMO.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By scavengerFist

@crazyscarecrow said:

So Boba Fett is a mutant???

I was wondering on that too, I thought it was either Fantomex or Dr. Nemesis playing tricks with their looks or what. Could be a mutant Stormtrooper. Now that would be interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So. Not a reboot. Mmhmm.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@scavengerfist: Thank God! I thought I was the only one who noticed.

That was actually the first thing I noticed...like what in the world is that Stormtrooper doing there?