Batman with excessively long prep actually broke VS rules?

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman with excessively long prep actually broke VS rules? (20 votes)

Agree, Batman should not be given excessive prep time 50%
Disagree, its never against the battle rules 50%

While I agree that Doctor Doom is more overrated than Batman and that with sufficient prep, Batman would BEAT Doctor Doom in a battle of wits, it has come to my realization that quite some people still don't actually understand why is Batman considered overrated and just claim he is so without thinking.

Read the rules made by CV

"Things like upgrading certain characters to a certain physical levels, or removing powers for two opponents to gauge hand-to-hand skills is fine as long as the fight is fair in the process. However, giving people like Hulk the Power Cosmic or people like Nightwing a Green Lantern ring is unacceptable because neither character has displayed the skill and/or competence to use such weapons/items. That said, it would be difficult (and in most cases, nearly impossible) for people to debate. Threads of this nature will be locked if it becomes an issue."

Batman with ridiculous prep-time = Giving illegal buffs

The excessive prep-time users tend to give Batman is actually one of the factors that made him seemed so "overrated". Think about it Batman fanboys, when in the comics does Batman display feats that rely on excessive prep-time in the range of multiple years?

Yet I see extremely ridiculous threads like Batman vs Superman where Batman gets 20 years of prep, Batman vs Galactus where Batman gets 10 years of prep, etc etc. And people still debate about it, which is why some users tend to think Batman is overrated.

Do you agree that giving excessive prep-time to Batman is the equivalent of giving Batman buffs which hasn't been demonstrated in any media?

Discuss.

• 
thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

edit placeholder

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prep=Can't win in a fair fight.

Beata

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Doom stomps Batman with prep.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thebiggestg

@spidey_jackson said:

Prep=Can't win in a fair fight.

Beata

oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Batman with prep vs an opponent without prep.

Does that make it a good battle? Apparently some users think it does.

@bluejay4: Not really, Doctor Doom vs Batman is actually considered a good fight because both of them have somewhat similar attributes, the only reason people called Doctor Doom vs Batman a stomp is because they are just about as insecure as Doctor Doom is.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongly disagree.

They've had prep in comics, thus it doesn't go against that rule. People like Batman are All about prep time. Doom as well.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: ... Doesn't Doctor doom have magic and way better prep feats? lol.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

Strongly disagree.

They've had prep in comics, thus it doesn't go against that rule. People like Batman are All about prep time. Doom as well.

The key word is excessively long. In the comic book stories, where are feats that demonstrated Batman showing off some skills/tech/power that came from YEARS of prep? Almost all his prep feats - The successful ones are either impromptu or improvisation, or came with at best weeks and months.

@jeepeh said:

@thebiggestg: ... Doesn't Doctor doom have magic and way better prep feats? lol.

Doctor Doom is more powerful but Batman can exploit his other personality flaws. Doctor Doom loses all the time too, while Batman always wins.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: How good is his win:loss ratio... Name 5 times Batman's prep didn't pull through... I'll wait.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

Batman has magic to a lesser extent, and arguable.

Jmarshmallow

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeepeh

@thebiggestg:

1. He put together the Justice League defeats within weeks?

2. That's because Doctor Doom is an Antagonist. :P And his main rival is Reed Richards...

@keithcolby1995 said:

@jeepeh: How good is his win:loss ratio... Name 5 times Batman's prep didn't pull through... I'll wait.

No Caption Provided

Batman says that his Kryptonite is almost all but useless, if Superman wanted to, he'd kill Batman.

I'm not exactly a professional on all of Batman's encounters, I'm more in the Anime side of things. But that one jumped into my head as soon as I saw your comment.

You may be able to count the time when he encountered the Specter? Maybe not, it didn't really have to do with Prep time. Want to call out some Batman professionals?

But if we're talking Dr. Doom vs Batman Prep Time, I've never seen Batman steal the powers of the Beyonder. lol.

In Red Son his prep against Superman and Wonder Woman failed when Wonder Woman broke her rope.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

Jmarshmallow

,,,,, Wut.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh:

1. Im not sure what you are saying...

2. Still, that doesn't matter. He loses a lot more.

3. Did you read Hush? That was not him planning to take on Superman. Ivy some how took control of him and it was on the fly. Also, if Superman wanted to, he could. but it is not in his character to do that.

4. Does Doom still have that power? Did he end up winning?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@jeepeh said:

Jmarshmallow

,,,,, Wut.

*sigh*

Doesn't Doctor Doom have magic

"Batman has magic to a lesser extent"

and way better prep feats?

"and arguable."

Jmarshmallow

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Note that for Red Son alternate continuity, Batman would have nearly won if it had not been for Wonder Woman breaking her rope.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The fact that Batman has a method to beat every member of the Justice League and owns Kryptonite, means that he took a decent amount of time to prepare for the fight; he didn't do it in a weekend.

So, no, it's not against the rules. It's not an unfair buff, because Batman does make contingency plans.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Its an issue of giving a handicap to Batman, making him look worse.

Secondly, we are talking excessive prep time, we all know it takes something longer than a week to plan and implement some countermeasures.

Batman probably took months to implement some counter-measures against the Justice League - I am assuming Tower of Babel version.

Some people take that as a power scaling and multiplied the amount of prep time thinking that if Batman can defeat the Justice League in 1 year, maybe he can defeat Odin with 10 years of prep, for example. Or Living Tribunal with 100 years of prep.

That's the problem being pointed at, not about Batman with prep at all.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keithcolby1995:

1. I'm saying what Batman said, he said that, even with the Kryptonite ring and prep that he was using, if Supes wanted to, he'd splatter him against the concrete.

2. That's because Doom is an antagonist and his rival is of the smartest men on the planet.

3. I've seen the scene, he uses the kryptonite ring, Superman wrips through eventually and is about to kill Batman when Catwoman drops Lois to make Superman snap out of it. But that doesn't change the fact that Superman still was in the winning seat.

4. Of course not. Again, antagonist. If Doom won nothing would exist anymore. The comic would end and we'd have Old Man Logan on steroids.

@jeepeh said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@jeepeh said:

Jmarshmallow

,,,,, Wut.

*sigh*

Doesn't Doctor Doom have magic

"Batman has magic to a lesser extent"

and way better prep feats?

"and arguable."

Jmarshmallow

I know what you said, but the "Batman has magic" thing? Either a joke, or I seriously need to catch up.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Note that for Red Son alternate continuity, Batman would have nearly won if it had not been for Wonder Woman breaking her rope.

... But she did. :P

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Batman has fortified his Batcave with magical protection, gotten advice on the mystic arts from Zatanna, Constantine and others, etc.

Doom is obviously his superior when it comes to magic, but Batman does have experience with it is all I'm saying.

Jmarshmallow

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeepeh

@jmarshmallow said:

@jeepeh: Batman has fortified his Batcave with magical protection, gotten advice on the mystic arts from Zatanna, Constantine and others, etc.

Doom is obviously his superior when it comes to magic, but Batman does have experience with it is all I'm saying.

Jmarshmallow

Well yes, but I've never seen Batman whip up a spell and banish someone to another dimension or something. :P Did he put the spell on himself or did he have someone do it for him?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have to prep you shouldn't be in a battle IMO.

What pisses me off is when Batman has prep and an opponent doesn't. If one opponent has prep and the other doesn't it's not a fair battle. In fact it contradicts the essence of a fair battle.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So? The Batman who wasn't even Bruce Wayne is hardly an effective arguement.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@jeepeh said:

Well yes, but I've never seen Batman whip up a spell and banish someone to another dimension or something. :P

LOL, no, Batman has never done something quite like that.

But he's worked with Zatanna on multiple occasions and she's given him advice. Plus has detailed information on every villain he's encountered, including magic users, and has backup plans for all of them.

Soo while he doesn't really use magic offensively, it's fair to say he's well-versed in it.

Did he put the spell on himself or did he have someone do it for him?

He did it, as far as we know.

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@thebiggestg said:

... But she did. :P

@thebiggestg said:

So? The Batman who wasn't even Bruce Wayne is hardly an effective arguement.

Firstly, it proves that Batman is capable.

Secondly, it doesn't matter whether its Bruce Wayne or another person. The point of that scene in the comic was to demonstrate the Batman spirit - He will always find a way no matter what, and I dare say Galactus too.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh:

1. If he wanted to... Superman would rather die before killing Bruce.

2. He still loses. Your prep isn't that good if you still lose with it.

3. Actually Batman was winning. Superman didn't even hit him, while Batman was knocking him on his ass, and leading him to where he wanted him.

4. Again.. what good is your prep if you lose... Deathstroke wins, and he is a bad guy.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thebiggestg

So Batman knows magic eh?

Why are the haters claiming that Batman can't beat magic users then?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestg: ... I wouldn't call failing "Capable", but okay...

@jmarshmallow: Isn't it more likely that he had Zatanna put it up for him?

@jeepeh:

1. If he wanted to... Superman would rather die before killing Bruce.

Hence the "IF HE WANTED TO" part.

2. He still loses. Your prep isn't that good if you still lose with it.

Show me Batman's prep win against another Prep master.

3. Actually Batman was winning. Superman didn't even hit him, while Batman was knocking him on his ass, and leading him to where he wanted him.

But again, Batman HIMSELF said that Superman would effortlessly win if he wanted.

4. Again.. what good is your prep if you lose... Deathstroke wins, and he is a bad guy.

But he never wins in the end, does he?And Deathsroke winning doesn't usually mean a country is enslaved or a protagonist dies. If doom were to win, that's exactly what it would mean.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@jeepeh: No, because as I mentioned Batman is well-versed with Magic, he just doesn't like using it.

Jmarshmallow

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: No, because as I mentioned Batman is well-versed with Magic, he just doesn't like using it.

Jmarshmallow

I don't think "giving advice on" automatically means he can use it?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: You don't think Batman, the World's Greatest Detective, one of the smartest characters in fiction, has done ANY research with a subject that several of his enemies and even some of his comrades utilize?

Jmarshmallow

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jeepeh

@jmarshmallow said:

@jeepeh: You don't think Batman, the World's Greatest Detective, one of the smartest characters in fiction, has done ANY research with a subject that several of his enemies and even some of his comrades utilize?

Jmarshmallow

I believe he's done research on it, but I don't believe he can actually use it. We're talking about the guy who had a suit that gives him powers of the justice league, and he stopped using it. He could build an Iron Man suit on steroids, and in some stories he has, but he never uses them because he doesn't want to rely on them, how much more would it be for using magic?

actually I do recall in the new 52, didn't he use some kind of incantation to remove Deadman from Superman? I just remembered that, but that's new 52,

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: That's what I've been trying to say this whole time!

He CAN use it, he just doesn't.

Because...he's Batman.

Jmarshmallow

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jeepeh