• 52 results
woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it looks like marvel is not moveing dates and cap may win the movie war

i thought superman and batman would be good then i think not every one liked man of steel so then i throught would thay do see cap 3

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

They are not going to release on the same date, WB has more to lose so they're going to eventually move the release of Batman V.S. Superman either ahead or behind the Cap 3 date.

It makes sense for them to do so, anything under $1 billion worldwide would be a disappointment for them, no reason to jeopardize not reaching that goal, keep in mind Marvel DID have that date first.

Now from a quality-perspective, that's a different matter.....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

Show em' Cap!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's in it.Your argument is invalid.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman easily. No matter how much idiots complain about Ben Affleck, they're still gonna go see it. The goddamn Batman and the Boy Scout.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

They are not going to release on the same date, WB has more to lose so they're going to eventually move the release of Batman V.S. Superman either ahead or behind the Cap 3 date.

It makes sense for them to do so, anything under $1 billion worldwide would be a disappointment for them, no reason to jeopardize not reaching that goal, keep in mind Marvel DID have that date first.

This is a reasonable valid answer. >:D

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RustyRoy
Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not think this is a game of chicken that Warner Bros will want. They have the potential to set box office records and if they put it in direct competition with Cap 3 I doubt it will happen even though BvS will perform better at the box office than Cap 3.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think cap will keep the spot. but i hope neither budges. Ill see them both the same day!

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most comic fans will see both on the same day (I know I will if neither budge off the date). It is the casual fan that will only see one or the other. (Just make sure to watch BvS first in case it sucks because you know Cap 3 is gonna be good).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't really care which one makes more money. Cap 3 will be better anyway.

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is already on his way to make as much as MoS (and even more), but then again, Batman makes as much as both films on his own :P

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I agree depending on who's behind B vs S it'll have good action but probably just be a average film not saying I won't watch it but I will

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll watch both. If I could only see one, it would be BvS. The most popular hero and the most iconic. It's gonna be a hit. As for Captain America on its way to beating MOS at the box office, it's because of Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman vs. Superman will "win". I think Batfleck is going to be good and I will watch the movie just so I can see Batman and Superman team up on the big screen. Not sure if I will go see another Marvel made movie that isn't the Avengers in theaters though. I may go see GOTG.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Batman vs. Superman will "win". I think Batfleck is going to be good and I will watch the movie just so I can see Batman and Superman team up on the big screen. Not sure if I will go see another Marvel made movie that isn't the Avengers in theaters though. I may go see GOTG.

Get ready for Batfleck to snap a neck. That's how they're going to modernize him :D

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The only thing Cap is gonna win is a potential box office flop,however BVS IMO is highly unlikely to perform to it's full potential unless it moves to a new release date and/or gets TDK level of response,Cap 3 is bound to hurt it and unless X-Men DOFP tanks badly it is possible that Apocalypse might end up pushing it aside.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Crossbones show up costumed and all in Cap 3?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

I think ILS meant that with the history of movies coming from the people making BvS(Man of Steel), Cap 3 is more or less guaranteed to be better.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if Captain America 3 did better than BvS. Thor 2 almost outsold MoS.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis said:

@i_like_swords said:

I think ILS meant that with the history of movies coming from the people making BvS(Man of Steel), Cap 3 is more or less guaranteed to be better.

I understand,and personally my own expectations for the movie's quality aren't exactly high,but to come out and say it will be better? that's dumb,remember what everyone said about X:Men First Class? that turned out to be pretty damn good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@i_like_swords said:

I understand,and personally my own expectations for the movie's quality aren't exactly high,but to come out and say it will be better? that's dumb,remember what everyone said about X:Men First Class? that turned out to be pretty damn good.

Heh, good example there. It is kind of hard to not jump to conclusions when the product makers have given you a history that should make you doubt stuff, but I guess you're right in that we can't completely judge when we've literally seen nothing yet.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the trailers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't care how popular Captain America is, he's not more popular than Batman. Cap won't win.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Think of the market. When MOS came out, it had one week to make as much money as possible before Monsters U (A classic from people's childhoods that was favorably reviewed) came out, and then WWZ stole half its audience thanks to favorable reviews (Movie wasn't even that good, but the reviewers just didn't want to give MOS a break and called it the smartest action movie out there).

Thor 2 had two weeks to make money before Hunger Games killed it, and Cap is actually facing a challenge in Rio2. Marvel would be foolish not to change that date. Unless Tony Stark is going to co-star in it like Batman.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the Dark Knight Trilogy and I'm shocked to say that the Cap Trilogy may top it. MOS, eh, it kind of reminded me of Transformers just with Kryptonians instead of robots. If I were Marvel, I'd put Cap 3 in April just like they did with Cap 2. It will rake in the cash. It won't be like audiences will be saying, nope, not going. Need to save up for MOS 2. That way both movies will stand alone and I can't think that Disney is afraid that MOS 2 will be better than Cap 3. Now, if Marvel wants to go for the kill strike, yes they need to go head to head in May. If Cap 3 is like Cap 2 and MOS 2 is like MOS, Disney wins.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of them will have to move its inevitable if they both stay both will be losing potential revenue

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand, yeah, Cap's got the hype train on his side, while Batman/Superman seems to be actively doing everything to insure it's hypetrain ends up like the one at the end of Batman Begins. On the other, you've got to remember WHICH movie in it's series each is going into: Cap's on his third (if you don't count Avengers), while Man of Steel is going into his second.

Now with that in mind, think about the history of comic book films, specifically some of the trilogies: Spider-Man and Nolan's Trilogy, arguably the best and brightest (or darkest). Both series: Good first film. AMAZING second film. Lackluster third.

Cap's going into the third. Whether he'll escape the trap or not is anyone's guess. Whereas Man of Steel might (miraculously) just be hitting it's stride in it's second movie.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My knee jerk reaction was that Batman vs Superman would out perform Cap3. However with how well the The Winter Soldier was made and how much money it's pulling in + the fact that Cap3 will be coming off the momentum of the next Avengers film = Cap3 being a serious contender to Batman vs Superman in 2016.

I really hope no one chickens out or blinks and moves their release date, cause I REALLY want to see this showdown. Us fans are the ones who truly win here

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

Was, Winter Soldier really THAT good?

I need an opinion here since I haven't seen it, how does it fare with let's say The Avengers?

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By woundermangirl

i do too hope that thay dont move i want to see both moives on the same day

the problem is with the plot nolin is no longer part of this moive

and i beber could be robin

this movie could be a dump

Loading Video...

but dark knight rises was a bad movie and it could go over to the man of steel 2

http://www.themobhasspoken.com/dark-knight-rises-complete-disappointment/

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much this.

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By woundermangirl

I loved the Dark Knight Trilogy and I'm shocked to say that the Cap Trilogy may top it. MOS, eh, it kind of reminded me of Transformers just with Kryptonians instead of robots. If I were Marvel, I'd put Cap 3 in April just like they did with Cap 2. It will rake in the cash. It won't be like audiences will be saying, nope, not going. Need to save up for MOS 2. That way both movies will stand alone and I can't think that Disney is afraid that MOS 2 will be better than Cap 3. Now, if Marvel wants to go for the kill strike, yes they need to go head to head in May. If Cap 3 is like Cap 2 and MOS 2 is like MOS, Disney wins.

No Caption Provided

Show em' Cap!

I don't care how popular Captain America is, he's not more popular than Batman. Cap won't win.

the dark knight was a good movie but rises sucked and that is why man of steel might lose

cresentking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i heard that disney is unsure to realese cap 3 against superman vs batman

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs. Superman will win this, hands down. People have been talking about wanting to see a Batman/Superman movie for 50+ years. Despite Marvel's tremendous success with their films, the characters have still not achieved the iconic status of Batman and Superman. Captain America 3 will do well and it will probably be pretty good, but taking an L to a movie featuring 2 legendary superheros being brought together in a film for the first time isn't really a bad loss.

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i heard that disney is unsure to realese cap 3 against superman vs batman

i do too if thay cant get a story to gether i dont think it will happen

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nobody wins, they are only hurting each other if they release on the same day.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS easily. ign had a vote asking wich would you rather see BvS got like 70% of the votes

and plus rumor is caps moving

cresentking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cresentking

@woundermangirl: yeah but fiege doesn't want to move but Disney chairman Alan horn says they're struggling to release on the same date

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay a lot of people are saying that CAP 3 will win because its dominating the box office atm. Well its a great movie yes, but you have frigging Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman in a movie together. that is instantly to anyone more interesting. Also, who did CAP 2 go up against box office wise? Transendence, the mediocre Rio 2?

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BvS will out sell Cap 3........but Cap 3 is likely to be the better film. What I will say is this, putting BvS in direct competition with Cap 3 is a bad idea because BvS (based solely on name alone) should set box office records....but going against Cap 3 is going to take away a couple pieces of that pie. If they were smart they would release it 2 weeks after Cap 3 and take away its steam.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I wouldn't be surprised if Captain America 3 did better than BvS. Thor 2 almost outsold MoS.

Key word being almost. It couldnt even do it with Avengers momentum.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Cap will move.

Let's say they don't, Cap 3 will lose more in my opinion, Batman vs Superman is cemented for the billion mark and probably much more, everybody and their mother, grandmother and deceased great uncle will want a piece of that pie.

It's Batman vs Superman for Christ's sake!

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato said:

Was, Winter Soldier really THAT good?

I need an opinion here since I haven't seen it, how does it fare with let's say The Avengers?

Like any film, opinions vary. By and large though, Winter Soldier is well-liked. How much varies from person to person, but I've heard very, very few folks say they didn't like it. I didn't think it was great, but I thought it was very good. Scale of 1-10 I gave it an 8.5. By comparison, that about what I give to the first Cap film, which I think was vastly under appreciated. (I think I liked WS a tad more.) I like MOS more than most. (t's actually my 2nd fav Super-hero flick behind TDK., so my opinions don't reflect the movie-going audience at large. I think most people will like The Avengers more than they do WS by a slim margin. I, however, thought The Avengers was good, but very overrated, so I liked both Cap movies more than The Avengers.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything

I actually thought Man of Steel was pretty good.

Guess I should watch Winter Soldier after all.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

Batman vs. Superman will win this, hands down. People have been talking about wanting to see a Batman/Superman movie for 50+ years. Despite Marvel's tremendous success with their films, the characters have still not achieved the iconic status of Batman and Superman. Captain America 3 will do well and it will probably be pretty good, but taking an L to a movie featuring 2 legendary superheros being brought together in a film for the first time isn't really a bad loss.

this

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato said:

@manwhohaseverything

@potato said:

@manwhohaseverything

I recommend you see it as well. Think SuperHero movie meets Spy Thriller. That being said, we might not have the same movie tastes. I absolutely loved the Dark Knight Trilogy, so we have that in common, but MOS to me was just Transformers with Kryptonians instead of robots. Be forewarned, lol. If you do see it, I hope you like it. Let us know!!

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By woundermangirl
Loading Video...

@thorverine said:

@potato said:

@manwhohaseverything

@potato said:

@manwhohaseverything

I recommend you see it as well. Think SuperHero movie meets Spy Thriller. That being said, we might not have the same movie tastes. I absolutely loved the Dark Knight Trilogy, so we have that in common, but MOS to me was just Transformers with Kryptonians instead of robots. Be forewarned, lol. If you do see it, I hope you like it. Let us know!!

is not a batman superman movie

No Caption Provided

i am also trying to get more support for my christiopher reeve thread

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11115/111158442/3783352-6136973554-37830.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously? The two biggest heroes ever vs cap? Caps popularity has really increased a lot lately but this is batman and superman here. And cap 2 hasn't really outdone a lot of the other recent superhero movies