• 102 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Onyx (189 posts) - - Show Bio

This isnt so much bout would win, but more along the lines to agree with what I said... 
 
So at work some non comic book fans, casual admirers of both character get into a spirited debate over who wins 
"Batman is a wuss, he has a cool car and a butler, tony is rich and gets lots of girls" blah blah blah 
 
So they come to me as a tie breaker..I take a deep breath and respond 
" In most cases, in their first encounter Iron Man would prove to be the victor. Yes Batman would kick Tony Starks ass, but we are talking about the Iron Man suit...and given enough juice, Tony can do just about anything. 
So good chance Batman would be beaten by some long range artillery and call it a day. " 
 
That was met with "Ha I told you so, Iron man would fry his batt butt" 
 
I took another sigh and then said 
"HOWEVER...if in fact there was a rematch Batman would own his butt!" 
To which I get a shocked and somewhat offended response of WHY?? 
 
I then say 
"Gadgets. Batman is only as good as the items he carries. The fact is he might not be equipped to combat Iron Man one on one after a first time meeting. But what makes Batman so dangerous, he'll devolp a item SPECIFICALLY to beat you AND has no problem "stealing" your tech to do so." 
 
 
At that point they walked away, and someone says "Spider-man would kick both their butts" 
 
 I sighed again...and shook my head 
 
So what do you think? Did I school the youngin's correctly and provide sound knowledge?
 

#2 Posted by ENGLENTINE (450 posts) - - Show Bio

 That is the general consensus about Batman. Give him time and the right tools he would kick anyons ass. Darksied is an example.

#3 Edited by zachyhavik (168 posts) - - Show Bio

You schooled him. 
As far   Iron man vs Spiderman 
In the civil war Iron Man programs his suit to fuck with spiderman's spidey-sense, it gives of false impressions and can make Spiderman see a false Iron Man. 
Now Batman vs Spiderman 
I am not really sure.
#4 Posted by kingbatman (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@zachyhavik said:
" You schooled him. As far   Iron man vs Spiderman In the civil war Iron Man programs his suit to fuck with spiderman's spidey-sense, it gives of false impressions and can make Spiderman see a false Iron Man. Now Batman vs Spiderman I am not really sure. "
what does this have to do with spiderman
#5 Posted by doc11 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingbatman said: 
(what does this have to do with spiderman)  
Well if you read all of onyx's comment you would know
#6 Posted by kingbatman (31 posts) - - Show Bio

well thats true but it kind of bores me I like batman

#7 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Stark may just have the upper hand, but only just mind.

#8 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Iron Man spray don't fail me now :)

#9 Posted by MOONKNIGHT-LANTERN (389 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man

#10 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can kick everyone's ass!
#11 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, probably inside of 5 minutes if he got the jump on Iron Man. Under a minute if Tony Stark isn't in his suit...

#12 Edited by Wolverrkind (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Who said there needs to be or would be a second round? Talk about assumptions. 
 
Iron Man wins. 
 
amazingly enough, Tony Stark is more believable as a human being than Batman. and he wins.

#13 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man 
even batman couldnt build a mech suit to fight one of iron mans many options
#14 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman ALWAYS wins the rematch. Hell, most of the time he gets captured, but he wins in the end because he figures out how to win. I can see either one winning the first round, to be honest. In a "fair" fight, either one can claim victory. Depends on the scenario, the writer, and who is caring what on them.

#15 Posted by dark_knight_33 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly depends because in a straight on battle iron man would win but if batman had time to get to know iron man he would definitely win hands down

#16 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

batman rocks

#17 Edited by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wolverrkind said:

"Who said there needs to be or would be a second round? Talk about assumptions.  Iron Man wins.  amazingly enough, Tony Stark is more believable as a human being than Batman. and he wins. "


Well, Onyx did say "IF in fact there is a rematch..." so the "if" gives him reason to make that assumption. 
 
And I think Onyx makes sense. Batman is one of the smartest, if not the smartest, hero in comics. I know a lot of people would disagree. But, I have a reason to make that statement. 
 
You have your Reed Richards, Bruce Banner, Henry Pym, and Tony Stark who can all probably outshine Bruce Wayne in science and technology. But, what makes Bruce more dangerous is that he is a strategist, as well. While others rely on their knowledge of science and technology, Bruce can do that AND put together a plan, predict your every reaction, read your mind without literally reading your mind, AND he is much more skilled in hand-to-hand combat. The best part is that he doesn't need a ray gun or a repulsor blast to win. He can do it with his trusted gadgets like batarangs, hooks, and smoke pellets.  
 
Tony Stark, as great as he is, relies on his suit too much. Whenever his suit fails him, he's rather useless. Whereas Batman doesn't rely on anything but his smarts. He might have a batsuit that's bulletproof, but he doesn't have an iron suit with force fields, he doesn't have a helmet to shrink to ant-size, he can't transform into a giant green behemoth. He goes in there with his own body and that makes him think like a chessmaster. 
 
So, if Iron Man and Batman go to fight with both men ready, I do believe Batman will emerge the victor.
#18 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio

mano eh mano batman 
 
technology--batman with prep 
 
run down acting stupid like batman usually does---tony stark
#19 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

My respect for batman comes from one uncontested truth in the DCU and that is simply this...................SUPERMAN is king he never loses he will always win and No one can beat him............However there is one man who could beat him and one man that superman would really fear and that is BATMAN. 
 
think about that for one min let it sink in..........................the ultimate superhero the man that is the reason WHY they are called "super"heroes could and would loose to one man only BATMAN.........what does that say of batman? if you dont know than you should really think about that.  
 
now when you look at that concept this battle of Iron man and batman is rather void dont you think?  
A man in tin suit granted a very smart std filled man......vs the man that with sheer wit that can take down GODS. 
 
also let me take a CHEAPSHOT for a min and say this......if my Boy Captain America (both of them) can find a way to beat stark down than how does bruce even NEED a rematch????? 
 
I love stark I love ironman I dont like alot of his fans yall are bunk! now I am a stark fan but that doesnt change my mind here when it comes to batman.
#20 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

batman via outsmarting iron man

#21 Posted by RiddleMeThis (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1:
In the dark knight returns he builds a suit capable of pretty much kicking superman around, even without kryptonite... only he has a heart attack :/
#22 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. 
He will have some kind of anti-stark inventions thing and basically f*ck up starks suit. then owning him. that utility belt has everything.

#23 Posted by The Dave (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-Ironman-repellent?
 
TBH I give this to Batman in both cases.. unless you throw them into an arena and say FIGHT when they first met (which may be what you mean, in which case I totally agree)
Everyone knows Tony Stark is Ironman.. and the sneaky ninja that Batman is he could easily catch him not wearing the suit.. while banging some model, in which case Stark would need to surrender immediately.
I'd say there is also the fact there's a good chance Batman would watch him for some time before even showing himself.

#24 Posted by Steph666 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I do agree with you onyx in the facts that Ironman will first of easily defeat batman, and in a case of a 2nd round batman would be able to make a comeback, but if we are to assume that, I believe that in a 3rd fight Ironman would be the one to win again as you should not forget what sort of genius Stark is, he is a genius of weapons against someone like Batman who is very dependent on his weapons he would most likely find a way to counter his counter. As both these characters are equally matched in intelligent, maybe not in the same categorise, it would be a back fourth sort of situation as both are masters of technology and weapons the only real difference is that Ironman has the more powerful suit and weapons but Batman has the more cunning strategies, so overall it would be a tie sort of situation but excluding the rematches Ironman wins the first and most important fight by miles.  

#25 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man would always win 

#26 Posted by sasarai (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree with you.

#27 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiddleMeThis said:
" @hdorman1: In the dark knight returns he builds a suit capable of pretty much kicking superman around, even without kryptonite... only he has a heart attack :/ "
In Hush Batman does it with only a Kryptonite ring, which only slows Superman down.
#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9584 posts) - - Show Bio

He will create a Iron Man suit, then Iron Man sill have no chance to win.
Batman is smarter in this thing that Iron Man, Iron Man could cdreate thing,  but Batman know how to play with the mind of people, he will create a plan and will find a weak point in Iron Man, and will do what he know best, destroy the other guy.

#29 Posted by Acewild (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man would win hands down.. The only way Batman has a chance is if he gets him out the suit. I dont know why all you bat fans think batman is god or something..

#30 Posted by George Silver (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can just pull a Cap America and make his suit crap out on him, then take him out while the suit is useless. Batman always carries at least some form of EMP device, so it's not unreasonable. 
 
And didn't he build a bat-suit similar to the iron-man suit once? And I remember his battle suit in Kingdom Come being able to let him take on Wonder Woman in their brief battle.

#31 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

batman would make a better villian too dangerous and too paranoid  and too good of a fighter to be a superhero.

#32 Posted by SpikeSpiegel (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is far more intelligent and a better strategist. He would escape, then come back and destroy Iron Man.

#33 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Steph666 said:
" Well I do agree with you onyx in the facts that Ironman will first of easily defeat batman, and in a case of a 2nd round batman would be able to make a comeback, but if we are to assume that, I believe that in a 3rd fight Ironman would be the one to win again as you should not forget what sort of genius Stark is, he is a genius of weapons against someone like Batman who is very dependent on his weapons he would most likely find a way to counter his counter. As both these characters are equally matched in intelligent, maybe not in the same categorise, it would be a back fourth sort of situation as both are masters of technology and weapons the only real difference is that Ironman has the more powerful suit and weapons but Batman has the more cunning strategies, so overall it would be a tie sort of situation but excluding the rematches Ironman wins the first and most important fight by miles.   "
Exactly, even if Batman could win a 2nd round (which is clearly not a given since Iron Man has so many ways to win, ways that Bats won't have seen in their first beatdown), Stark will come back with something better.
 
Look what happened when Mallen used Extremis and beat the crap out of Iron Man, Stark modifed the Extremis himself and became more powerful than he's ever been.
#34 Posted by dark.crusader17 (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onyx:
Yea pretty much told em wats up, but im surprised though that you didnt get a "oh well superman is the best and he'll beat all of them". not gunna lie the superman responses are damn annoying :P
#35 Posted by <Red-X> (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would win.He has fought and defeated people far stronger and more intelligent than spiderman and iron man combined

#36 Posted by DCGal (42 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the setting. 
If it were the two of them without suits or gadgets, just hand to hand combat, I think Bruce would win.  
Now chances are Tony would be intoxicated, so he'd put up a good fight because he'd ignore the pain and probably get pretty 'street' on Bruce, but I think ultimately Bruce's precision would win out.
If Bruce had been at all aware of Tony's existance before the fight, I think he would have already anticipated the possibility of a confrontation and researched Tony for weaknesses. 
 
Personally, I think they'd get along very well. Bruce could learn to how to billionaire-chillax from Tony, and Tony could learn how to...well...he'd see value in the way Bruce operates but I don't think he'd take any cues from it.  
My opinion.
#37 Posted by Chaos Burn (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

batman with prep = win
 
let it be carved in stone

#38 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, the OP has it right. That's exactly how it would go.

#39 Posted by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" Anti-Iron Man spray don't fail me now :) "
LOL How can you beat a guy who has an anti-spray for everything???
#40 Posted by AmoralBatman (36 posts) - - Show Bio

In Bruce Wayne - The road home Batman builds a suit that essentially combines most of the powers of the DC metahumans and that suit would obliterate the ironman suit no problem. In fact all he'd need is its speed. The only issue is its power usage but that's irrelevant since he'd be done with Ironman quickly then he'd just nick ironmans power thingy. 
 
in short batman wins because he's probably the smartest hero out there regardless of all the "genius level intellects" that are out there - plus he's human which is why we love him. 
 
unlike the F*cking Hulk and his "infinite energy". I mean what kinda of nonsense is that, its like saying +1 over your power again and again as he "gets angry". Why dont that just call the Hulk the physical manifestation of the 'Creator' and be done with it. 
hmmm this probably wasnt the best place for a rant huh.

#41 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

first battle iron man he could murder him pretty easly but if bruce has enough prep he could win however if tony has prep to tony or bruce could win everybody forgets tony is also good with prep

#42 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Batman get a fifth of gin first?
Guys Bat's has an EMP generator on him at all times. Iron Man is gonna be lying on the ground in a tin man costume in five seconds flat

#43 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onyx: While I generally agree with you, I do disagree with your use of gadgets. Fact is, Batman is a martial arts master, and he has the most dangerous mind in the world. Tony may be smarter, but Bruce is more strategic. Generally when people argue with me, they say, HA! Batman can only use gadgets, and say any one can do that. Fact this, those people defined Iron Man. That's the beauty of it. Iron Man would lose in a battle with Batman, and Spider-Man would lose too, IMHO, because Tony is Tony and Pete is Pete, but Bruce....is Batman.
#44 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: Also, this. Bats will no doubt carry this with him at all times, and Tony without the suit is just Tony.
#45 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanary said:
@Sydpart2: Also, this. Bats will no doubt carry this with him at all times, and Tony without the suit is just Tony.
Negativo. Tony is much more now. Tony stores his suit within his bones now. When it is inside him he is still a technopath, has a strong healing factor and has super human reflexes.
#46 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: Doesn't mean he isn't just Tony. He's a tech genius, not a fighter, nor a brawler, nor a tactician. Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony. Tony isn't a facade, but Bruce Wayne is. Batman has the killer streak in him. A beast, if you will. Bats would still win in both cases.
#47 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanary said:
@Kallarkz: Doesn't mean he isn't just Tony. He's a tech genius, not a fighter, nor a brawler, nor a tactician. Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony. Tony isn't a facade, but Bruce Wayne is. Batman has the killer streak in him. A beast, if you will. Bats would still win in both cases.
Iron Man isn't a tactician? .... 
He is a fighter actually. On numerous occasions he has mentioned his training in h2h combat from Captain America. 
What do you mean Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony?  
Bruce dedicates most of his life to Batman but he was born BRUCE. Though I am not quite sure how that matters in this particular situation. 
As far as Batman's "killer streak" goes..I'm not quite sure I have since Batman directly kill an individual...can't say the same for Iron Man. Maybe you could fill in some blanks on that part.
#48 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
@batmanary said:
@Kallarkz: Doesn't mean he isn't just Tony. He's a tech genius, not a fighter, nor a brawler, nor a tactician. Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony. Tony isn't a facade, but Bruce Wayne is. Batman has the killer streak in him. A beast, if you will. Bats would still win in both cases.
Iron Man isn't a tactician? .... He is a fighter actually. On numerous occasions he has mentioned his training in h2h combat from Captain America. What do you mean Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony?  Bruce dedicates most of his life to Batman but he was born BRUCE. Though I am not quite sure how that matters in this particular situation. As far as Batman's "killer streak" goes..I'm not quite sure I have since Batman directly kill an individual...can't say the same for Iron Man. Maybe you could fill in some blanks on that part.
He isn't a tactician. Where have they ever shown this? And being trained a little bit in fighting by no means makes you proficient enough to fight off people who've trained their whole lives. Being trained a little bit by Cap isn't going to make Tony magically win in a fight....granted he could win against random street thugs, but not actual martial artists. By saying this, you could argue Mary Jane has the same skills as Tony in h2h because she also received training from Captain America. And just because Batman was born Bruce Wayne doesn't mean that the public persona is actually him. The little boy lives on in the core Batman persona. By killer streak, I meant the viciousness to fight and win. And please don't bring in the almost random amount of killing that Marvel characters have been doing recently. I swear, at this point, even Spider-Man has killed a bunch of aliens.
#49 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanary said:
@Kallarkz said:
@batmanary said:
@Kallarkz: Doesn't mean he isn't just Tony. He's a tech genius, not a fighter, nor a brawler, nor a tactician. Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony. Tony isn't a facade, but Bruce Wayne is. Batman has the killer streak in him. A beast, if you will. Bats would still win in both cases.
Iron Man isn't a tactician? .... He is a fighter actually. On numerous occasions he has mentioned his training in h2h combat from Captain America. What do you mean Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony?  Bruce dedicates most of his life to Batman but he was born BRUCE. Though I am not quite sure how that matters in this particular situation. As far as Batman's "killer streak" goes..I'm not quite sure I have since Batman directly kill an individual...can't say the same for Iron Man. Maybe you could fill in some blanks on that part.
He isn't a tactician. Where have they ever shown this? And being trained a little bit in fighting by no means makes you proficient enough to fight off people who've trained their whole lives. Being trained a little bit by Cap isn't going to make Tony magically win in a fight....granted he could win against random street thugs, but not actual martial artists. By saying this, you could argue Mary Jane has the same skills as Tony in h2h because she also received training from Captain America. And just because Batman was born Bruce Wayne doesn't mean that the public persona is actually him. The little boy lives on in the core Batman persona. By killer streak, I meant the viciousness to fight and win. And please don't bring in the almost random amount of killing that Marvel characters have been doing recently. I swear, at this point, even Spider-Man has killed a bunch of aliens.
Notice how in none of my statements have I stated who would win. I am simply correcting what you are stating because it was apparent that you are not up to date with the current Iron Man. =) 
When has Iron Man ever shown to be a tactician? You should pick up more Iron Man comic books. He comes up with brilliant plans.  
Not quite sure where you were going with the whole Mary Jane thing...she isn't on meta human levels like Tony. And I doubt she has had the experience ;p. 
The whole is Batman Batman or is Batman Bruce Wayne or is he 75% Batman and 25% Bruce conversation Ill leave for another day. 
 
Random killing Marvel characters have been doing? Like?
#50 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:
@batmanary said:
@Kallarkz said:
@batmanary said:
@Kallarkz: Doesn't mean he isn't just Tony. He's a tech genius, not a fighter, nor a brawler, nor a tactician. Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony. Tony isn't a facade, but Bruce Wayne is. Batman has the killer streak in him. A beast, if you will. Bats would still win in both cases.
Iron Man isn't a tactician? .... He is a fighter actually. On numerous occasions he has mentioned his training in h2h combat from Captain America. What do you mean Iron Man isn't a personality for Tony?  Bruce dedicates most of his life to Batman but he was born BRUCE. Though I am not quite sure how that matters in this particular situation. As far as Batman's "killer streak" goes..I'm not quite sure I have since Batman directly kill an individual...can't say the same for Iron Man. Maybe you could fill in some blanks on that part.
He isn't a tactician. Where have they ever shown this? And being trained a little bit in fighting by no means makes you proficient enough to fight off people who've trained their whole lives. Being trained a little bit by Cap isn't going to make Tony magically win in a fight....granted he could win against random street thugs, but not actual martial artists. By saying this, you could argue Mary Jane has the same skills as Tony in h2h because she also received training from Captain America. And just because Batman was born Bruce Wayne doesn't mean that the public persona is actually him. The little boy lives on in the core Batman persona. By killer streak, I meant the viciousness to fight and win. And please don't bring in the almost random amount of killing that Marvel characters have been doing recently. I swear, at this point, even Spider-Man has killed a bunch of aliens.
Notice how in none of my statements have I stated who would win. I am simply correcting what you are stating because it was apparent that you are not up to date with the current Iron Man. =) When has Iron Man ever shown to be a tactician? You should pick up more Iron Man comic books. He comes up with brilliant plans.  Not quite sure where you were going with the whole Mary Jane thing...she isn't on meta human levels like Tony. And I doubt she has had the experience ;p. The whole is Batman Batman or is Batman Bruce Wayne or is he 75% Batman and 25% Bruce conversation Ill leave for another day.  Random killing Marvel characters have been doing? Like?
I'm not arguing with you about who would win, I'm just stating my opinion. Tony might have a heightened healing factor, and faster reflexes, but that won't make him on the level of a martial artist, and my point was: You had stated that Iron Man was a fighter, being trained by Cap. Mary Jane was also trained by Cap. That doesn't mean she will be utterly proficient at fighting, it just means that they both learnt a few self-defense techniques. Prior to Civil War, Tony hadn't really been shown as a tactician. It was quite random that he suddenly became that good, and then gets thrust into the position of head of SHIELD, but frankly, where did he acquire this skill? And on the random killing, in Secret Invasion, the Marvel heroes just breezed past all the aliens, by killing them. Heck, I don't even see Iron Man as a killer, and yet they made him one.