Batman vs Captain America : Who deserves more respect??

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. Captain America both in terms of in comics and out of comics. Cap doesn't get nearly as much respect out of comics as he deserves. Good thing Winter Soldier helped him gain some of that respect.

2. I'd say they are both fairly brave in their own way. Batman being just a man (even though it feels he's constantly written otherwise) and Steve constantly going after foes that he knows could destroy him (Thanos) add in he started off as a sickly kid and took an experimental procedure that could have killed him all so he could help his country and fellow men.

3. Captain America. I like Batman well enough but I always enjoyed his supporting cast and rogue of villains more than the Bat himself.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@night4345: Fine! Err... (Flips a coin)... Batman!

(I actually do like Batman more, because of the richness of his world. Also, he can be any sort of crime fighter you want him to be)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 juiceboks  Moderator

@darkhunter89: Bruce still cared about him like he was. The death devasted him just as much as seeing Damian die. And Batman didn't kill the heretic either..so I doubt Alfred's death would cause him to go over the edge.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Wolverine008

For crying out loud Batman is a REGULAR human being. He risks his life to save the day just so the "little guys" can fell more safe. Yes cap is loyal to his country but would he do all this if he didn't get his superpowers? No Batman doesn't care if he dies. His villains lives are more important to him then his own life. He goes out to the battle field fighting super powered villains, head on. He makes regular human being feel like they can DO something. So if anyone deserves more respect and is more braver... It's Batman. I also like Bats way more if you can tell by my name. But I don't really think favourites really matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhunter89: Bruce still cared about him like he was. The death devasted him just as much as seeing Damian die. And Batman didn't kill the heretic either..so I doubt Alfred's death would cause him to go over the edge.

he wanted to kill the heretic. but talia did it

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap takes all three,but both definitely deserve respect and this is all up to opinion.

But I smell ignorance and bias in this thread.

Sounds like a lot of people either don't read enough about Captain America or Batman.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Depends on how you mean "respect"..if they were real people, I think Cap would deserve much more. His motivations are out of honor and duty. Batman's is mostly out of revenge. In fact, while he has good traits (bravery, determination, etc..all of which Cap doesn't lack in either.) I don't have much respect for Batman himself...he's kind of a jerk. But that's part of what makes him an intriguing character.

Now, if we're talking just what they've done for the comic-industry. Batman is at the top of the respect list IMHO.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap in a clean sweep.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebatman0: It has been proven Cap is no less Cap without the SSS. he has fought no less courageously without it. The SSS didn't make him who he is, it was simply a tool to let him act on the heroism he already had.

TheBatman0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: yes I completely agree with you. But we don't exactly know that do we? So instead of turning this into an augment where junk words go flying here and there... If just like to say you are right and I respect that :D

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blackwind: yes I completely agree with you. But we don't exactly know that do we? So instead of turning this into an augment where junk words go flying here and there... If just like to say you are right and I respect that :D

Yes we do because he's lost it several times and he still continued.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#113 god_spawn  Moderator

I think both could be considered equal in the first 2 categories. I will say that I don't think it's really fair to put Bruce over Cap in bravery because Steve got his abilities and physique from the serum. Steve, despite his frailty and sickly disposition, still wanted to go out and fight for his country and what he believed in. He got rejected, labeled a 4-F, and when he had an opportunity to fight, he jumped at it. Bruce has the intelligence to learn as fast as he does and be so intelligent in so many different areas from being a textbook in martial arts, to being the world's greatest detective, to being able to build everything he does. And he has the money to fund his expenditures and travel to continue learning. And let's not forget he has the drive but also the genetic disposition to be as physically dominant as he is. Steve didn't have that luxury. He was a scrappy baby born to Irish immigrants living in Brooklyn and grew into a 90 pound weakling with enough ailments that he looked like he could die from going down the stairs too fast. His likelihood of surviving in a war torn scenario against some of the most sadistic soldiers with superiority complexes would have been a literal death sentence in his condition. The fact that he never let what he went from to what he turned into get to his head also adds to his measure of character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would be nothing without the SSS Serum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Batman all 3

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@darkhunter89: Batman would be nothing without his money. Intelligence isn't enough; you need education. And Wayne blew millions on education in various fields before he could even think about crime fighting.

Also: Nothing is a strong word. Rogers would have been a great guy without the SSS. Just look at what he did with it.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would probably do fine without the startup cash. He definitely has the brain for it

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither are real, but when it comes to respect, only one of these men served his nation in war. he hadn't been brought back, it could have even been said he gave his life this nation. Cap all the way

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MrValance

also while bats has his company, and the bat family, steve lead shield for good long time and the avengers for even longer

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman all 3.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats

Bats

Bats coz i have been seeing his animated stuff him since i was a kid so he is one my fav. superheoes.i like his rogue's gallery very much.Cap never interested me anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
deactivated-57d57a3174063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um..how about they both deserve the same amount of respect? They are both different characters with unique backgrounds, but both fight to make the world a safer place.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats would be nothing without his money or legacy.

We repeating ourselves now? This was discussed one page ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole said:

@darkhunter89 said:

Bats would be nothing without his money or legacy.

We repeating ourselves now? This was discussed one page ago.

lol true :)

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respect Batman more solely for the fact he chooses to save people not because he feels he owes the world anything. No-one nudged him in that direction or made him do it. He's good because he wants to be.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@adamanouer: So you're saying Batman feels no great responsibility to use his great power to help people? That he deserves more respect because he just wants to live out his righteous revenge fantasies?

Nobody forced frail Steve Rogers to volunteer for an experimental procedure so that he could fight in the war, nor did anybody nudge him into leading the Avengers against countless threats, or sacrificing everything to protect America time and time again. He did these things not out of anger, but a desire to do good that runs far deeper than in Bruce and his narrow crusade. It is he who nudges.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman said:

Who do you think deserves more respect??

Who is braver ???

Who do you like more and why??

Both deserve equal amount of respect since both are the sorta weakest in there respective teams, but are essential to them.

Both are brave to me one faced down darkseid with no fear and the other thanos when he had the IG so they both are brave as hell for me.

I guess i like Bats more since i'm a bit of a nihilist and he sees the world like i do.

1. LOL . There are some weaker characters than cap and batman in their teams :P

2. Didn't batman kick the spectre?? :P

3. Hmm

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman said:

Who do you think deserves more respect??

Who is braver ???

Who do you like more and why??

1) Batman...Bruce's tragic past, could've turned him into a supervillain, but he didn't let that happen, because of his moral code/willpower.

2) Batman...Bruce, doesn't have Steve's enhancements, and he kicks just as much, if not more, ass.

3) Batman...he's just a more interesting character.

1) Why would batman become a villain?? O.o

2) LOL

3) Why?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Steve has done similar things worthy of respect. He grew up the majority of his life before the Army without any power whatsover, and when he did finally receive his aforementioned power through the Super Soldier Serum, he wasn't in the slightest consumed with himself and was completely dedicated to himself. Not forgetting his roots is something that IMO not a lot of people would have done had they undergone similar experiences of sudden power, and he's been solely focused on doing what is right with his power, and he's shown that he's completely willing to die(Civil War, etc.) to preserve that which he feels is right. I can understand respecting the work Batman had to do to get where he is, but Steve IMO has done things morally deserving just as much respect.

No Caption Provided

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While those questions are subjective, especially one and two...ultimately I have to side with Captain America. I've been reading about good ol' Cap for awhile now, and while I've recently gotten into Batman Comics (Zero year, Eternal and my favorite: Knightfall) I do have a brother and friend who are complete Batman junkies, we keep each other updated.

I respect Captain America more, I LIKE him more, I can't get enough of the guy. He's respected by nearly EVERYONE in the super-hero community of Marvel, even some villains, have his respect. He repeatedly tried to sign up for WWII even though he was frail and sickly. His desire to fight for what was right and protect people was strong enough that he took a risky program to become the man he is today, and he didn't lose sight of himself at all...his purpose for taking the SSS or even joining the army was still there, strong as ever. Even 70 years later, after being frozen in ice, that desire for justice is STILL there. You gotta love Cap, he's incredible!

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Tex_The_Slayer

Iove cap but everything Bruce is he worked for where as cap got a lucky break.

Both are equally brave and I've kind of grew a liking for Steve after civil war

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The one that worked hard his entire life to become what he is

cap took some special drugs, then starts a war on drugs to make sure no one else gets any

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

They're equally brave ands deserving of respect/. I happen to like Steve more.

yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap easy. lock da thread.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@night4345: this. People are also forgetting that the whole reason he was chosen was because he was willing to fight despite being a frail and sickly dude.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TysonCage

@thebatman0 said:

For crying out loud Batman is a REGULAR human being. He risks his life to save the day just so the "little guys" can fell more safe. Yes cap is loyal to his country but would he do all this if he didn't get his superpowers? No Batman doesn't care if he dies. His villains lives are more important to him then his own life. He goes out to the battle field fighting super powered villains, head on. He makes regular human being feel like they can DO something. So if anyone deserves more respect and is more braver... It's Batman. I also like Bats way more if you can tell by my name. But I don't really think favourites really matter.

WHAT? Just what, thebatman0? Like, seriously? Have you even picked up a Captain America book? Like, what? Seriously, what?

"Yes cap is loyal to his country but would he do all this if he didn't get his superpowers?"

WHAT?

Edit:

Also, I'd just like to say, whenever there's something Captain America involved, you know you'll get some kind of political statement or moral message. Not to say that this isn't the case for Batman, but Cap's stories aren't something easily dismissed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Captain America deserves more respect from me. Only because I'm biased. Batman is already respected and feared so it's better Steve gets the respect because he lacks fear.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Depends on how you mean "respect"..if they were real people, I think Cap would deserve much more. His motivations are out of honor and duty. Batman's is mostly out of revenge. In fact, while he has good traits (bravery, determination, etc..all of which Cap doesn't lack in either.) I don't have much respect for Batman himself...he's kind of a jerk. But that's part of what makes him an intriguing character.

Now, if we're talking just what they've done for the comic-industry. Batman is at the top of the respect list IMHO.

I couldn't agree more.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#139 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Cap never peed his pants.

trololol

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, Captain America used steroids, which is ironically the American why to get swole.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mrnoital said:

The one that worked hard his entire life to become what he is

cap took some special drugs, then starts a war on drugs to make sure no one else gets any

This

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TysonCage

He didn't take the drugs to become strong; he took the drugs to protect his country, a drug that he was told might kill him, but he took it anyway.

I'll just take a quote from "Why Captain America is the greatest superhero of all time," a quote by crazy8:

@crazy8 said:

Captain America is the best for the following reason: Steve Rogers wanted to fight along his fellow solders before he had super powers. He was weak and had no business going into a fight, but he felt it was his duty to fight along with the other Americans who were laying down their life. He was a hero before he was a superhero.

In contrast, Superman was born with super powers, so he thought, "Well, Hell, I guess no one can beat me, so I better protect everybody else." The same can be said about Thor and Wonder Woman. Batman turned himself into a superhero to avenge his parents' death using his billions of dollars. Had his parents not died, would there be a Batman or just a really nice, charitable billionaire? Spider-Man was using his powers for personal gain at first. He's better now, but he has his personal interest always on alert. Iron Man's reason mirrors Batman. Without personal necessity, would there be an Iron Man?

Steve Rogers was going to be a hero, whether as a super solder or a statistic on D-Day.

Though it isn't necessary the same topic, a great hero isn't necessary deemed respectable by everyone, I thought I'll just put out the lies that "Cap is only good because of his drugs and steroids," because come on, who are you shitting here? He's Captain America, the greatest hero alive.

But I guess it shouldn't matter what lies people say about him, because as Cap had once said,

Now imagine that in Chris Evans' voice.
Now imagine that in Chris Evans' voice.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Who do you think deserves more respect?? Whoever killed the most Nazis

Who is braver ??? Whoever took on the Nazis

Who do you like more and why?? Batman I just prefer his stories

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd change my mind.

Batman in all three.

Cap is boring and so are his villians

crazy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why thank you TysonCage. i'd forgot i posted that. Batman has better story line, but i still favor Cap. Batman has had some stupid writers and enemies too. just not as much on average. if i had to pick some one to have my back, it would be Cap every time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both deserve an equal amount of respect, stop being idiots.

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman continually flouts state and federal laws and thinks he is more important than literally everyone. Cap serves his country no matter what.

Not really a hard choice.

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebatman0: Steve was a scrawny asthmatic who grew up in a rough neighbourhood being bullied and yet all he wanted to do was fight for his country and help protect his fellow soldiers. Yes he got his powers but his main aspect has always been his morals and courage. Batman is a self pitying rich kid who thinks the world owes him because he is the only kid to see his parents killed. And then goes on to break state and federal laws on a continual basis because his law is above that of the country he lives in, yes he dedicates himself but really if he threw himself into worthier project using his resources and money, Gotham would be a paradise not a hell hole populated by scum and psycho's that continue to plague it because he won't do what is needed.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman continually flouts state and federal laws and thinks he is more important than literally everyone. Cap serves his country no matter what.

Not really a hard choice.

Well, when you put it that way...yeah.