Batman vs Captain America: Which is the better fighter? (film only)

• 170 results
Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman vs Captain America: Which is the better fighter? (film only) (152 votes)

Batman 35%
Captain America 65%

This is NOT a battle. My question is, out of Batman and Captain America from their films, which displayed the better fighting skills?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. His training was better documented, IIRC all we got from cap was him breaking a punching bag, which was done with his physicals. And he used some skill to break WS arm but that's about it for pure skill. The batroc fight was mostly just his superior speed and strength, not much actual skill

Yet batman is a ninja and had to use skill alone to get through Ra's al Ghul training and defeat the fake Ra's al Ghul and beat all the ninjas and swat team and scarecrow thugs and those prison thugs at the beginning of Batman begins. I would say he is a better fighter.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Batman. I stand by the fact that Cap only beat Batroc because he was physically enhanced, watch the fight, he was tossing Bal like a ragdoll, if he was just at peak human, the most he'd do is stalemate him. Other than that, we get him either tossing people around or kicking people around, again, just showing he's physically superior. Batman on the other hand beat highly trained ninjas (who had been trained longer than him) in Batman Begins, took down a team of SWAT members in TDK and beat Bane, his physical superior in TDKR. Add to that him actually receiving formal training from noteworthy fighters, he technically should be the better fighter. However, put Cap and Bats in a room and tell them to fight it out, obviously Cap would win.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

In terms of skill, Batman even in the Nolan trilogy. The MCU Cap in my eyes isn't a skilled fighter, he's fast, strong and has a vibranium shield which makes him formidable in combat (in fact he would beat Batman) but I don't think his skills are as technically proficient like Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Steve.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically, caps combat feats are only because of his physicals. Whereas Bruce used pure skill and has documented training. Steve does not.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

Basically, caps combat feats are only because of his physicals. Whereas Bruce used pure skill and has documented training. Steve does not.

Yes, but you're forgetting, Winter Soldier just came out, and everyone still loves it, so they will vote for Cap. :P

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. I stand by the fact that Cap only beat Batroc because he was physically enhanced, watch the fight, he was tossing Bal like a ragdoll, if he was just at peak human, the most he'd do is stalemate him. Other than that, we get him either tossing people around or kicking people around, again, just showing he's physically superior. Batman on the other hand beat highly trained ninjas (who had been trained longer than him) in Batman Begins, took down a team of SWAT members in TDK and beat Bane, his physical superior in TDKR. Add to that him actually receiving formal training from noteworthy fighters, he technically should be the better fighter. However, put Cap and Bats in a room and tell them to fight it out, obviously Cap would win.

He didn't toss or kick around Red Skull, whom was equally as enhanced as him. Or Winter Soldier, whom again was equally as enhanced as him. If Steve weren't all that skilled, he would have been stomped by both those guys. Those highly trained ninjas are nothing more than fodder frankly. No different than the fodder Hydra Agents Steve was destroying in the First Avenger while showing technical skill liked submission holds, neck snaps, etc. or the 9 Hydra agents he wrecked along with Crossbones while getting dog piled, tazed, and with one hand in an elevator during Winter Soldier.

Nolan's Batman has done nothing IMO to make him superior technically to MCU Captain America.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: red skull had no combat feats IIRC. So that fight was basically two enhanced guys fighting with no skill. Unless im wrong about red skulls combat skill. Same with WS. Batman went through training that we saw clearly, beats ninjas and thugs with no enhancements, beat ras and fake ras, and beat bane. All cap did was use his physicals to throw people with one arm and punch people really hard. And the elevator scene was because of physicals again. No actual skill, unlike batman

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@wolverine08: red skull had no combat feats IIRC. So that fight was basically two enhanced guys fighting with no skill. Unless im wrong about red skulls combat skill. Same with WS. Batman went through training that we saw clearly, beats ninjas and thugs with no enhancements, beat ras and fake ras, and beat bane. All cap did was use his physicals to throw people with one arm and punch people really hard. And the elevator scene was because of physicals again. No actual skill, unlike batman

Sure thing bud.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: take away caps physicals and he wouldn't get far.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: well actually the poll is 50/50 right now and cap only beat people with physicals and we never saw his training or anything to suggest he has actual skill. No skill is needed to tackle someone and use your enhanced strength to knock them out

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine008

@jayc1324 said:

@wolverine08: well actually the poll is 50/50 right now and cap only beat people with physicals and we never saw his training or anything to suggest he has actual skill. No skill is needed to tackle someone and use your enhanced strength to knock them out

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I think people are more biased to cap since his movie just came out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolverine008

@jayc1324 said:

@wolverine08: I think people are more biased to cap since his movie just came out.

Oh yeah, nobody is biased towards the hero whom starred in the most critically acclaimed comic book movie of all time. Right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: that came out 6 years ago and isn't as fresh in peoples mind as cap punching guys across the room is. Or even cap breaking the punching bag in avengers.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I love how The Winter Soldier gave Rogers some legitimate skill feats, but Batman should be more skilled due to the training we witnessed. But man, the fight choreography and action directing in his trilogy really takes away from how impressive he should be. That said, it's blatantly obvious that movie Cap would wreck movie Batman.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce.From being taught into being a ninja by the art of ninjitsu,Ra's acknowledging his different forms like Tiger,Panther,and Jujitsu,beating the same ninjas who'd undergone his same training much longer than Bruce has,held his own against Bane who was not only Bruce's physical superior but went through the same training Bruce did.Also holding his own against Ra's Al Ghul himself in a fight.Bruce takes this in the skill advantage

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RisingBean

@k4tzm4n said:

I love how The Winter Soldier gave Rogers some legitimate skill feats, but Batman should be more skilled due to the training we witnessed. But man, the fight choreography and action directing in his trilogy really takes away from how impressive he should be. That said, it's blatantly obvious that movie Cap would wreck movie Batman.

Bingo. Bruce loses out on terrible film work and the fact that when Steve can't ragdoll inferior foes, he steps up his martial game.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Well one thing that I at least know that will be good in the Superman/Batman movie are the fight scenes so we'll see the polls then.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Jphu8414

In terms of pure marital arts and fighting skills, I actually might have to say Batman, although I don't think the movies actually showcased this as much, and probably not as well as TWS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap still doesn't have as many pure martial arts feats. I'm going with the guy who traveled the world and learned to fight with Ra's al Ghul and ninjas and took on huge groups of people with no enhanced physicals over a guy with no training

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Steve.

Yeah even from the trailers it seems like steve has got the edge

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to remember Batman getting totally pulverised by Bane, never really using any of his wicked ninja moves against anyone that wasn't a ninja and he also has gadgets as a crutch. Cap is enhanced. some people say this is unfair and that anyone enhanced could do these things. If we take the serum away, then that is a but unfair, as Steve was so far below even average human physicals its not even funny.

How about who would win: Unenhanced Steve vs Bruce in TDKR First 30 mins with no mecha-leg brace?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce may have more technical skill but I'd still call Steve the better fighter.

Pretty sound assessment mate.

UNKNOWNUSER101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UNKNOWNUSER101

Does nobody remember caps first fight with winter soldier? Or his fight in the elevator? He's a super soldier of course, but those were epic showcases of skill.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Batman movie had a good documentation of his training in the LOS BUT besides that he didn't feel that impressive throughout the entire trilogy....at all. People say it was a very conversative, "realistic" way of fighting. Which is subjective in all honesty. With the right choreography you can be less tight and restricted and still look realistic and feel realistic. I mean look at fight scenes like this. This is a long the lines Cap took, just take out his physicals and that is the way Winter Soldier went.

Loading Video...

Batman may have more refined skills but Cap is the better fighter, even without his physicals.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gracetrack

@jayc1324 said:

This.

Batman(film) was/is shown to be more skilled in his fighting than Cap(film).

If the question is simply who is the better fighter, then the answer is Cap because of his enhanced physicals. Cap shouldn't be as technically skilled though, based on what I saw in the movies.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Cap is stronger, but Batman is a higher skilled fighter.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MAZAHS117

I say Bruce is the more skilled imo. Cap is very skill h2h combatant, as The Winter Soldier has shown us, but I still think Batman has the slight edge on him in terms of skill/technique. Batman's form of martial arts isn't overly fashly, but it's VERY effect in taking down the type of enemies/opponents he deals with. Cap seems to be more effective in fighting with his shield, not that he can't take someone apart with his bare hands, but he really seems to be more comfortable taking people out with his shield imo.

Give Batman the super soldier serum and he would be nigh unstoppable probably.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Movie hype makes people think Cap is skilled.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Batman got the training but I don't know if it was just Christian Bale or that's how the movie was suppose to be but the Dark Knight Trilogy had horrid fight scenes. Cap was pretty impressive in his sequels but it stand too reason that his victories were because of his Serum.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Movie hype makes people think Cap is skilled.

He's definitely more skilled than he was in the first movie and Avengers. He was able to best an assassin with plenty of experience killing people. Just because he had greater physicals than most people he fought doesn't mean he wasn't skilled. If that were true he'd be getting his ass kicked.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Captain America is the better fighter.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, Bruce is more skilled. Tiger, Panther and Jujitsu forms were displayed. He's been trained in swordsmanship and other ninjitsu tactics.

All we have from Steve is, punching a boxing bag and him relying on his enhancements more times than not.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao movie hype = bias on Cap being a better fighter smh.

Alright, lets do it your way and wait another year until we open up a new thread like this.

After TWS, I consider Cap a better fighter BUT this is only attributed to the fact that TWS had better choreographers. Nolan's Batman SHOULD have looked like a better fighter given the training he went through in Begins as opposed to what (little) Steve went through in TFA, but Nolan never gave as much thought to his fight scenes that the Russos did for theirs.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you voted Steve you're objectively a hopeless fangirl and/or still in high school.

Steve's "skill" as most are interpreting it is largely a result of his enhanced strength. He's a brawler at best, Nolan's Bruce is a damn ninja and even before his training...see beginning of Batman Begins.

The way to look at it is like this, take away Steve' strength advantages induced by the serum ( he can keep his new body though ) and pit him against batman. He ends up with a concussion in no less than 3 well executed blows and ends up sucking down poop soup at the VA hospital.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Steve's fight with Bucky on the street was better than anything we saw from Bruce in Nolan's entire trilogy. Look - like I said in my other post, Bruce SHOULD have looked like a better fighter than what we've seen Steve do in Cap 2, but Nolan's choreography for fight scenes was just lazy compared to what the Russos did (when COMPARED, not overall).

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... from the films which one displayed fighting skills better?

Captain Murica.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Cap has only one high showing. A lot of people are on his bandwagon right now, because his film just came out, and it's awesome, but the reality is 2 out of 3 movies, Cap has just been "meh". Even in the newest movie a non-enhanced human was a temporary match for him.

Batman was definitely more skilled, we saw him trained by the league of shadows, and his skills always put him above even highly trained individuals (swat teams, ninjas, etc). Cap, even with enhancement, had problems with highly trained individuals, and was NEVER EVEN SHOWN training in hand to hand combat. He got a vile of steroids and was suddenly a good fighter.

For the record, I hate Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you look at all of caps fights and break down his moves, a lot of the time he is punching people across the room, throwing people, or doing crazy flying kicks. Take away that athleticism and he can't do any of that and he isn't a good fighter. In the fight with WS, take away his athleticism and he wouldn't have the speed to deal with he knife anymore and he wouldve died. Batman had to deal with knives and guns without enhancements. The one time he showed skill was breaking WS arm but that's not better than Batman.

Not to mention batman trained with a sword too so he is also more versatile and has a wider range of skill

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Cap has only one high showing. A lot of people are on his bandwagon right now, because his film just came out, and it's awesome, but the reality is 2 out of 3 movies, Cap has just been "meh". Even in the newest movie a non-enhanced human was a temporary match for him.

Batman was definitely more skilled, we saw him trained by the league of shadows, and his skills always put him above even highly trained individuals (swat teams, ninjas, etc). Cap, even with enhancement, had problems with highly trained individuals, and was NEVER EVEN SHOWN training in hand to hand combat. He got a vile of steroids and was suddenly a good fighter.

For the record, I hate Batman.

Batroc proved to be a challenge for Steve only when Steve was fighting defensively and letting Batroc keep up the offensive. Once Steve settled down and started initiating his own offense, he ended up dragging Batroc through the ground. I really wouldn't call that being a "match" for someone at all frankly. And it's not like Steve hasn't only fought people without enhancements. He stalemated Red Skull in his first movie, and he ended stalemating Bucky during their first encounter even when he lost his shield, and ended up breaking Bucky's arm during their final fight before he stopped fighting back.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deaditegonzo

@wolverine08: Red Skull wasnt a fighter by any means. Sure, he was enhanced, but he was still not a MA expert.

If Batroc caught Steve off-guard with aggression, then he is in no way as capable of a fighter as Bruce. This isnt a battle to my knowledge, so its not a question of who would win, its a question of who is more skilled, and Bruce has two movies that focus greatly on his "skill". Cap only has a scene of him punching a punching bag.

Everything Special about you came from a bottle.
Everything Special about you came from a bottle.