#1 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I just finished reading Batman #523 - 524 (a two-part Scarecrow story) and I got to thinking how cool it would be to have a Batman story for him in the New 52, then I started thinking of a lot of Batman villains that have yet to get there own arc in the current series, and I came up with this list.

1. Two-Face
  2. Bane
  3. Mr. Freeze
  4. Scarecrow
  5. Riddler
  6. Mad Hatter
  7. Killer Croc
  8. Ventriloquist and Scarface
  9. Clock King

What's your list look like?

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane and Scare Crow were in The Dark Knight, Banes currently in Talon, Mr. Freeze was in the Batman Annual, Killer Croc briefly was in the RHaTO and I think Two-Face briefly appeared at the end of Batman and Red Hood. I don't know/remember about the rest but if you want to give those issues a look at, they might satisfy you.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6521 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's the main Batman title you're talking about, I think Riddler and Scarecrow arcs would work pretty well.

I say this because considering there's been tie-ins in Bat-Family titles for Night Of The Owls and Death Of The Family, single issue tie-ins could work well with The Riddler or Scarecrow. With The Riddler, they'd have to solve a riddle in order to prevent a small crime, and with The Scarecrow, they'd have to face their greatest fears while under the influence of fear gas.

Tie-ins are kind of annoying, but these could work.

#4 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee:

Oh, okay, I don't read Dark Knight, Red Hood, or Talon. Sadly, I'm kinda on a limited budget for comics.

I'll edit the list.

Thanks for the info.

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

id lie to see zsaz and R'as get arcs. I want to see more of batman being a detective, being resourceful, and being one of the best h2h combatants in the dc universe I really wanns see them flush out his h2h skills

#6 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Yeah, he really seems to be lacking in H2H feats lately...

#7 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarecrow more, he's one of my favorites.

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

exactly...though I must admit what he did against that gang in the subway system was really cool.

#10 Edited by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Mask.

#11 Posted by The_Tree (7880 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Moth and Maxie Zeus. I just want to see how they'd be updated.

#12 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by SOG7dc (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

and this might be a stretch but I want to see owlman. not that guy from earlier who claimed to be bruce's brother. I want to see nihilist owlman. from the animated movie. that would be an awesome story arc. id love to see what Snyder would do with that

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I know I said I'd edit the list but I changed my mind, I think I'll keep it to the main Batman title, like @v_scarlotte_rose said.

I wasn't trying to shut you down haha, I was just letting you know there are stories in the New52 about some of the characters in case you wanted to check it out. I would love to see any of those guys in the main batman title, Snyder would do a great job.

#15 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see a big riddler story

#16 Posted by kilomac29 (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddler and black mask

#17 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilomac29: You're waiting for that Snyder story too right?

#18 Edited by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Bane showing up in Talon is awesome, especially the upcoming issue with him on the cover.

But I'm going to answer this question as to which villain I want to see Snyder write in the main batman ongoing. And thats Mr. Freeze. I really think Snyder could pen an epic Mr. Freeze story. One that really pays respect to the character.

#19 Posted by kilomac29 (323 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: Yeah, I think it will be a great story if Snyder writes Riddler like he did in DotF. But I think Layman would do a good job with him in Detective too.

#20 Edited by daboyfromsaturn (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda want Mr. Freeze. I know he appeared in Birds of Prey, I think.

I want to see Freeze in BATMAN. Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder could probably make a great Freeze story. One that I'd definitely read tge day it comes on out, not wait until saturday and go buy it

#21 Posted by krspaceT (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the New 52 revamping Polka-Dot Man could be cool.

I mean, they revamped him! The guy actually looks somewhat imposing, with that Iron Man like center glow. That, and he is written by Geoff, I can make Black Hand, Ocean Master, Green Lantern and Aquaman cool' Johns.

#22 Posted by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait to see Hush

#23 Edited by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@csantilli27: Whenever I see a Luther Strode cover I think of Hush.

I can never remember who Hush ends up being. I read the book a year or so ago but there was like all these red herrings and now I always forget.

#24 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspacet: Thats signalman

He still looks dumb to me. Then again i dont read jla so maybe he did something cool there

To answer the question i want to see man-bat back

#25 Edited by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Hush was Bruce's childhood friend Tommy Elliot

#26 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@csantilli27: ok gotcha. There was just a Jason Todd part from what I remember so that's probably what confuses me evrrytime.

#28 Edited by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: yeah I wanna say it was in the under the red hood graphic novel where it showed that it was jason todd in the grave yard at one point but then clayface switched with him. But Tommy was the real Hush

#29 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the villains listed have already shown up in the New 52, in one way or another. Fries showed up recently in Batwoman. He's still in Gotham, still being crazy (though in a slightly different way).

Hush seriously needs to show up. Why the hell is it taking this long?

#30 Edited by knightofthechronicle (711 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush, that is all.

#31 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@arturocalakayvee: I know I said I'd edit the list but I changed my mind, I think I'll keep it to the main Batman title, like @v_scarlotte_rose said.

I wasn't trying to shut you down haha, I was just letting you know there are stories in the New52 about some of the characters in case you wanted to check it out. I would love to see any of those guys in the main batman title, Snyder would do a great job.

Haha! Sorry about that. :) Thanks for the recommends, I'll be sure to check those out.

#32 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Moth.