User Lists: 12

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DarthVxder

I didnt. Maybe a couple of months more tbh. Now they start working with the CGI and what not to make it look crispy as fxxk and promote/hype the hell out of it. They better have made this awesome because with all the hype that this will have around it it beter meat expectations.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I didnt. Maybe a couple of months more tbh. Now they start working with the CGI and what not to make it look crispy as fxxk and promote/hype the hell out of it. They better have made this awesome because with all the hype that this will have around it it beter meat expectations.

I thought it be longer cus I thought they'd be shooting back to back.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I thought about that too but it wasnt really someting I thought would happen. I trust them though.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet not one photo of Affleck in costume has been leaked, they've done amazing job. Also one year should give more than enough time for post production, editing, reshoots etc. Snyder and WB aren't taking any chance with this movie, Snyder is giving his best to make this movie perfect.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

And yet not one photo of Affleck in costume has been leaked, they've done amazing job. Also one year should give more than enough time for post production, editing, reshoots etc. Snyder and WB aren't taking any chance with this movie, Snyder is giving his best to make this movie perfect.

Zack's a Star Wars fan too

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

What does this have to do with the discussion?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@saint_wildcard said:

You said we haven't had any pics of him in a suit.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy said:

@saint_wildcard said:

You said we haven't had any pics of him in a suit.

I said not one photo of Affleck in costume has been leaked. We did see him in costume in two official photos, one from Zack and one from WB tour. Also pic you posted is of a toy.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

Well in post-production is where Snyder's movies require a lot of work. Considering he is relying heavily on the CGI,effects and filters.

So one year is exactly what he needs to make the movie LOOK well. The problem for me wasn't the look, it was the script.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Well in post-production is where Snyder's movies require a lot of work. Considering he is relying heavily on the CGI,effects and filters.

So one year is exactly what he needs to make the movie LOOK well. The problem for me wasn't the look, it was the script.

Snyder doesn't usually take that much time in post productions so I think he's taking extra care with this one. Also the script is written by Chris Terrio who won an Oscar so that's no longer a problem for me.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@squalleon said:

@rustyroy said:

Snyder doesn't usually take that much time in post productions so I think he's taking extra care with this one. Also the script is written by Chris Terrio who won an Oscar so that's no longer a problem for me.

I really don't know Snyder's average time but from the looks of his movies,post-production is essential. I know who wrote the script but Snyder is the mastermind, it doesn't matter how good Terrio is if he has to obey a certain plan. Its like writers and editors and the last time it was Snyder's decision to have Superman kill and bump into buildings so...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

@rustyroy said:

@squalleon said:

@rustyroy said:

I really don't know Snyder's average time but from the looks of his movies,post-production is essential. I know who wrote the script but Snyder is the mastermind, it doesn't matter how good Terrio is if he has to obey a certain plan. Its like writers and editors and the last time it was Snyder's decision to have Superman kill and bump into buildings so...

... I don't see the problem ._.

Snyder and Goyer had a great big picture plan, they just have problems with the small details and Goyer lacked fleshing things in his script. Superman killing and being as inexperienced as he was in MoS is gonna play a part in BvS, his growth and how the hero boom starts.

I trust Terrio can flesh out the story and characters that Goyer and SNyder started.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@squalleon said:

@rustyroy said:

Well destroying buildings was Goyer's idea, the only thing that Snyder changed was Zod's death. Anyways I'm just hoping for the best.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Well destroying buildings was Goyer's idea, the only thing that Snyder changed was Zod's death. Anyways I'm just hoping for the best.

Didn't Snyder said he wanted the clash to feel like gods fighting each other, so he wanted people to die because of the fight to make it seem more big in scale etc. I am sure he said that.

Meh, I am going with low expectations. The more times I watch MoS the more flaws I find.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: When your story about the embodiment of hope is full of dispair, bleakness, death and destruction and when even your embodiment of hope the one you preach for two hours has smiled or seemed happy only ONCE and that briefly, you certaintly have done something wrong. I really didn't see any hope during the end of the movie. And the more I think about it the more I find it a bad movie to be honest, not a bad Superman movie, a bad movie in general.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy said:

Didn't Snyder said he wanted the clash to feel like gods fighting each other, so he wanted people to die because of the fight to make it seem more big in scale etc. I am sure he said that.

Meh, I am going with low expectations. The more times I watch MoS the more flaws I find.

Didn't know about that. MoS actually got better for me after more viewings, there are many problems with the movie (specially Kent's death) but overall I liked it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: When your story about the embodiment of hope is full of dispair, bleakness, death and destruction and when even your embodiment of hope the one you preach for two hours has smiled or seemed happy only ONCE and that briefly, you certaintly have done something wrong. I really didn't see any hope during the end of the movie. And the more I think about it the more I find it a bad movie to be honest, not a bad Superman movie, a bad movie in general.

Aside from it lacking a bit of joy and Pa Kent's death I have no problem with the way things were done. MoS isn't just the response to Superman Returns, but Superman 1 & 2, movies where Superman pulls a PIS win and things end hunky dory. Good representation of hope, but bad story telling. I can't nor do I expect Superman to have things go his way in the beginning, and I'm exited to the see the growth and journey of Clark as he becomes he becomes better and the symbol of he's meant to be.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SaintWildcard

@rustyroy said:

Didn't know about that. MoS actually got better for me after more viewings, there are many problems with the movie (specially Kent's death) but overall I liked it.

i like you animated GIF

I have to say though, I haven't seen the movie since it came out on Blu Ray ._.

But that's cus I think I have ADD

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Aside from it lacking a bit of joy and Pa Kent's death I have no problem with the way things were done. MoS isn't just the response to Superman Returns, but Superman 1 & 2, movies where Superman pulls a PIS win and things end hunky dory. Good representation of hope, but bad story telling. I can't nor do I expect Superman to have things go his way in the beginning, and I'm exited to the see the growth and journey of Clark as he becomes he becomes better and the symbol of he's meant to be.

I am not gonna try to change your mind. You are too emotionally invested in MoS arguments. But I think the moment will come where you will return to the movie with open mind(like me) and see its flaws as a movie. And I really don't think Snyder will change a lot of things in BvS I am pretty sure by the posters, news, teasers etc etc Superman will still be the same serious, forever sad and lonely person he was in MoS. You compare MoS to Superman 1 and 2 to justify it as a movie, for me that is wrong. You should think about it as a seperate entity. Anyway, I am gonna watch BvS with the lowest expectations possible.

@rustyroy said:
@squalleon said:

I really don't think I am wrong. It is too much of a shock to hear that by the lead director of the JL franchise to forget it or mistake it.

I actually liked MoS a lot in my first viewing but the more I watched it I found flaws not only Superman-centric flaws but flaws of the movie as a movie. Meaning I think it was a mediocre movie in general. For example what I said to Saint_Wildcard: "When your story about the embodiment of hope is full of dispair, bleakness, death and destruction and when even your embodiment of hope the one you preach for two hours has smiled or seemed happy only ONCE and that briefly, you certaintly have done something wrong. I really didn't see any hope during the end of the movie. And the more I think about it the more I find it a bad movie to be honest, not a bad Superman movie, a bad movie in general." When your story about hope doesn't feature even the tiniest slither of it, then you know your movie has flaws.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Snyder took advantage of working with affleck cause affleck is a better director and a better storyteller.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

I am not gonna try to change your mind.

I see and hear the flaws, but what the movie did good it did great, thereby out weighing the bad

You are too emotionally invested in MoS arguments.

._. wut?

But I think the moment will come where you will return to the movie with open mind(like me) and see its flaws as a movie.

Unlikely, I will however rip BvS a new one if it don't follow through with the amazing set up MoS gave it.

And I really don't think Snyder will change a lot of things in BvS I am pretty sure by the posters, news, teasers etc etc Superman will still be the same serious, forever sad and lonely person he was in MoS.

I'm willing to bet cash otherwise. Mark my words, BvS will be the redeemer both in reality and to the citizens in the DCCU.

You compare MoS to Superman 1 and 2 to justify it as a movie, for me that is wrong.

.... got me there. I shouldn't/didn't need to do that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SaintWildcard

Hopefully Snyder took advantage of working with affleck cause affleck is a better director and a better storyteller.

NOpe, but Ben Aflleck praised Zack for what he was doing on BvS.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TakeLuutzen
No Caption Provided

Snyder is f***ing with us fanboys

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are too emotionally invested in MoS arguments.

._. wut?

And I really don't think Snyder will change a lot of things in BvS I am pretty sure by the posters, news, teasers etc etc Superman will still be the same serious, forever sad and lonely person he was in MoS.

I'm willing to bet cash otherwise. Mark my words, BvS will be the redeemer both in reality and to the citizens in the DCCU.

1. You have been a huge MoS supporter in the vine for months. There is no way you are gonna admit you were wrong(from my point of view) all this time. People we are way more emotional than we think. I think you get what I am saying.
  2. We will see. I disagree though. And the leaks about protests and the heroes fighting, the TDKR parallels, the bleak posters with the sad Superman in them. It only makes me more sure.
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

I am not gonna try to change your mind.

I see and hear the flaws, but what the movie did good it did great, thereby out weighing the bad

Out of curiosity what do you think it did good?

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I know he praised him but I'm still sceptical especially if Snyder is gonna direct the rest of the Superman sequels

and the JLA

films and maybe a world's finest trilogy (the world's finest trilogy rumors started after BvS was announced) ifeel like its to much for him to

Handle.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

1. You have been a huge MoS supporter in the vine for months. There is no way you are gonna admit you were wrong(from my point of view) all this time. People we are way more emotional than we think. I think you get what I am saying.
  2. We will see. I disagree though. And the leaks about protests and the heroes fighting, the TDKR parallels, the bleak posters with the sad Superman in them. It only makes me more sure.

I mostly like to put on a show at this point, the intervention thread that was made was my idea. As for your definition of being emotionally invested.... no, god no. I can admit when a movie (or comics)is bad, I loved Dumb and Dumber and was hoping the sequel would be good, it wasn't it sucked. I like Bunn's writing and was exited for the Lobo (I actually stood up and liked the redesign) comic, it also sucked. Some movies I watched as a kid after re-watching I think they suck now. So if you think MoS is the exception to the rule, it's not.

@squalleon said:

Out of curiosity what do you think it did good?

1. The Action- A lot of people will just compare it to Transformers and say it's senseless destruction. But if you took time to analyze the fight you'd see the beautiful choreography. Move this fight into a desert or the Mountains and it would still look bad ass.
  2. The Villain- I've made no secret my distaste for how Marvel handles their villains. I've even stated that Marvel takes their villains less seriously than the Disney Princess movies. Faora was an obvious show stealer for most people. And Zod was a terrific villain. And how he went out was boss, not like some other dude I know who got taken out via dance moves.
  3. The Journey- I enjoyed seeing that he was a "guardian angle" before. And his experience as a kid.
  4. Pa Kent- Say what you want but that man loved his son. And if you were put in a situation where your son ran the risk of getting taken by the government for experimentation you would be the same. Also, he didn't hate/punsih his son for saving people, he just didn't have the answers and I like that. This Pa Kent doesn't have country wisdom for when his son's heat vision kicks in and in a world where we have tons of books on how to raise kids, is it really that out of the realm of possibility that raising a god is harder. But I like how people then hide behind the shield of "It's fiction".
  5. The Emotional Moments- The X-Ray vision and space ship reveal moment were heart breaking and emotional. But the one that got me the hardest was when Jenny was stuck in the debris and Perry didn't leave her... GOD DAMN!!!
  6. The Neck Snap- Probably one of the most controversial moments in the movie (or at least tied with Pa Kent's death). How they got there is not only justified but it will make for great story telling in the sequel. Not only was Superman untrained and not ready but he's also the super powered hero. There is no one to learn from. What Jor-El said about humans also applies to him "He will Stumble, He will fall". I also love how people will quote stories like ASS or Vs The Elite, both stories that not only don't test his no kill rule, but they are both pros. And after 3 movies where Superman pulls a win via BS (Superman 1 & 2 and Superman Returns), this one brilliantly showed that Superman won't always get his way. And he doesn't fail in the beginning, how can we expect him to fail when he gets stronger.

I also like what this movie is setting up for BvS and how what happened in MoS is gonna affect the DCCU.

I'm reposting that from an other thread. It got a lot of love

@theamazingbatman760 said:

@saint_wildcard: I know he praised him but I'm still sceptical especially if Snyder is gonna direct the rest of the Superman sequels

and the JLA

films and maybe a world's finest trilogy (the world's finest trilogy rumors started after BvS was announced)

He's the man for the job if you want a bad ass JL fight scene. Also, I'm sure he's just gonna stick to JL and produce the rest.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Lvenger

@saint_wildcard: You know full well that every positive point you've raised can be deconstructed, critiqued and debunked by the MOS critics such as yours truly. From my POV, the negatives massively outweigh the positives and as a life long Superman fan compared to your only recent and quite frankly subjective transition into Superman fandom, MOS is akin to one of the worst tortures one can subject a Superman fan to. Don't try and make out this bleak and lifeless film to be a success in your opinion when I have consistently shown the validity and strength of my arguments as to how this film is a bad, unsuccessful and failure of a Superman film. You may be willing to defend this film for all your time on here but I'm equally willing to tear it down for the fascimile it is because I seem to be one of the few people on here willing to respect the core of Superman's character for what it really is against those who constantly misunderstand it.

That's the legacy Snyder, Goyer and WB have created now, a DCCU that doesn't attract all sorts of fans like the Marvel universe but tears them down the middle. BvS: DOJ looks no different and unless it or Justice League undergoes a massive change, I'm done with it. And as per usual, you overrate Snyder AGAIN. His directing and visuals are way overrated and his action was pure destruction porn with gratuitous slow mo and CGI. Nothing more.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: I liked Man of Steel quite a lot and I'm so damn excited for Batman vs Superman. Bring on the Batfleck Snyder!

Batman vs Superman will make Flash vs Arrow look petty.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard: You know full well that every positive point you've raised can be deconstructed, critiqued and debunked by the MOS critics such as yours truly. From my POV, the negatives massively outweigh the positives and as a life long Superman fan compared to your only recent and quite frankly subjective transition into Superman fandom, MOS is akin to one of the worst tortures one can subject a Superman fan to. Don't try and make out this bleak and lifeless film to be a success in your opinion when I have consistently shown the validity and strength of my arguments as to how this film is a bad, unsuccessful and failure of a Superman film. You may be willing to defend this film for all your time on here but I'm equally willing to tear it down for the fascimile it is because I seem to be one of the few people on here willing to respect the core of Superman's character for what it really is against those who constantly misunderstand it.

That's the legacy Snyder, Goyer and WB have created now, a DCCU that doesn't attract all sorts of fans like the Marvel universe but tears them down the middle. BvS: DOJ looks no different and unless it or Justice League undergoes a massive change, I'm done with it. And as per usual, you overrate Snyder AGAIN. His directing and visuals are way overrated and his action was pure destruction porn with gratuitous slow mo and CGI. Nothing more.

.....I don't know what to do with you anymore. I honestly thought at this point we'd be better off ignoring each other. Let's do that from now on, before one of us (mostly me) says something bad and get banned. Take this as a victory, I don't care, but I have no interest in debating someone who thinks of himself as a "real" Superman fan, that's an uphill battle I have no interest in partaking.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: I liked Man of Steel quite a lot and I'm so damn excited for Batman vs Superman. Bring on the Batfleck Snyder!

Batman vs Superman will make Flash vs Arrow look petty.

You're a confusing individual, in one thread you say it's mediocre, now you're saying you like it -___-

And yes, Batfleck will be awesome, he's gonna be like all the guys on Watchmen in one.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@saint_wildcard: I feel very much the same way about you. It saddens me that the likes of you are becoming more of the norm for Superman fans on here and other forum boards. No respect for the actual core tenants of the character nor the Pre New 52 treatment. You've no idea just how badly I want to absolutely tear apart your nonsensical and disrespectful treatment of All Star Superman and Superman vs The Elite (aka What's so Funny about Truth, Justice and The American Way?) So called Superman fans like you will never understand why Superman's moral fibre and ethical standards should be represented as they are in that story. They test his no kill rule far better than MOS ever did or Pak's stupidly written Doomed killing rationale which shows yet again that he doesn't get the character.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#35 frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: After having a round full of all the Superman movies, I've changed my mind (and my mind continuously changes when it comes to movies). MOS is a deeply flawed movie but I like the themes and action.

Yeah, Batfeck will be damn powerful. I'm also hopeful Arrow will stop copying Batman once Batfleck gains exposure; and it'll be a treat (IMO, atleast) to see a homage to Miller's DKR.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Really? All ready? Then why couldn't it come out in 15 instead of 16. Dammit. Anyway i'm kind've on edge because of the leaked news out of the film. It doesn't inspire confidence since MOS was my favourite film[i know blasphemy for a superman fan, right] but i'm still looking forward to it. Hopes it can live up to expectations.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard: I feel very much the same way about you. It saddens me that the likes of you are becoming more of the norm for Superman fans on here and other forum boards. No respect for the actual core tenants of the character nor the Pre New 52 treatment. You've no idea just how badly I want to absolutely tear apart your nonsensical and disrespectful treatment of All Star Superman and Superman vs The Elite (aka What's so Funny about Truth, Justice and The American Way?) So called Superman fans like you will never understand why Superman's moral fibre and ethical standards should be represented as they are in that story. They test his no kill rule far better than MOS ever did or Pak's stupidly written Doomed killing rationale which shows yet again that he doesn't get the character.

I question your definition of test (and cold blooded), but whatever I'd rather not fuel the flames. Let's seal our breakup with a kiss.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Transformers1024

@saint_wildcard said:

@lvenger said:

I question your definition of test (and cold blooded), but whatever I'd rather not fuel the flames. Let's seal our breakup with a kiss.

Loading Video...

Thank God!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SaintWildcard
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Did...did you just say Zack Snyder is a better director than Ben Affleck? Did Zack Snyder direct a movie that won Best Picture at the Academy Awards when I wasn't looking?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jaken7 said:

@saint_wildcard: Did...did you just say Zack Snyder is a better director than Ben Affleck? Did Zack Snyder direct a movie that won Best Picture at the Academy Awards when I wasn't looking?

No, I said Ben praised Zack which sounds like he's not dipping his toe trying to help or direct parts of this movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon Good point.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: But someone mentioned Affleck being the better director and you said "nope" and then mentioned the praise.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Hey, stop delegitimizing SW's status as a Superman fan. He owns SEVERAL trades from Pre-52 Superman! So, y'know, he's basically as true a fan as you.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@saint_wildcard: But someone mentioned Affleck being the better director and you said "nope" and then mentioned the praise.

If that's what it sounded it like, that's not what I meant.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers