Batman V Superman VS My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Will The Greeks Fight Batman?

Read the full article on Forbes, but it looks like the Greeks will be going to war with Batman & Superman.

No Caption Provided

http://en.yibada.com/articles/34372/20150523/big-fat-greek-wedding-2-clashing-batman-v-superman-dawn.htm

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/my-big-fat-greek-wedding-2-set-for-march-25-against-batman-v-superman-1201503019/

=====================================================

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/05/22/batman-v-superman-gets-some-big-fat-competition/

From Forbes:

Remember that essay I wrote two weeks ago about the long list of would-be smaller films opening on the same day as would-be giant movies? The crux of the piece, or at least the excuse for the hit-bait headline, was that Beverly Hills Cop IV was moving out of the March 25th, 2016 slot and thus leaving Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justiceunopposed. Well, Universal/Comcast Corp. has just announced that they are releasing My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 on March 25th, 2016. That’s right, the sequel to what is arguably the leggiest movie of all time is opening head-to-head with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I could make a joke about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice fleeing its release date once again, but that would be mean.

Read the Full Article On Forbes.

Will this Chick Flick put a dent in Batman V Superman earnings? As Mad Max learned, don't underestimate the Chick Flick.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

this has to be a LIE

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman v Superman should stay put.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LOL nope, you call this competition

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

lololol. And people wonder why they moved from the spot they shared with Civil War. They're going to make bank rolls in this slot.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kfabz-23

Batman v Superman is a 4 quadrant movie, Greek Wedding 2 is literally committing suicide going up against BvS. Battlefield did the same thing against Avengers and got slaughtered.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There`s a pretty big difference between Pitch Perfect 2 and Greek Wedding 2. Pitch Perfect 2 is a sequel to a fairly recent movie that was following the lead of the hugely successful Glee. Greek Wedding is a sequel made a more than a decade after the first one came out.

Batman and Superman are both much more well known characters than Max Rockatansky and BvS is riding the wave of superhero movies. Not to mention that the last Mad Max movie was 30 years ago, but Superman and Batman both have had hits in the last 10 years. So BvS has a much more built-in audience than Max just by name recognition alone.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I gotta say, I did love the first My Big Fat Greek Wedding seeing as my nan's Cypriot so I really get the comedy. I'll still probably go see Batman and Superman first though.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: and if Batman v Superman was out the same time as Mad Max, BvS would probably win by a bit.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

@kfabz-23 said:

Batman v Superman is a 4 quadrant movie, Greek Wedding 2 is literally committing suicide going up against BvS. Battlefield did the same thing against Avengers and got slaughtered.

This.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely forgot MBFGW was even a thing, I need to watch it again I recall it being good. Anyways, I don't see it being a threat tbh. It's a mostly forgotten franchise that will most likely fail just on the grounds of being a sequel to a romantic comedy.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS: My Big Buff Greek Amazon

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yep

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'm going to make a wild assumption here and say different demographic.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think MBFGW might have a chance to make some decent money or at least not be entirely killed. It'd be a nice alternative to a superhero movie that has comedy and a bit of romance. The first movie was hilarious and I do like the idea of a sequel. But I'd definitely watch BvS over it.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Should still be an easy W for BvS.

They're not really competing for the same audience, but I'll have to see what My Big Fat Greek Wedding has planned in casting before I judge.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump