Batman v Superman- Trailer Breakdown

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Edited By SaintWildcard

I made a thread for what the trailer suggested a while ago, mostly in terms of what it meant for Superman, but with the HD trailer out we get a lot more a better look at details that we might have missed with the leaked version. I will admit, after watching a few videos on the matter I myself missed some stuff. With no further delay, here we go.

1. 0:13- We are started off with talks from TV commentators on the subject of Superman.
  2. 0:19- A statue of Superman is in the shadows as we get closer and closer to it. I think the statue was built in the middle of where the final battle between Superman and Zod began.
  3. 0:22- A detail I missed when watching the leaked version is that the people in the skull make up, are all Latin. Possibly a Day of the Dead (INB4 MoS jokes) celebration. Either the face paint is meant to symbolize something, or he just happened to be there and had just saved them. The people in the crowd are reaching out for him, but he doesn't seem to be loving this level of admiration.
  4. 0:23- Neil Degrasse Tyson's second appearance in the world of Superman. He was asked about it, but said he can't say anything because he was sworn too secrecy.
  5. 0:31- Superman stopping a Russian satellite from crashing.
  6. 0:39- This was something I missed with the leaked version. If you look at it in Ful HD, you'll notice that the guards/task force, they have S-Symbols on their shoulders. Not that weird considering they are bowing to him. This scene takes place in the sewers from the looks of it. Maybe he's taking down Batman or there is a situation that requires Superman down there.
  7. 0:40- While some of the people speaking aren't being blatantly negative, we hear the voice of reason IMO say "Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing" .....T-T. I like to think this mirrors how the media tends to put be blinded by fear and tries to drum up views by scaring people (Fox News).
  8. 0:41- We hear what is Jesse's Lex bash Superman.
  9. 0:48- A woman holding her hand up is looking at Superman floating in the air. I'll be honest, this scene scares me a bit as to what it may imply.
  10. 0:53- Angry crowd chanting "Go Home!" as we get closer and closer to the Superman statue.
  11. 0:58- The Superman statue has "False God" spray painted on it.
  12. 0:59- Jeremy Irons as Alfred starts talking. IMO it seems to be him saying this too Bruce, but some suggest that maybe it's about Lex or Superman.
  13. 1:02- First look at Ben Wayne or Bruce Affleck. Obviously older and he looks pissed. Can't tell where he is. It looks like maybe someone is taking pictures of him or it's just a flickering light or maybe it's just a thunder storm.
  14. 1:12- First look at the Batfleck suit. Now it sorta implies that point 13 happened in the Batcave, but that seemed to have taken place in a room with Windows. But most likely it was just the Batcave.
  15. 1:21- Batfleck seems to be investigating something. It looks like maybe it's a room of a prior battle. It could be one of his, or the place where Superman snapped ZOd's neck. Also, you can see a very Riddler type question mark spray painted on a pillar.
  16. 1:23- What seems to be the possible Batwing, is shooting a bunch of trucks and gunmen. But it also implies that it shoots at the Batmobile.
  17. 1:25- Batmobile
  18. 1:29- Batfleck coming out of a wrecked ship or plane.
  19. 1:32- Bafleck way up high, holding what looks like a sniper. I thought he was just holding onto a bar, but in HD you see a sniper like shape.
  20. 1:37- White eyed TDKR Batfleck armor. Looking at Superman in the sky, looking down on him. This fight seems to be taking place in an abandoned area, most likely Gotham.

So fellow fans, did you enjoy seeing all these little hints? Did I miss something? Did I show you something you may have missed? Thoughts?

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I pray to God that this won't become another "Superman is evil and good ol Batgod save the day" nonsense.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pray to God that this won't become another "Superman is evil and good ol Batgod save the day" nonsense.

I honestly don't get that vibe from the trailer at all, plus story wise both from build up and where the story is heading, it wouldn't make sense. I know people who see this trailer and think that people used to love him, but now they hate him. I see it as people being on opposite sides of the spectrum. Some people worship him and some people hate/fear him. Clark isn't the kind of guy to love this type of admiration and he didn't seem to be enjoying it here. I see this movie ending on a very good note for Superman, like maybe he starts to break down the walls Bruce has built around himself after what (possibly) happened to Jason.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I kinda don't want this to be too much of a "dark and gritty".

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda don't want this to be too much of a "dark and gritty".

I like to think of it as focusing on the story and not relying on gimmicks and jokes. Nowadays a movie being dark and gritty is looked down upon, but if a movie is at least funny, it could be mediocre but they'll give it a pass cus they enjoyed it. So being Dark and Gritty isn't really a gimmick a studio can easily use anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice blog, Saint. I'll admit the HD version of the trailer looked far better than the cam version obviously. But I may be slightly biased as I still can't wait to see Supes back on the big screen. I'm liking the theme of him being treated as a saviour and I'm also liking the fact that he's distressed by the fact. He seems really sad and disheartened that people are worshiping him. Worst thing is the last line. It reeks of Miller's batman and TDKR. Not thrilled about it though. Still colour me interested and looking forward to it.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

I know they will follow this theme.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By stormshadow_x

Awesome. Just Sad movies like this and other DC movies won't make half of what marvel makes simply because they rely on story and a interesting plot instead of one liners and constant jokes.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Squalleon

@fuzzylittlerodent said:

No, it won't be that. It will be "Superman is someone who you shouldn't looking up to and care about and Batman will show you that you should look up to yourselves(because Bats is an every day human) by punching Superman in the face." "Because he is Batman".

Anyway from the trailer and the mediocre execute of the concepts of MoS I think this movie will fail in passing its concepts correctly. If the trailer showed me something is that Snyder can't convey a message subtly: "False God", the soldier's kneeling, if the trailer was a little less subtle, it would come to your house and beat the ideas in your head with...a bat! You can't make serious movies if your audience is the lowest common denominator.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

Honestly I like that Superman is getting such scrutiny. This is basically what would happen in the real world, sh*t, how many people say Obama and Prince William are the Anti-Christ? Imagine if a Demi-God showed up. Everybody would be flipping out, social media would be ablaze, how would religious figures, politicians etc react? It's a really interesting way to take it. I like that Superman is going to have to earn the trust of humanity and his, 'Man of Tomorrow' status.

All that being said, it can't be too dark, at the end of the day, these are people who can throw around cars and flyi around in spangly outfits and capes; you can only go so far with it.

Still not happy about Eisenberg, but I did like his voice in this trailer if that counts for anything. This isn't gonna be the Lex that we've been waiting for, but I hope it's good nonetheless.

Best moment of the trailer was when Superman slammed into the rainwater.

I noticed the Riddler mark too, Joe is also written on the wall which made me think of the Joker (JJoker takes the name Joseph Kerr in the comics-- a stretch, I know) and wondered if that is Arkham, since there have been rumours about Suicide Squad actually taking place before BvS and possibly ending in a breakout. A massive leap I know. I think it's more likely that that is the building Superman killed Zod in.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

@fuzzylittlerodent said:

No, it won't be that. It will be "Superman is someone who you shouldn't looking up to and care about and Batman will show you that you should look up to yourselves(because Bats is an every day human) by punching Superman in the face." "Because he is Batman".

Anyway from the trailer and the mediocre execute of the concepts of MoS I think this movie will fail in passing its concepts correctly. If the trailer showed me something is that Snyder can't convey a message subtly: "False God", the soldier's kneeling, if the trailer was a little less subtle, it would come to your house and beat the ideas in your head with...a bat! You can't make serious movies if your audience is the lowest common denominator.

You been to church? People kneel for a god the never met, I honestly think you're underestimating the human race and how we'd react to a man god. People in the comics were going to commit suicide for Superman, wars have been started for less.

Edit- Also no to that entire thing you wrote about Batman... no, just..... No

NO!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I like that Superman is getting such scrutiny. This is basically what would happen in the real world, sh*t, how many people say Obama and Prince William are the Anti-Christ? Imagine if a Demi-God showed up. Everybody would be flipping out, social media would be ablaze, how would religious figures, politicians etc react? It's a really interesting way to take it. I like that Superman is going to have to earn the trust of humanity and his, 'Man of Tomorrow' status.

Too true my friend. The themes in this movie gave me chills. Definitely isn't some rinse and repeat "Mustache twirling bad guy shows up and the hero stops him" movie. It rivals that of the X-Men movies theme which is racism and close mindedness.

Still not happy about Eisenberg, but I did like his voice in this trailer if that counts for anything. This isn't gonna be the Lex that we've been waiting for, but I hope it's good nonetheless.

I think the role he'll be playing will be damn close to the comics, but he just doens't fit the role. That being said, I hope for the best.

Best moment of the trailer was when Superman slammed into the rainwater.

Best moment for me was the voice or reason among the commentators

I noticed the Riddler mark too, Joe is also written on the wall which made me think of the Joker (JJoker takes the name Joseph Kerr in the comics-- a stretch, I know) and wondered if that is Arkham, since there have been rumours about Suicide Squad actually taking place before BvS and possibly ending in a breakout. A massive leap I know. I think it's more likely that that is the building Superman killed Zod in.

It could be the building where he killed Zod, but why would it be closed down if it was? It honestly wasn't even wrecked. Only the room and some minor damage via Heat Vision was done to it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@fuzzylittlerodent said:

You been to church? People kneel for a god the never met, I honestly think you're underestimating the human race and how we'd react to a man god. People in the comics were going to commit suicide for Superman, wars have been started for less.

I would actually find it more logical for someone to kneel to an idea of an all powerful being that exists in my history and lore as a human for 2000 years than a confirmed alien with Super-human powers, that showed he isn't any more human than us by having to result in un-godly acts. Superman in the comics also has a lore behind him to excuse such actions. He saves the earth for years, while being constantly the embodiment of hope and humanity's favorite son and champion. MoS just doesn't have that characterization as of yet. It is a huge leap from the last movie.

And the "false god" is the least subtle thing they could write. Simple vandalism or "alien go home" would be I feel more real. Because someone who didn't take Superman as a god, would at least be skeptical enough to write something like that and not something so dramatic and uncharacteristic like "false god".

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, all that is taken out of context maybe that's why they don't bode so well.

But MoS had some scenes like these that I found plain silly (J. Kent's death for example).

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I also don't want it to be gimmicks and jokes. That turned out so well for Iron Man 3 and Avengers.

I want it to focus on a story without cracking too many corny jokes but at the same time cheers you up.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would actually find it more logical for someone to kneel to an idea of an all powerful being that exists in my history and lore as a human for 2000 years than a confirmed alien with Super-human powers, that showed he isn't any more human than us by having to result in un-godly acts. Superman in the comics also has a lore behind him to excuse such actions. He saves the earth for years, while being constantly the embodiment of hope and humanity's favorite son and champion. MoS just doesn't have that characterization as of yet. It is a huge leap from the last movie.

You've honestly never been exposed to the concept of cults if you really think it takes that long to have a following. Superman is a proven fact in their world, cult leaders get followers by being good motivational speakers. And considering he's said that he's here to help, and he has been for atleast 2 years according to rumors it's not like he's proving people wrong. He saves people, he does things no one can understand, people in real life label certain people Anti Christs just because they have qualities they think are that of the Anti Christ. ALso, you can't quote the lore of Superman when talking about the time people tried to kill themselves, at best Superman has been Superman for a decade in that world, so don't try to apply logic by using his 75 year history. And on that note, the fact that you think people killing themselves is less corny than people bowing shows a weird sense prioritization.

And the "false god" is the least subtle thing they could write. Simple vandalism or "alien go home" would be I feel more real. Because someone who didn't take Superman as a god, would at least be skeptical enough to write something like that and not something so dramatic and uncharacteristic like "false god".

Go home would have been way more cheesy. False God has a sense of poetry, Go Home sounds like a teenager wrote it.

In the end, you overestimate the human race. And considering what we are shown is probably only a small percentage of the human race, to say that not even that would act as they did in the BvS trailer, strikes me as misinformed

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch it. My wife wants to watch it because of Ben Affleck (...).

I won't make the same mistake again, and my kids will have to wait this time (I was with them for MoS).

To make @saint_wildcard happy, I'm not that angry anymore against MoS. If that's the way Superman is going to be on the big screen these days, well so be it.

I just hope that DC/Warner will be able to build on these strange foundations for their DCCU in order to give us a real JL, a Superman eventually back on track and even more important, a Batman that is not the only major character around.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: I was actually thinking it could have been torn apart by Superman haters. None of the big physical structures like columns and walls are actually destroyed, there's just lots of wood all over the floor, debris, vandalism and general decay from being left for a while.

I've actually decided that I'd rather it be nothing like comic Lex, if they try and force that upon Eisenberg (who in my opinion simply can't pull that off) it's gonna be a mess and painful to watch. He's gonna be Lex in function but not style, demeanour or personality. I'm just going to try and disassociate and enjoy it for what it is.

I mean he's not a bad actor, I've just never seen much diversity from him, there are many good actors who are the same.

Gadot I can't get around. I watched her in F&F and she's just flat-out a bad actress, she just can't Goddamn act, she doesn't look like she can lay a beat down on somebody and she doesn't look like Wonder Woman. If she were at least a good actress, I could easily get over the other two, if she had the other two, I wouldn't be happy, but at least I could cling to something. Gal just has nothing going for her that I can see, I hope I eat my words and she kills it, but from what I've seen of her she stinks.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've honestly never been exposed to the concept of cults if you really think it takes that long to have a following. Superman is a proven fact in their world, cult leaders get followers by being good motivational speakers. And considering he's said that he's here to help, and he has been for atleast 2 years according to rumors it's not like he's proving people wrong. He saves people, he does things no one can understand, people in real life label certain people Anti Christs just because they have qualities they think are that of the Anti Christ. ALso, you can't quote the lore of Superman when talking about the time people tried to kill themselves, at best Superman has been Superman for a decade in that world, so don't try to apply logic by using his 75 year history. And on that note, the fact that you think people killing themselves is less corny than people bowing shows a weird sense prioritization.

The problem is the trailer for a "realistic" take is very black and white. The shades are either kneel and try to touch Superman or "False God" and dramatic one-liners. No shades of grey, we see only the extremes that make it look silly. We see the overreaction. And I am speaking from what I seen, I don't care about the rumors. The trailer alone should be able to show me exactly what it needs.
Exactly, Superman in comics have been Superman for decades. That's why he gets that treatment and is justifiable and only by selected cults.
Who killed who know?

Go home would have been way more cheesy. False God has a sense of poetry, Go Home sounds like a teenager wrote it.

In the end, you overestimate the human race. And considering what we are shown is probably only a small percentage of the human race, to say that not even that would act as they did in the BvS trailer, strikes me as misinformed

Cheesy but it would convey the message of a false god figure better than "false god", reminding of his true nature. And yes probably a teenager wrote it! And not many teenagers I know, end up writing poetic stuff on the walls, but mostly tags and stupid slogans.

If the trailer didn't convey its messages clearly it is its problem.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Arrow

I think that the Day of the Death might relate to the deaths in Metropolis in some way (Or maybe Superman is one that thinks about that when he arrives).

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

The problem is the trailer for a "realistic" take is very black and white. The shades are either kneel and try to touch Superman or "False God" and dramatic one-liners. No shades of grey, we see only the extremes that make it look silly. We see the overreaction. And I am speaking from what I seen, I don't care about the rumors. The trailer alone should be able to show me exactly what it needs.

Who killed who know?

Except it did show you a shade of gray. You see both the negative and positive shade of gray when the commentators are speaking. One guy questions where his loyalties/purposes are, while the other says that in his opinion, Superman just seems like a good guy trying to do good. The point of the movie is to show how Superman deals with the extremes, we've see Clark deal with with the middle in the comics. And the fact that you wanna see the shades of gray (which we did) in the trailer is weird. You wanna see the boring stuff apparently.

Exactly, Superman in comics have been Superman for decades. That's why he gets that treatment and is justifiable and only by selected cults.

You can't use that excuse dude, the comics in which I saw the people killing themselves, Clark isn't that old. It looks as if it happened within the first 5 years of his career, which is not that far off.

Edit- Also, let's not forget that Superman doesn't age with the comic. He's not 75 or 100+ years old. He's at best in his early 30's in most cases. So the world decides to commit suicide within that time span.

Cheesy but it would convey the message of a false god figure better than "false god", reminding of his true nature.

I'll chalk this up to opinions. But the fact that you still think suicide is more acceptable than kneeling doesn't bode well for your case. Cus I think most people would side with me more on that one.

If the trailer didn't convey its messages clearly it is its problem.

If you want the answers spoon fed to you, that is the problem. The movie is set in the real world, the fact that you don't know the world you live in very well and underestimate how stupid some people can be, is the real problem.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the Day of the Death might relate to the deaths in Metropolis in some way (Or maybe Superman is one that thinks about that when he arrives).

If it was a diverse group of people, I would say it's some sort of dis or celebration towards Superman, but considering the group looks mostly Mexican, he must have saved people during the Day of the Dead celebration.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

If it was a diverse group of people, I would say it's some sort of dis or celebration towards Superman, but considering the group looks mostly Mexican, he must have saved people during the Day of the Dead celebration.

I know but I think that Superman is going to relate it the people that day in Metropolis in some way or form. If not why would they put such an scene that it's in the Day of the Dead if there is no symbology to it? Besides it kinda reminds to the scene that Zod and Superman talk about what he is going to do to the planet and Superman gets dragged into the ground because of the bodies of humans, this scene seems similar because the people are painted like the death and they are trying to reach to him. Maybe I am just overanalizing.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except it did show you a shade of gray. You see both the negative and positive shade of gray when the commentators are speaking. One guy questions where his loyalties/purposes are, while the other says that in his opinion, Superman just seems like a good guy trying to do good. The point of the movie is to show how Superman deals with the extremes, we've see Clark deal with with the middle in the comics. And the fact that you wanna see the shades of gray (which we did) in the trailer is weird. You wanna see the boring stuff apparently.

How is that grey? Its very polarizing edges. Or are you suggesting that all people are either in one side or the other. Lets take this part as a meta comment on the movie. The only ones still busting their a$$es of attacking or defending MoS are us. Most non-comicbook fans don't give a second tought about MoS.
I actually didn't have a problem with Supes, because he seems tired trying to do good with all that going around, making his job hard. Expected to see him weary
Yes. I wanna get a complete feel about the movie. Because the boring stuff, will still be in there, so I want to get a complete view. The best part of the trailer was the commentator voices.

You can't use that excuse dude, the comics in which I saw the people killing themselves, Clark isn't that old. It looks as if it happened within the first 5 years of his career, which is not that far off.

Which will that be. If that is the AoS issue, then that is purely speculation and most of that is building on knowing Superman already. But the vague timeline and classic suit, usually implies the seasoned pre-52 Superman which didn't look like an old man at all.

So you can't exactly speculate the timeline when the timeline is vague on purpose.

Cheesy but it would convey the message of a false god figure better than "false god", reminding of his true nature.

I'll chalk this up to opinions. But the fact that you still think suicide is more acceptable than kneeling doesn't bode well for your case. Cus I think most people would side with me more on that one.

I don't think that suicide is more acceptable. And I don't think I have said that either. It seemed to have a misunderstanding going on hence the "Who killed who" comment I wrote previously BUT, a little cult expecting Superman WILL SAVE THEM (so it is not suicide) and again A SMALL cult, is more believable than the entire population of earth, as the trailer implies. Because of the kneeling, the trying to touch him etc, don't single out one scene, the majority of it, implies extremes! While in the comic, it was a small, very small, cult.

But the movie isn't set in the real world, hence it is a movie, hence there is a guy who wears a BATSUIT in it and a freaking ALIEN. This is a world from Snyder's perspective and as far as I know Snyder isn't an omniscient being to know exactly what human beings reactions would be. Its a speculation.
And I don't dis-regard the fact that stupid people will exist in every world but why should we focus on them!

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: why shud we focus on stupid ppl? So they can make omelet jokes

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@squalleon: why shud we focus on stupid ppl? So they can make omelet jokes

Don't swift this to AoU.

AoU knows that it is popcorn entertainment. It knows its audience is the casual viewer who just wants to have a good time.

BvS tries to reach to more than that. And I respect that. It needs balls. But it also needs more skill.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is that grey? Its very polarizing edges. Or are you suggesting that all people are either in one side or the other. Lets take this part as a meta comment on the movie. The only ones still busting their a$$es of attacking or defending MoS are us. Most non-comicbook fans don't give a second tought about MoS.

Yes. I wanna get a complete feel about the movie. Because the boring stuff, will still be in there, so I want to get a complete view. The best part of the trailer was the commentator voices.

A movie and an alien being on earth are two different things. The fact that you tried to compare the two is saddening. And the fact that you think people being in the grey has to be indifference is an unrealistic expectation. If anything, the person questioning his purpose is as close to the grey that you want. A person who questions what the person is doing here but doesn't bash or love Superman. Also by definition, black and white are the extremes, the scenarios are the more moderate opinion on Superman. The fact that you wanna see people be like "meh" about Superman, makes me glad you're not a writer. Seriously, how would you convey that middle? Tell me.

I actually didn't have a problem with Supes, because he seems tired trying to do good with all that going around, making his job hard. Expected to see him weary

I'm going to enjoy seeing that theme explored in the movie.

Which will that be. If that is the AoS issue, then that is purely speculation and most of that is building on knowing Superman already. But the vague timeline and classic suit, usually implies the seasoned pre-52 Superman which didn't look like an old man at all.So you can't exactly speculate the timeline when the timeline is vague on purpose.

Did an edit that made my point better. Here it is

Edit- Also, let's not forget that Superman doesn't age with the comic. He's not 75 or 100+ years old. He's at best in his early 30's in most cases. So the world decides to commit suicide within that time span.

I don't think that suicide is more acceptable. And I don't think I have said that either. It seemed to have a misunderstanding going on hence the "Who killed who" comment I wrote previously BUT, a little cult expecting Superman WILL SAVE THEM (so it is not suicide) and again A SMALL cult, is more believable than the entire population of earth, as the trailer implies. Because of the kneeling, the trying to touch him etc, don't single out one scene, the majority of it, implies extremes! While in the comic, it was a small, very small, cult.

Yes, but that small cult took place only in Metropolis. Let's that same percentage and apply it to the rest of the world. America is moderately religious, let's take a gander at countries who are a bit more extreme about religion. How would they react to a being who possibly debunks their beliefs?

But the movie isn't set in the real world, hence it is a movie, hence there is a guy who wears a BATSUIT in it and a freaking ALIEN. This is a world from Snyder's perspective and as far as I know Snyder isn't an omniscient being to know exactly what human beings reactions would be. Its a speculation.

Let me put it this way, it's just like an else world where things are different. Like Red Son or Speeding Bullets. I think most people can agree that humans would react to Superman that way, you seem to be one of the few that don't for some weird reason. Every Youtube video I've seen that talks about that subject can agree with it. It's perplexing to see that you don't, and wanted to see someone say "meh"

And I don't dis-regard the fact that stupid people will exist in every world but why should we focus on them!

Likewise, why should we focus on the people that say "meh"..... seriously, I can't get over the fact that that's what you consider grey and you wanted to see that

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: that's exactly what it is. Do you really not see the level of ignoramus talking heads in today's political spectrum? Stupid people dominate these types of things.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SaintWildcard

If the people that wanted to commit suicide in Metropolis was 100, and Metropolis had 10 million people. Mathematically, there would be about 80,000 people on Earth who would do the same.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A movie and an alien being on earth are two different things. The fact that you tried to compare the two is saddening. And the fact that you think people being in the grey has to be indifference is an unrealistic expectation. If anything, the person questioning his purpose is as close to the grey that you want. A person who questions what the person is doing here but doesn't bash or love Superman. Also by definition, black and white are the extremes, the scenarios are the more moderate opinion on Superman. The fact that you wanna see people be like "meh" about Superman, makes me glad you're not a writer. Seriously, how would you convey that middle? Tell me.

Not indifference but logical. Debating about the true problems and perks of a being like Superman. What if he turns evil? What will happen socially, economically? Will he harm the evolutionary process? Those are the question, I expect people to want to answer (And that's how I would convey the middle.) Rather than people trying to reach out to Superman, or seeing him build as either a savior or an anti-christ.

You just keep assuming things, I said I feel the reactions are too extreme. Yet you assumed people who are not in the extremes should not care. Wrong, wrong wrong, stop assuming and if you have any questions ask them.

Stop trying to sound smart, "I am glad you are not a writer" or "compare the two is saddening". When you don't fully grasp the concept.

I'm going to enjoy seeing that theme explored in the movie.

Me too. I think.

Yes, but that small cult took place only in Metropolis. Let's that same percentage and apply it to the rest of the world. America is moderately religious, let's take a gander at countries who are a bit more extreme about religion. How would they react to a being who possibly debunks their beliefs?

My point was the small percentage rather than the location. Even in Metropolis a grand NY-like city a very very small cult of a couple dozen people were crazy enough.

And I don't disagree with the intention but with the execution. The trailer was full of extremes in a grey world. Extremes I don't care about.

Let me put it this way, it's just like an else world where things are different. Like Red Son or Speeding Bullets. I think most people can agree that humans would react to Superman that way, you seem to be one of the few that don't for some weird reason. Every Youtube video I've seen that talks about that subject can agree with it. It's perplexing to see that you don't, and wanted to see someone say "meh"

Its just the questions asked are ones I don't care about. And I answered previously what questions I would prefer the movie to tackle.

And again assuming, assuming, assuming.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not indifference but logical. Debating about the true problems and perks of a being like Superman. What if he turns evil? What will happen socially, economically? Will he harm the evolutionary process? Those are the question, I expect people to want to answer (And that's how I would convey the middle.) Rather than people trying to reach out to Superman, or seeing him build as either a savior or an anti-christ.

Uhh, did you not hear Neil Degrasse Tyson? He pretty much stated that Superman being here makes us question our place in the universe. Implying that there is a philosophical debate going on about it. That lady saying that we're not asking the right questions and that we are simply wowed by what he's done also conveys that. The question of what will happen if he goes evil is a given.

You just keep assuming things, I said I feel the reactions are too extreme. Yet you assumed people who are not in the extremes should not care. Wrong, wrong wrong, stop assuming and if you have any questions ask them.

One not trusting and an other trusting is not extreme. You seems to not understand what extreme means. Questioning what he's doing here is what you're saying is the middle, which was in the trailer. You're getting way too specific.

Stop trying to sound smart, "I am glad you are not a writer" or "compare the two is saddening". When you don't fully grasp the concept.

Yes, because you think people have these type of questions. The most basic instinct we have is to form an opinion about things with little information. That is the more messed up and interesting part about society.

My point was the small percentage rather than the location. Even in Metropolis a grand NY-like city a very very small cult of a couple dozen people were crazy enough.

It was hundreds, and by doing the math it's 100's of thousands world wide.

And I don't disagree with the intention but with the execution. The trailer was full of extremes in a grey world. Extremes I don't care about.

Again, you don't understand extremes. You are applying black and white logic to the extreme. Let's use a scale from 1-10. If people had a reaction from 1-4, you apparently consider that an extreme, if people had a reaction from 6-10 that's also an extreme according to the logic you've set up. Most normal people don't have such a black and white view of things to such a level.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Uhh, did you not hear Neil Degrasse Tyson? He pretty much stated that Superman being here makes us question our place in the universe. Implying that there is a philosophical debate going on about it. That lady saying that we're not asking the right questions and that we are simply wowed by what he's done also conveys that. The question of what will happen if he goes evil is a given.

I did. That's why I said the best part of the trailer was shoved in commentators voice, yet the main theme became religion. These themes were forced into a corner and the religion aspect took four scenes, in a two minute teaser. Lost potential.

It was hundreds, and by doing the math it's 100's of thousands world wide.

I will have to re-check it, I think they were fewer. But still is it worth it to spend time thinking about what those 100 thousands are thinking in a 7 billion people world?

Again, you don't understand extremes. You are applying black and white logic to the extreme. Let's use a scale from 1-10. If people had a reaction from 1-4, you apparently consider that an extreme, if people had a reaction from 6-10 that's also an extreme according to the logic you've set up. Most normal people don't have such a black and white view of things to such a level.

Isn't people trying to touch Superman like he would heal them an extreme? Is it something you would paint a 6 or a 4? Would you see yourself doing that?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone think that with people thinking supes a god that there might be a church of superman going on maybe that why the soilder are kneeling cause there from the church of superman

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By legacy6364

My sources say Wenjun Chew has a cameo.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Okay you got Neil Degrasse Tyson..... That's all that matters.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Snyder put a lot of feel into MoS, everyone talks about the ending too much. What they never mention is all the amazing shots and scenes with the parents, kid Clark, running through the fields. Being in the background of his own movie at the start. I hope he doesn't lose that great character building.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: The one thing that you seem to have missed is that Alfred seems to be talking to Batman about Batman. It fits much better if you consider that he is implying that Bruce feels powerless and it will turn him cruel. Hence: "Will you bleed?" Also, the batplane shooting down people + Superman soldiers, might be Luthor's ploy to turn them against each other.

^This makes more sense imo.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling that they are going to release a trailer from Superman's point of view at some point.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:

I did. That's why I said the best part of the trailer was shoved in commentators voice, yet the main theme became religion. These themes were forced into a corner and the religion aspect took four scenes, in a two minute teaser. Lost potential.

First of all, you said for months that you have no expectations for this movie, and after seeing it a while ago you said that you didn't even think that the people on this movie couldn even pull it off, how is the question of Superman's effect on evolution any better?. I think what bugs me the most about you coming down on this movie is how flip floppy you've been on it. If you had zero expectations for the movie to begin with, shouldn't you at least admire that this movie isn't going to be a movie that copies the Marvel formula? The question on whether Superman would turn evil is implied by the fact that people think he's a threat even though he's doing nothing but good, why does it have to come from some philosophical/scientist stand point for it matter? He's going to try and prove them wrong anyway. Some of the questions you want asked Superman can't answer anyway, nor would I want him to anyway. It robs from the image of "just a guy trying to do the right thing", if he can answer these questions.

I will have to re-check it, I think they were fewer. But still is it worth it to spend time thinking about what those 100 thousands are thinking in a 7 billion people world?

Because the people you want to take front and center would be boring to deal with and considering this is meant to be a teaser for a movie that comes out in 11 months, they need to show some razzle dazzle. The hard hitting questions you want are in there, but they need to show something, and people praising/hating him is more visually engaging than a bunch of nerds asking questions. As for why they matter, because again, the affect the world and Superman directly, nerds asking questions about evolution and whether he's good or not don't. So Superman should just ignore thousands and thousand of people causing mayhem (maybe killing) or creating cults (killing/suicide) all over the world because of him? He got enough sh*t cus he didn't stay in Metropolis and not saving his dad.

Isn't people trying to touch Superman like he would heal them an extreme? Is it something you would paint a 6 or a 4? Would you see yourself doing that?

Again, I said I want this movie to deal with the extremes. Most people do, the nerdy questions you want answered are in there, but the concept of what a character like Superman would cause the world to do is more engaging. Plus it's the first time we've seen it on the big screen, it's not "wasted potential" as you call it. It can't be cus it's never been done (or at the very least it's not been done in a CBM).

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well its awesome for me

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like its going to be darker than MoS(which was already waaay too overly serious and grey-filtered for my taste). My roommates want to watch this together, but I think I'll pass on it. Call me when WB starts making uplifting DC films instead.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like its going to be darker than MoS(which was already waaay too overly serious and grey-filtered for my taste). My roommates want to watch this together, but I think I'll pass on it. Call me when WB starts making uplifting DC films instead.

Call me when Marvel breaks away from their formula and has good villains that aren't jokes

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: You're right, Marvel villains are jokes, but I haven't seen notice any Marvel formula yet other than the typical 'underdog gets back at the big bad' story thats as expected of Hollywood. However, DC's current recipe of going dark and darker is going to spell disaster, good villains or not. At the end of the day, everything depends on how awesome your hero is. All of Marvel's movies showcased how interesting, funny, quick-witted, resourceful, or whatever their heroes are. Whilst DC films didn't seem to get that much character developement/showcasing going on. All we know is that the hero is powerful and troubled. They need to work on that asap.

DC has its grimdark formula, and Marvel has its fly-off-by-the-seat-of-your-pants formula. Only time will tell which works the best.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What i got from the trailer is that it will be the other way. Batman will be more of the evil one.

Superman is the good guy, but he is new in the superhero buissness. Batman is a veteran and he gets pissed that people don't care about Batman anymore and that Kal-El killed half metropolis and people still worship him as a god, so Bruce goes out to stop and talk to Superman before some big ass action. Of course, they have diffrent opinions on what Superman should do and how he should act and they clash.

Uk2897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Saint.. From what I've seen ur one of the biggest Superman fans on the vine. Keep up the great work :D