Batman Under the RedHood vs Justice League Flashpoint Paradox

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll Batman Under the RedHood vs Justice League Flashpoint Paradox (24 votes)

Batman 67%
Justice League 33%

Which one do you prefer? I say Batman but Flashpoint is really close.

• 
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Flashpoint Paradox since I'm a sucker for Barry Allen

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HumanRocket

Flashpoint because of Barry Allan and Zoom.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Under the Red Hood

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Veshark

Under the Red Hood by a mile. Flashpoint is one of the better recent animated movies and I enjoyed it, but UTRH is just on a whole other level. UTRH took the original story, refined it, and earned its PG-13 rating by delivering a concise and mature superhero story.

It also helps that Flashpoint had a terrible art style.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@veshark said:

What was wrong with it?? Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was terrible.Some characters never looked better

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under the Red Hood. I will NEVER watch Flashpoint Paradox again in my life.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

What was wrong with it?? Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was terrible.Some characters never looked better

.....Um, alright, when I said it was terrible....obviously I was referring to my own personal opinion. I wasn't saying that it was objectively terrible. I thought that was implied.

Me, personally, the proportions for every character looked off. Steroid muscles are par for the course for superheroes, but this movie was just ridiculous and distracting. Comic heroes will always have exaggerated proportions, but this does not look right on any level:

No Caption Provided

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By the_comebacks

Under the Red Hood by a little. I really liked both. Flashpoint was a little too graphic for my taste. The art was different at times, but i think it was good that it was different because it would have been very weird to see some important characters really do some graphic violence. The alternative art style cushioned the scenes a little at least in my opinion.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

@veshark said:

.....Um, alright, when I said it was terrible....obviously I was referring to my own personal opinion. I wasn't saying that it was objectively terrible. I thought that was implied.

Me, personally, the proportions for every character looked off. Steroid muscles are par for the course for superheroes, but this movie was just ridiculous and distracting. Comic heroes will always have exaggerated proportions, but this does not look right on any level:

No Caption Provided

Phil Bourassa and the other line artists were obviously aiming for exaggerated proportions. Since that specific crew seems to be the consistent animators for WB animation right now he has to try to do different things so everything doesn;t look the same. Not every character looked like that anyways. So I guess you just had a problem with the character designs??

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve And that's all well and good - for all I know, you may be right, the animators could have been aiming for uber-exaggerated portrayals. But for me, personally, it wasn't to my tastes and I found it extremely distracting on a visual level. The characters and their proportions did not look aesthetically pleasing at all. And it wasn't just Aquaman, look at the rest of the superhero designs:

No Caption Provided

The pattern here seems to be tiny head, over-exaggerated upper torso, and elongated legs. Compare that to Bourassa's work on Crisis on Two Earths, where the proportions were a lot more in line with normal superhero stuff:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Under the Red Hood stomps. Unlike Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox, UTRH was better than its comic book counterpart. Flashpoint Paradox had absolutely horrid character designs in my opinion. Eobard Thawne was not that muscular, his chin was way too large, and was too bulky instead of slender like in the comic. The list goes on and on, and this is just Thawne. Flashpoint Paradox also had some unnecessary changes, such as Thomas shooting Thawne instead of stabbing him, that weren't that good and left a bad taste in my mouth. Under the Red Hood had three times the emotional impact, better action scenes, superior voice acting, slick and smooth animations/character designs, incredible pacing, and a polished story that was better than the comic.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the biggest fan of Bruce Greenwood Batman, but that didn't botch my opinion. UTRH was an amazing piece of animation. Tied with Batman Mask of The Phantasm for me.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashpoint Paradox also had some unnecessary changes, such as Thomas shooting Thawne instead of stabbing him,

How does thomas stabbing thawne make more sense than shooting him?