Batman/Superman Legalities

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Easternwind

So, aparently WB cant use certain characters from Batman in Arrow because of The new Gotham show.

What will that mean for Batman v Superman?

Do i have my info wrong?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By reaverlation

Me confused

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I am pretty sure Arrow and Flash and Gotham are NOT to be part of the DCCU.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, Gotham isn't even going to speak of Batman.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not a battle

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow and flash are trying to be a part of dc but the problem is nightwings appearance in arrow and the new bat vs suPes movie. Gotham is a weird random thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: Has Nightwing been confirmed for Arrow?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nerdchore

@xwraith: sort of. They were eiher going to introduce h8m their or have his own spinoff show like arrow and flash. But the actor they had planned for that is different than the one they have for the bats vs supes movie. So fans are bit pissed that they arent trying to combine the obvious success of the tv shows with the staryibg success of dc movies.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren@sc@god_spawn

Can you move this to general? I dont know what the hell is going on, every time I try to put a thread In general it ends up here..

Arrow and flash are trying to be a part of dc but the problem is nightwings appearance in arrow and the new bat vs suPes movie. Gotham is a weird random thing

well, NW in arrow would be ok, the only thing not owned by WB is gotham IIRC

Not a battle

Sorry, some sight glitch.... this happened to me twice, I even checked to make sure I was in general this time because of that...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11 JediXMan  Moderator

This isn't really a legal issue. WB owns all of it.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By LyraFay

@easternwind said:

So, aparently WB cant use certain characters from Batman in Arrow because of The new Gotham show.

What will that mean for Batman v Superman?

Do i have my info wrong?

Oh you are talking about WB's ban on how people (such as TV producers, animators etc) can use their DC characters in different media under WB's control. Yeah Batman isn't allowed on TV (unless WB want them there but Gotham is the exception) for example on Smallville, Green Arrow was used to replace Batman even though the creators asked for Batman (Arrow can do its own things but if WB is using that character on the big screen then they can't use it.) To WB, Batman belongs on the big screen and that where has to be used. Superman had less of a ban partly due to the 90s/2000s but he's slowly been only gonna be on the big screen only. I still think Batman isn't allowed of use on the CW though.

Also it isn't legal its all about compromise, if WB won't let you use Batman on a show then you have to use an alternative as I said before like Smallville. But we still aren't sure if they're combining TV/Movies together are we. WB/DC are different beast from Marvel/Disney remember.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@jedixman said:

This isn't really a legal issue. WB owns all of it.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tyger

IIRC, DC has said they are keeping Cinematic and Televised as separate entities, but are relaxing restrictions on who they can use. Not sure if they are going to do it the way Law & Order did, or just recast and reuse characters.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies don't fall to the squabbling of tv series they wont be affected by all that copy right crap or they simple pay to have it ... tv shows get funny cause there competing for popularity

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@xwraith: No, he was never confirmed at all. I think one of the writers or something said a while back that they wanted him to appear, but that's far from being confirmed.