Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain Cascader

Anyone notice that Batman is slowly gaining on Superman? I'll be happy if/when he can make it back to the top.

Not that I have anything against Superman... ok, well yes I do. While we're at it, I wouldn't even have hulk in the top 10. I think too many people read the Ultimates or something.

Raif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Raif

I hate Superman. I have no idea why I felt the need to put it her but now it is known. I hate his clear image and such, I want my heros to have drama and issues other then the limited ones that Superman seems to have. I did like Kingdom Come.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Captain Cascader

Raif says:

"I hate Superman. I have no idea why I felt the need to put it her but now it is known. I hate his clear image and such, I want my heros to have drama and issues other then the limited ones that Superman seems to have. I did like Kingdom Come."

The only Supes book I've ever really liked is Red Son. Mostly I just like Superman to be a side character in Batman books. I'm also one of the few people I know that really like The Dark Knight Strikes Again. I know the Dark Knight Returns is a best of comics type book, but I don't know why people hate Strikes Again so much. Batman totally kicks the shit out of Supes in it too :)

Le Francais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Le Francais

isn't it due in part because the voting system only asks you Battles with Batman ?

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

The thing is, is that most people who don't like/hate Superman have never read any mainstream Superman comics. It's not about him being powerful, or how much of a boyscout he is and how everyone loves him. It's about how the character leads his life, his strength of character, and the supporting characters around him. People think he has no problems, so they read Spider-Man. They're missing out on great stories.

Also, just for the sake of argument, Superman would level Batman in a heartbeat.
Post Edited:2007-01-07 08:46:54

Nod Nolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nod Nolan

I'd agree with am-pm... when you click "start voting now" on the Powers tab, it only comes up with Batman vs .......

Jack Spade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Jack Spade

Hulk not in the top ten? Hmm. Have you checked out Planet Hulk? And yeah, he does plenty of damage in the Ultimates, too.

As much as I agree that Batman would always find a way to shut Superman down, I have and always will appreciate Superman. He has plenty of drama, and he has an archetypical story worthy of any Greek myth. If anything, it is the fault of the writers that they don't exploit his "angst" more often, but then again I don't think that's what people buy Superman for most of the time.

unlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By unlink

If you're tired of voting on "Batman vs " then you can pick a power (say, "Super Smell") from the list on the left that Batman doesn't have, then start voting. Of course then you just get "Superman vs " but it's a change at least.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

Jack Spade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jack Spade

Okay. Okay. Let me rethink this one.

Chediablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chediablo

I think there's a difference between disliking Superman and disliking his comics.

Superman is a VERY simple character. The fact that writers manage to give depth to his stories through other characters and his interactions with them is something else entirely.

I have read my fare share of Superman because some of those stories are really good and great fun to read. But as a character, he's always been lacking... at least to me.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ebony Bishop

If Batman is so great, does he NEVER lose in his comics?

I suppose it would be out of character if someone, say, broke his back and put him out of commission for a while.

Shouldn't 'Bane' be on the top of the list, by that logic?

Also, Batman himself has admitted on at least two crossovers that Captain America is slightly better than him, and could potentially beat him. Why isn't HE at the top of the list.

They guy punched Thanos in the face when Thanos was omnipotent. I mean, DUDE. That's cojones.

Jack Spade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack Spade

Well, even the most powerful beings have weaknesses and get beat down every so often. Superman died.

I guess characters are only as interesting as their best writing. By that logic, Superman is no less compelling than any other "simple" character, like Batman. It just becomes a matter of taste.

Beomagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Beomagi

He and captain fought to a stalemate in access - without knowledge of his opponent.

While bane did break him, batman took down the guy that beat him - also, Prior to the attack, batman worked himself to exhaustion in an attempt to recapture all the inmates bane had freed.

If Rockman, Paperman and Edward Scissorhands all had it out, who will win?

He DOES have qualities that make up for his lack of power - the ability to lead and plan. Also loved Dark knight strikes again. But even then there's more - he aspires; because he believes he can achieve something most other more powerful characters dont even dream about - winning his near holy war against crime.

Frankly I think it ought to be a human on top - we're badass! There isnt anything we cannot do if we truly work for it - and who better than the zenith of human fortitude?

Chediablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chediablo

I agree.

A human should be on top. Just because. >_>

Actually, it would be much more poetic. Like saying it doesn't matter what you were born with, you don't have to have had the luck to be born an alien or a metahuman. If you work hard enough and you get smart enough, you should be praised. It's better to earn something than to be given it.

Shirizaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shirizaan

Beomagi says:

While bane did break him, batman took down the guy that beat him - also, Prior to the attack, batman worked himself to exhaustion in an attempt to recapture all the inmates bane had freed.

He got Azrael to take off his helmet? That's not really taking him down so much as it's exploiting a known psychological weakness... While I'm not debating that Batman is really smart, he does do that creepy thing where he "trains" young men and makes them wear tights. >_>

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck

BRIGHTLY colored tights...

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Batman has never beaten Superman, and has admitted that he can't beat him.

And what the hell is this Legends movie? Never heard of it before this.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The superman/batman movie is something they've been putting off for years. It got canceled but they still might do it after some more solo movies for each hero. But until then:
" />http://www.ifilm.com/video/2645491

Post Edited:2007-01-09 12:38:58

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Go read Hush again. He doesn't beat Superman, even with Kryptonite. While Batman's fighting him he says how superman could easily beat him. The only reason they were fighting in the first place was because Supes was being mind controlled, but he was still holding himself back so he wouldn't kill Bruce.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Yeah. Batman, with his Kryptonite ring on, punched Supes and almost broke his hand. Superman was unphased. Bats never gets the upper hand, even though they've never actually FOUGHT in the typical sense, it's just Superman holds back so that he doesn't eviscerate Batman.

I'd also like some examples of these "team-ups" where Batman beats Superman all the time. In continuity, by the way.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

wow this is so old

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@ebony_bishop: Must of been a ploy, anyone who has read Captain America & Batman would agree that Steve would be put down.

Although I really don't have alot of love for Superman, I really don't think batman should catch up to him on the powers list.