#1 Edited by Strider92 (16251 posts) - - Show Bio

As we saw in Justice League #21 Batman has plans to take out the JLA if push came to shove.

And in Justice League Dark #14 we saw that John Constantine has been mapping out heroes and superpowered beings from the JLA to Stormwatch.

Aquaman....who cares!?

We also saw one of John's plans for the JLA put into action when his doppelgangers used Constatines own knowledge of Flash to seal him in a magic circle:

Who has the best chance of actually pulling these plans off? and do you think any of this will come into play in the Trinity War?

#2 Posted by comicace3 (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I think both would have an equal chance of causing havok in the JL. But it seems like bats has better plans and prep . He has freaking suit cases of each superhero for crying out loud. Then again we saw Constantine's plans go into action and that was one hell of a plan. Ingenious! Anyways, this is just me, but I'd love to see them team up and see how much prep and harm can be done against the whole JL. I bet that all of those plans are going to be of use during the trinity war.

#3 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine is far more dangerous than Batman to the JLA imo. Batman couldn't figure out a weakness for Wonder Woman where as Constantine pulled the Phantom Stranger through space and time against his will. John has far more options on how to take everyone out here than Batman as magic is far more effective than science. So i'll go with Constantine being the biggest threat here.

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (7325 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say really since they both go about things in different ways. One way may be more effective against someone than the other way.

Batman=tech

Constantine=magic

But I'll go with Constantine since more often than not magic is the superior.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting to know Batman's not the only one prepped against superheroes. Usually, magic opens up a whole range of options against opponents that Batman's tech and resources can't manage. So I'll say Constantine. Plus Constantine has a wider range of prep against more superhumans than Batman.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14680 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say Constantine because he uses magic and most of the times magic comes out superior.With magic you can do a lot more to superheroes and you have way more choices.I think in the end he will come out with more prep and can do way more damage.

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine's plans are definitely more effective but that's partly due to magic and John's inability to write good contingency plans.

#8 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine.

He has magic and cunningness on his side.

Also John is one lucky bastard.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellblazer Constantine is better at prep and winging it than Batman but I don't know about this New 52 version

#10 Posted by The Stegman (23896 posts) - - Show Bio

John pulled the Phantom Stranger through space and time against his will...I say he'd be more dangerous.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

John pulled the Phantom Stranger through space and time against his will...I say he'd be more dangerous.

Oh get f*cked.

My poor beloved Phantom Stranger. DC won't be happy til they've ruined him to the degree of the Sentry.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23896 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Oh get f*cked.

My poor beloved Phantom Stranger. DC won't be happy til they've ruined him to the degree of the Sentry.

Lol. Yes, he has been...getting punished lately in his title. Like getting shanked in the back by some C lister and left at the JLD's doorstep.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16251 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellblazer Constantine is better at prep and winging it than Batman but I don't know about this New 52 version

New 52 John is pretty similar to the Hellblazer version but seems to be more dangerous than Pre-52 John in a Random Encounter. Basically N52 John has more offensive magic.

#14 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

New 52 John is pretty similar to the Hellblazer version but seems to be more dangerous than Pre-52 John in a Random Encounter. Basically N52 John has more offensive magic.

Thus mitigating the entire purpose of Constantine as a character.

New 52!!!

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16251 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Yeah its sad. At least his character and personality are still the same!

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea he now shoots fire works from his hands and his job is to "keep the balance" or some such nonsense

#17 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Its very cool to see another character with the paranoia of Batman. DC should do a crossover where Constantine and Batman get together to swap notes on how to take down their peers.

#18 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Thus mitigating the entire purpose of Constantine as a character.

New 52!!!

I hate knew 52 for what they have done to Constantine. Constantine uses cunningness now New 52 turned him into a Dr Strangish character.

I am pretty sure the reason why they canceled Hellblazer is because of New 52

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16251 posts) - - Show Bio

Its very cool to see another character with the paranoia of Batman. DC should do a crossover where Constantine and Batman get together to swap notes on how to take down their peers.

Pretty sure everyone on DC earth would be screwed then lol.....

#20 Posted by ComicStooge (12528 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine's plans would have to be a lot more effective.

#21 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Johns' ongoing distaste for Batman....I'm gonna go with Constantine.