#1 Posted by FatesGambler (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Returns vs Batman Rises both depict the relationship between Batman and Catwoman but which which film does a better job of it and which ending is better? After seeing Rises and watching Returns for the last couple of days, I actually prefer how the relationshop between Batman's and Catwoman's relationship is displayed thoughout Return and how the ending of the movie had a more Batman feel to it then Rises.

#2 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Batman Returns and hate Rises so my opinion is bias even though Catwoman in Rises is one of the reasons why I hated it in the first place.

#3 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the final scene of Rises as vague. It allowed us to imagine how their relationship ended without anything about it being said. So it is assumed that they ended up together. Because of this makes the Return's I saw the final scene of Rises as vague. It allowed us to imagine how their relationship ended without anything about it being said. So it is assumed that they ended up together. Because of this makes the Return's relationship much more accurate to the Bat and Cat dance.

#4 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt like how batman was portrayed as a lovesick puppy for catwoman in returns. he falled for dumb tricks that comic batman would never fall for and revealed his secret identity to catwoman and that other dude the batman in batman returns killed a guy which pretty much ruined the whole movie for me i hated returns. Rises portrays the relationship way better and is a better movie.

#5 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a hard time saying anything positive about Tim Burton's work...

#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7597 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about this one, at the moment I would have to say I prefer the Returns angle on it. Rises didn't really have that kind of story to it, they just kind of kicked things together. A lot, then shared an awkward kiss, but I must admit that wasn't as awkward as the lick to the face.

#7 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

There wasn't much to the relationship in Batman Returns. The flirtation was over the top corny and it I hated watching it. In fact, it was probably an ode to the Batman TV show (it isn't far fetched considering all of the movie actors who played Banner said they studiously watched the television show for inspiration and... Burton never read the comics). I mostly blame Michelle Pfeiffer's acting. She wasn't that great in Wolf, Scarface and Dangerous Minds. I listed her popular movies out of order because I can't tell where she started acting up to the point of taking the role in Batman. Keaton couldn't hear her lines most of the time, so he always seemed unaffected by her cheap, trashy dialogue. She played a hooker in a catsuit with none of the background to warrant her personality change other than exploring the director's and writers' sadomasochistic fetishes.

I'm warm for Hathaway's form. That is all.