Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman fans are among the more intelligent fanbase

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatgirlCC

I am too modest to say that we batfans are the most intelligent, but I'm positively furious when some schmuck had the audacity to make this poll: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/least-intelligent-fanbase-1628752/

What pissed me even more is that even more people voted for Batman's fanbase as the least intelligent fanbase, just next to DBZ.

Come'on. Even if us batfans isn't the brightest fanbase in the world, we're not the idiots you guys like to make us out to be. We like to think of creative scenarios where our heroes and heroines come up on top in fights and situations, and you think that makes us stupid?

Therefore, yes I think Batman fans are far from stupid, in fact they are smart, open-minded people.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone actually thinks they are legitimately stupid people lol

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Transformers1024
    nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

The number of Bat-wank haters far surpasses the Bat-wankers themselves. Even then, Bat-wanker =/= Batfan. The joke in itself is more popular.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

It's just a stereotype brought on by a few loud fanboys which, unfortunety, puts the rest of Bats' fanbase in a bad light. Any sensible person will be able to tell these two apart and have a wothwhile debate.

The rest - which are few and far between -probably aren't worth getting your jimmies rustled over.

Welcome to Comic Vine, by the way.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Who said DBZ fans are unintelligent? Cause honestly, I'd say it's a pretty smart fanbase. Comic fans have a hard time dealing with DBZ fans though, and since this is ComicVine guess which group gets thrown under the bus whether or not they did anything.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

...Who said DBZ fans are unintelligent? Cause honestly, I'd say it's a pretty smart fanbase. Comic fans have a hard time dealing with DBZ fans though, and since this is ComicVine guess which group gets thrown under the bus whether or not they did anything.

Yeah. I'm guessing that its a bandwagon effect. The ones who hate DBZ and Batman are usually the masses who doesn't know anything about the franchise. Obviously since the experts for DBZ and Batman are in the minority, their voices get drowned out amongst the angry spiel.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The number of Bat-wank haters far surpasses the Bat-wankers themselves. Even then, Bat-wanker =/= Batfan. The joke in itself is more popular.

Thank you for not saying Bat hater. It's been working a nerve.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly,I think the character of Batman is unappreciated in here than any other place in the world,but what can you do,haters will always be haters.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003: doesn't stop us from retaliating with threads like this

agree.People put Batman here in lot of uneven battles and fans sometimes gives unbelievable prep feat.which makes Batfans laughable but many times we do give proper logical answer.Although as the world thinks that Batman always wins, that is not the case everytime.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BeaconofStrength

I'd say a majority of Batman's fanbase is trash. No issue with the character, but ever since he's gotten more popular, his fanbase has gone down the drain. The fact that you had to make this thread makes the fanbase looks worse. Now I'm not saying all of his fans are awful, but now that he's extremely popular, Batman's fanbase has gotten a lot more awful.

Also, is this an alt of yours?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take the fact for every single fan that talks about Batman not being a god, there its 3 who say this and go saying utter trolling dumb thing, it give the fanbase a bad image, worst since it looks bad writing dont apply to Batman.

Also DBZ misconceptions, its cool to hate DBZ and since people in comicvine have huge double standards against anime.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: The only fan I saw saying that Batman is a "god" is the above user leatherface003 and even that user had clarified he/she did not mean that Batman is a literal god.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeremy1989
    No Caption Provided

How other fanboys feel.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc said:

@deathpoolthet1000: The only fan I saw saying that Batman is a "god" is the above user leatherface003 and even that user had clarified he/she did not mean that Batman is a literal god.

You are new here, also this doesnt mean i mean he its a literal god, people call him BatGod and a bunch of religious images about Batman(as joke for this fan fic writing).

No Caption Provided

He just became an omnipotent being.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That's nice.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say a majority of Batman's fanbase is trash. No issue with the character, but ever since he's gotten more popular, his fanbase has gone down the drain. The fact that you had to make this thread makes the fanbase looks worse. Now I'm not saying all of his fans are awful, but now that he's extremely popular, Batman's fanbase has gotten a lot more awful.

How are the fanbase trash? I've seen Batman vs Galactus threads before but those were made as jokes. I don't see any serious threads here that are massive mismatches against Batman.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc: I'm talking Batman's fanbase as a whole, not just exclusively CV.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc: I'm talking Batman's fanbase as a whole, not just exclusively CV.

oh? on what grounds are they trash as a whole? Any examples?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DBVSE7

If so.. why do you fans need all these threads about him, his so called "haters" and his prep to prove it?

Trust me.. Batman fans can be the most cocky and arrogant fanboys on CV. The so called "haters" are proof of it.

The fans are what make It worse. The batman hate on CV is because of this type of silly bs.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc: Mostly the casuals flocking to Batman, just because he's the cool new thing. They'll flock to him and preach how he's the best superhero ever, then act like they know absolutely everything about him, just because they watched the Nolan films. While I have 0 issues with Batman as a character, I honestly believe he has one of the worst fanbases out there.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DBVSE7

Also, "Thinking outside the box" is usually the overestimating that happens often.. against characters Batman has no buisness fighting on the battle forums.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

If so.. why do you fans need all these threads about him, his so called "haters" and his prep to prove it?

Trust me.. Batman fans can be the most cocky and arrogant fanboys on CV. The so called "haters" are proof of it.

The fans are what make It worse. The batman hate on CV is because of this type of silly bs.

You know if you don't like Batman you could simply not reply to threads about him.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DBVSE7

@jack_donaghy: It's not Batman I don't like. It's fans that make threads like this that make all fans look bad. Plus you missed the point. There's no such thing as a "more intelligent fanbase." Thats simple minded arrogance.. and it needs to be addressed.

There have been tons of threads like this going on. Users complaining about the "Batman hate" going on. Or, why is Batman hated blah blah blah. Threads like this don't help the situation. Especially with a title like this coming from a user with "Batgirl" in her name.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Probably the worst fans are legitimate fans of Sonichu.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: goddamn wenjun chew mucking everything up

Because he was the hero Comicvine deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it and make new accounts. Because he's not our hero. He's a vocal debater. A watchful prepper. Wenjun Chew.
    Because he was the hero Comicvine deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it and make new accounts. Because he's not our hero. He's a vocal debater. A watchful prepper. Wenjun Chew.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potatobaron said:

Who is this guy?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole "Praise Batgod Chew Force" thing we spread around is more of a satirical parody of character wanking in general, or extreme views regarding their ideology/beliefs/political stance in off topic.

In the past, there was a user named Wenjun Chew who seriously thought Batman could take on cosmic beings and multiversal entities given enough preparation time. Today, it has evolved into the satire I was referring to. I frequently use it to display how stupid character wanking is, and usually views such as "militant atheism" or several Social Justice Warriors in Off-Topic.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
    @potatobaron said:

Who is this guy?

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/wenjun--chew/

That guy got kicked from killermovies,moviecodec, comicvine and its an internet joke.

@juke said:How on Earth can Bruce beat a Decepticon?With prep, Batman could possibly take on all of the Decepticons in a battle.

Batman wins with absolute ease. A better battle would be Batman taking on all the Turtles as well as Shredder and his minions at the same time.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-wenjun-chew-back-to-comicvine

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By johnny_blaze

@blade_r: Speak for yourself dude lol. I put all Batfans in the same box. Sad, but true. I never came across a Batfan that was reasonable and not obnoxious. I used to think I hated the character, but I was wrong. It's the fanbase that I hate.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

@jack_donaghy: It's not Batman I don't like. It's fans that make threads like this that make all fans look bad. Plus you missed the point. There's no such thing as a "more intelligent fanbase." Thats simple minded arrogance.. and it needs to be addressed.

There have been tons of threads like this going on. Users complaining about the "Batman hate" going on. Or, why is Batman hated blah blah blah. Threads like this don't help the situation. Especially with a title like this coming from a user with "Batgirl" in her name.

I'm just saying it seems like you don't like Batman since I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive about him so I naturally assumed you didn't like him. And you can't really blame Batman fans for the hate he gets. It's a chicken or the egg situation, you could look at it as Batman fans get hate because of threads like this or you could look at it as Batman fans make threads like this because of the hate he gets. IMO the only reason Batman fans complain about haters so much if because there literally seems to be a thread bashing him everyday. We wouldn't have threads like this if he didn't get the huge level of hate he gets on a daily basis.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DBVSE7

@jack_donaghy: Either way the fans don't make it better by making threads to feed the flame.

Making threads to make your fans seem superior in any kind of way is only proving my point of arrogance and being cocky.

If you feel like Batman doesn't deserve the hate and your so confident to make threads like this what is there to prove? You're not making it any better and the hate only grows because of this.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just love how Wenjun Chew has become the sole representative of all Batman fans,that's fine by me but while we're at it what about Klandicar and his Thanos wankery? I guess all Thanos fans are dumbasses.

@blade_r: Speak for yourself dude lol. I put all Batfans in the same box. Sad, but true. I never came across a Batfan that was reasonable and not obnoxious. I used to think I hated the character, but I was wrong. It's the fanbase that I hate.

You go around hating the character and low balling him every time you get an opportunity,what do you expect his fanbase to do? every time Batman gets a book,movie,game or any other form of spot light you're the first in line to complain, you diss on his fans,his supporting character(Damian),go for some introspection.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
    Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hail chew

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: Just dont comment on Batman threads,there your problem solved, I hate Harley Quinn and right now there is no dearth of Harley related material,I dare you to find a post that I have made on Harley.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: That's your Buisness I don't care about it. The problem isn't Batman.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By flashback0180

Batfans are WAYYYY worse than dbz fans

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By longbowhunter
    No Caption Provided

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE HOLY CHURCH OF BASED CHEW'S OATH

"We Prep all Day, We Prep All Night"

"No EVIL shall escape our sight"

"Let those who does not believe in Batman's MIGHT"

"Beware our POWER, LORD CHEW's LIGHT"

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@batgirlcc said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
    @potatobaron said:

Who is this guy?

For your reference on who this guy is. He is the uber batfan that tried to convince the community here that Batman with prep can defeat high herald and cosmic level characters like Nate Grey and the Super Kryptonians particularly He'l and Superman-Prime.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
    Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I am feeling a disturbance in the ChewForce !

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc: I agree with you that Batfans are smart, open-minded people. I feel the members of his fan base that believe he can defeat everyone and promote BatGod give the fan base a bad reputation. And that bad reputation portrays Batman and his Batfamily in a negative light. And that's not fair that a few bad fans ruin it for the good fans and ruin Batman for that matter.

With that being said no one fan base is more intelligent than the other. All fan bases have their good fans and their bad fans.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Therefore, yes I think Batman fans are far from stupid, in fact they are smart, open-minded people.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not a fan of Batman but even I can see that the hate for the character is getting ridiculous.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
    DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batgirlcc: Honestly I couldn't agree with you more...

People like to call out Batfans as Bat-Wankers, but they are very creative indeed. As you say, they come up with open minded arguments unlike the people who thinks physicals are everything and rely on the simple method of debating.

Jut because you lack creativity doesn't mean you can call the person on the other end unintelligent. On the contrary, creativity is a component of intelligence and if you lack it, you have no right to call anyone out in the first place.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.