#1 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey as I am sure you're aware there is a preview page batman eternal. Anyway in the picture Tim has red lenses DUN DUN DA!

For those of you who don't understand the significance of red lenses red lens in batman symbolize evil. Don't believe me check out the picture of all the batmen all the evil ones have red eyes while all the good ones have white eyes.

In the entire Batman eternal picture tim is the only one with red eyes while everyone else has white eyes. not to mention that tim is in teen titans has white lenses

#2 Posted by bgibs13390 (851 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Red Robin...I think you are reading into this a bit too much.

#3 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you just may be over thinking the read eyes a little lol.

#4 Posted by HumanRocket (7718 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashpoint Batman wasnt evil he was just willing to break Bruce's one rule as use guns.

#5 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@obsidian_raindrop1: Um, Thomas Wayne wasn't evil. He was a more brutal Batman, but he wasn't evil...

#6 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by HumanRocket (7718 posts) - - Show Bio

^ that

#9 Posted by MideonNViscera (360 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21621 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashpoint Batman wasnt evil he was just willing to break Bruce's one rule as use guns.

Neither is Earth 2 Batman, I think he has red eyes

#11 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@mideonnviscera: @battle_forum_junkie:

look my point wasn't about what kind of hero Thomas Wayne is but rather that the red eyes are a clear sign that those batmen were not fit t wear the cowl because they were to dark (Thomas Wayne tried to kill yo-yo the Harley Quinn stand-in ) (JPV was crazy) (jason todd was jason todd) and a common trait in all of them was red eyes hell in cat woman guardian of Gotham bruce had red eyes

hell find one time when a batman worthy of being batman has red eyes and I'll delete this this thread

#12 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@humanrocket said:

That's correct. Most times I've seen him drawn with white lenses, but there's been a few times the eyes are red.

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21621 posts) - - Show Bio

@mideonnviscera: @battle_forum_junkie:

look my point wasn't about what kind of hero Thomas Wayne is but rather that the red eyes are a clear sign that those batmen were not fit t wear the cowl because they were to dark (Thomas Wayne tried to kill yo-yo the Harley Quinn stand-in ) (JPV was crazy) (jason todd was jason todd) and a common trait in all of them was red eyes hell in cat woman guardian of Gotham bruce had red eyes

hell find one time when a batman worthy of being batman has red eyes and I'll delete this this thread

that is a very interesting look for Catwoman.....

#14 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@obsidian_raindrop1: And I wasn't debating weather or not Thomas was worthy of wearing the cowl. Although I don't see what that has to do with Red Robin, he's not Batman. My point was that just because they have red eye lenses doesn't mean they are evil.

#15 Edited by HumanRocket (7718 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@humanrocket said:

That's correct. Most times I've seen him drawn with white lenses, but there's been a few times the eyes are red.

From the latest issue.

#17 Edited by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: @battle_forum_junkie: @battle_forum_junkie: that batman has killed icicle in the annual it's thomas wayne because the statues of his earth 2 figures says it's thomas

my point about the red eyes is that they are a symbol that this batman is much dark maybe not evil but much darker and probably a batman that should be put down

#18 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@obsidian_raindrop1: Wait.. They should be put down because they're a dark hero that's willing to kill?

I see your point you're trying to make, but really, I think that's just more of a design choice than a symbolism. He is Red Robin after all.

#19 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by HumanRocket (7718 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by jackbensley777 (647 posts) - - Show Bio

the real question is where is dick? does he die in forever evil?

#23 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: like i said find one paragon batcharacter with red lenses and I'll delete this thread, because as of right now the lens thing hold water. so far in teen titans tim has white lenses and may be under raven's mind control. as for batwing that I'll call fallowing the character model.

#24 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@obsidian_raindrop1:

I really don't see how it holds water... Your whole theory is that every Batman with red eye lenses "is much darker and should probably be put down." But there's a hole in your theory: Red Robin is not Batman. He's his own hero now.

Like @humanrocket said, it looks like it's just a coincidence.

#25 Edited by obsidian_raindrop1 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

my theory is that something is up with tim.

my evidence is that he has red lenses. (red lenses being something that in pretty much everything means the character is bad)

I support my evidence

1 it's a cliche for villains and other bad characters to have red eyes bane, nightwing when he became renegade, Jason todd in the past have all have red eyes as a clear sign of evil.

2 in a picture where every detail could be a clue it would seem rather odd to put not mention the only one with an alteration to the hero's subtle enough to be there but still something that can be missed plus why would he make the eyes red for when in all the other red robin drawings show him as white eyes .

3 raven has been mind controlling tim in TT so it make sense that tim lenses would be the only visual clue.

#26 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@obsidian_raindrop1:

I agree that something could be up with Tim. I will admit it is a bit weird for Red Robin to be the only one with much of a costume change. However, that doesn't automatically make him evil. There's allot of heroes who have had red eye lenses, just like there's allot of villains that don't have red eyes. There's Cyclops, Daredevil, Gambit, Scarlet Spider, heck, I've even seen Terry and N52 Nightwing drawn with red eyes.

And maybe we will see a darker version of Red Robin, but that still doesn't make him evil.