Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

Courtesy of ComiXology and Newsarama, we now have an advance preview of #3. Enjoy!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Seems like Stephanie's origin will be the same as pre-Nu52. Overall, I'm quite happy with how DC's handling her re-introduction and I can't wait to see Spoiler back in action.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SupBatz

Steph seems a bit antagonistic towards her mother. But aside for that, all seems well. Looking forward to seeing her become Spoiler again.

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RaggedScarecrow
@supbatz said:

Steph seems a bit antagonistic towards her mother. But aside for that, all seems well. Looking forward to seeing her become Spoiler again.

100% Agreed.

Her antagonism towards her mom could just be her being a teenager. In her mind she probably sees her mom as being overprotective and paranoid. Its not like she expected to walk in on her dad in a supervillain meet after all.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: Yeah, agreed. That's why I'm trying not to be too overanalytical. It's hardly an uncommon motif for a daughter to speak to her mother with hostility. So long as this isn't an indication of newfound hostility in ALL of Steph's interactions, I'm fine.

Also, it's good to see Lock-Up. He's a C-Lister villain that I always thought could use more exposure.

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: Lock-Up, Cluemaster, Signal Man, Firefly, everyone there is a C-lister at best. I'd even be willing to bet that the person who knocks out Steph is a C-lister. The meet's probably about the lesser known villains getting some respect.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SupBatz

@raggedscarecrow: Wow, I didn't even recognize Firefly. Regardless, I like the premise of C-Listers gathering in this way. I just hope that they're treated as a (semi-)credible threat in the series, rather than just being reduced to joke characters. Looking forward to it.

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: I believe that's the new Firefly. Garfield Lynns got killed during Batgirl by this new guy. I don't think Synder and the others will treat them as joke characters based on the preview.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

Nah, just teenager stuff (hopefully). lol I say some of the most sarcastic remarks to my parents. IMO, as a guy who has read literally almost zero Steph comics, she comes off very likable and realistic as a teen (compared to someone like Harper even though I love her).

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: You might have a leg up on me. The only things I've read that involve Stephanie Brown/Spoiler are the three War Games trades I have. The story was a little weak, but I liked her. I definitely agree with you thought, she is being written as very likeable here. I'll be interested to see how Snyder and friends have her become Spoiler and what kind of training she'll have prior to meeting Batman and Bluebird (which seems like a fitting replacement for Batman and Robin, unless Damian is resurrected of course).