Batman eternal

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is batman eternal worth getting? I am currently getting completely caught up on the new 52 storylines and have came to a point in Batman where Batman eternal is relevant. My question is are these stories good or are they just weekly enhancers to the main storyline of the main Scott Snyder storyline? I would love some input and thanks in advanced

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@newecho: it's his anniversary book. I don't know if they connect though.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: awh i just assumed they connected since Snyder was heading the stories... I haven't read any at all yet and was debating on whether to get them... Appreciate the response...

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

It ties into the main Snyder story-line a bit, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's too inconsistent and drags on at times. There are good parts in it, some Bat-family characters like Julia Pennyworth really do shine, but for the amount of $ that would be spent in order to get a complete picture of Batman:Eternal, it's just not worth it. The cheaper solution would be to just read wikis on some of the events that took place during Batman:Eternal.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: Awh I never thought about doing the wiki thing... I was really only concerned with losing some of the meat of the story if I didn't read them. I enjoy Snyder's bats as he is my third favorite in the new 52 behind lemire's green arrow and The nightwing volume one and two.. Snyder is probably my favorite writer tho right now as his other titles ie swamp thing and American vamp are on point. I have just finished death in the family and will start zero year this week..I should be caught up by the weekend on bats if batman eternal isn't needed... Thanks for the advice...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone have any thoughts on the eternal series?

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eternal is the payoff for some big things Snyder set up early in his current Batman run. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot by not reading it.