Batman Earth One: The perfect story for the film reboot?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

With the Dark Knight Rises bringing an end to the (so far) brilliant Dark Knight trilogy its inevitable that a film reboot to the Batman franchise will be coming somewhere down the line. When I was reading through the recently released Batman Earth One it struck me that this was probably the ideal story to reboot the franchise. It has a great balance between familiar and new with how it handles its characters, and is both grounded in reality enough to serve as a great follow up to the Nolan films while also being fantastic enough to allow for a shared DC universe in the films. It also has a villain who we havent seen on screen in along time and characters such as Bullock and Barbara Gordon who have never really made it to film. It also only spends a small amount of time on the origin of Batman so the rest of the film wouldnt feel like a complete re hash of Batman Begins. Just replace Birthday Boy with a slightly more familiar face like Zsaz and it will be perfect.

What do you guys think?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

I agree, it was a good story.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twentyfive

Why the fudge should there be a reboot? Why so soon? Just make movies for other characters for the love of god. Movies help bring in readers, and if all you are doing is the same few characters, why waste money?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jorgevy

I am divided. On one hand I think Batman and Martian Manhunter should be only introduced through other movies or in the JLA movie. But on the other hand, I think the general audience may not understand it's a different batman from the Nolan trilogy if it doesnt get his own movie...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@Twentyfive said:

Why the fudge should there be a reboot? Why so soon? Just make movies for other characters for the love of god. Movies help bring in readers, and if all you are doing is the same few characters, why waste money?

Nolan's done with the series. Batman's a gold mine. No one would even think of passing it off. Look how fast they rebooted Spider-man.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By noj

@Twentyfive: because Nolan's trilogy is done. Whoever the next Batman will be it wont be Christian Bale and making a new movie in that same universe will be pretty much impossible to pull off. Batman movies not only make alot of money they are generally very good. I (and im sure tons of other people) wouldnt really want to see the movie franchise just end so a reboot will come sooner or later.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Twentyfive said:

They already confirmed a batman reboot for 2015,it's probably because there trying to start a Shared universe.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jorgevy

@CrimsonCake said:

@Twentyfive said:

They already confirmed a batman reboot for 2015,it's probably because there trying to start a Shared universe.

is this true?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrimsonCake
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Noctis
@AweSam said:

I agree, it was a good story.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@AweSam said:

@Twentyfive said:

Nolan's done with the series. Batman's a gold mine. No one would even think of passing it off. Look how fast they rebooted Spider-man.

I heard its not a reboot, but takes place between movies. The first and second one, if I recall.

Which would fit, since its supposed to be in Batman's second year.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twentyfive

Well, at least, I want them to leave that goodness-darned brooding atmosphere behind and make the movies fun. They can start by giving him his classic costume (Blue/Grey/Yellow icon).

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

@CrimsonCake said:

@Jorgevy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

anyone can edit IMDB, I wanted an actual source, like from someone in DC or WB. I find it kinda suspicious they would do one so soon, even if it was meant to tie in to the JLA

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AweSam

@ReVamp said:

@AweSam said:

@Twentyfive said:

I heard its not a reboot, but takes place between movies. The first and second one, if I recall.

Which would fit, since its supposed to be in Batman's second year.

Nothing's been confirmed. They said it would not be another origin, though.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Jorgevy said:

@CrimsonCake said:

@Jorgevy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

anyone can edit IMDB, I wanted an actual source, like from someone in DC or WB. I find it kinda suspicious they would do one so soon, even if it was meant to tie in to the JLA

Really?It can be edited?I never knew that.So I guess I'm most likely not going to see Giant Size man thing the movie. :(

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jorgevy

@CrimsonCake: it can be edited but most stuff also gets corrected by the "mods" there. What do you mean by Giant Size man thing?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Jorgevy: Giant size man thing is a comic book character,some people take it the wrong way.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorgevy

@CrimsonCake said:

@Jorgevy: Giant size man thing is a comic book character,some people take it the wrong way.

oh, it's like Man-Thing but Giant sized..... well, I dont know but I didn't hear anything about a Man-Thing or related movie

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By KainScion

sure. if they want batman to appear as incapable moron.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By noj

@Twentyfive: heck no! That would NOT transfer well to the screen. Just look at Adam West. As much as I dig and appreciate that series it would NEVER work in todays world just like how Silver Age stories wouldnt work in todays market.