#1 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Milton , Cabell County , West Virginia

When firefighters rolled up to the scene of a house fire on Church Street in Milton Saturday, they were shocked to see who beat them to the scene.

Batman and Captain America, or John Buckland and Troy Marcum -- were both in costume at an event at the nearby American Legion Post. They were teaching positive lessons to children, but the lesson became real life. When they saw smoke, the two super heroes sprang into action, rushing towards the flames to see if anyone was inside.

"I grabbed his shoulders, gave it everything we got and the door opened," Buckland said.

Before Buckland started his "Hero 4 Higher" business, He used to be a firefighter, and even did so through the military while stationed in Iraq.

Buckland said his training kicked in.

"He (Captain America) breaks out the window," Buckland said. "The smokes lets out and as I can start to see I reach down and grab something furry!"

While the home owners were out of town, their cat couldn't get out and had to be resuscitated by Batman.

"The cat comes around," Buckland said. "Takes a look at me, then hissed!"

While the cat might not have been pleased, it's a different story for the people who watched. Tom Cantaberry was at the Legion Post and saw the dramatic rescue take place.

"He did a great job," Cantaberry said. "It was complete chaos!"

However, Buckland said don't let the costume fool you, he's no hero.

"I just wonder what the cat was thinking," Buckland said. "I'm glad no one was inside."

Hah.

Got ya, suckers.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (42364 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you, I thought this was a real new comic series!

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah, sorry, couldn't resist!

But I just thought this was a really cool news story, especially for someone like me, whose two favorite heroes are Bats/Cap.

What are the chances of two guys dressed as said heroes seeing a burning building - then rushing in and saving a cat, before resuscitating it? Team-up, indeed.

#4 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8008 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this one earlier today. I thought it was great! :)

#5 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17553 posts) - - Show Bio

You should have put "Got ya suckers" at the very end of the post, just so you could get some posts with people screaming at you who failed to read the OP. You could have gotten some catches imo =D

#6 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this one earlier today. I thought it was great! :)

Yeah, I thought you might enjoy it ;)

You should have put "Got ya suckers" at the very end of the post, just so you could get some posts with people screaming at you who failed to read the OP. You could have gotten some catches imo =D

Haha yeah, lemme do that.

#7 Posted by dbatdog (541 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE! I like this post...misleading but cool :)

#8 Posted by Bierschneeman (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY , Superman and Captain Marvel no longer have the market cornered on Feline rescues

#9 Edited by RisingBean (3993 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: You are either really awesome or a d!**. I'll let you know once I find out.

Cool story.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: You are either really awesome or a d!**. I'll let you know once I find out.

Cool story.

Now come on RB, after all our PM exchanges, I thought you knew me better than that.

I'm obviously the latter. ;)

#11 Posted by RustyRoy (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by RisingBean (3993 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@risingbean said:

Cool story.

Now come on RB, after all our PM exchanges, I thought you knew me better than that.

Nah. In just the last 24 I keep seeing people thanking you for helping out. You have a heart of gold, Veshark!

#13 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

very funny.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@risingbean said:

Cool story.

Nah. In just the last 24 I keep seeing people thanking you for helping out. You have a heart of gold, Veshark!

*shuffles feet modestly* :)

#15 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS THREAD IS BAD. You should feel ASHAMED, Veshark.

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.

#17 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS THREAD IS BAD. You should feel ASHAMED, Veshark.

I thought the embodiment of evil would appreciate my evilness ;)

#18 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

I saw this story yesterday, and it made me smile. I read it just now, and smiled again. :-)

#19 Posted by Lvenger (19989 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd already heard about this story so you didn't lull me in with your evil ways. But I thought this was a really nice news story (for a change) of ordinary people pulling off a great rescue. But, as always, cats are unpredictable animals though some people would call them douchebags :P

#20 Posted by teddy_the_god_killer (299 posts) - - Show Bio

But the things is did 'Batman' prep?

#21 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@veshark:

I saw this story yesterday, and it made me smile. I read it just now, and smiled again. :-)

:)

@lvenger said:

I'd already heard about this story so you didn't lull me in with your evil ways. But I thought this was a really nice news story (for a change) of ordinary people pulling off a great rescue. But, as always, cats are unpredictable animals though some people would call them douchebags :P

CURSES! Foiled by Supes once again!

But yeah, what are the chances of two guys dressed as superheroes rescuing a cat?

#22 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: There is a such thing as taking evil too far, Veshark.

#23 Edited by Wolverine08 (42364 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: There is a such thing as taking evil too far, Veshark.

This is coming from the guy who thinks only when the piles of lower beings corpses becomes too high.

#24 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: 2 things: 1) Yeah, I do, but that's not half as bad as teasing someone into thinking a Batman/Captain America comic is coming out! I'm pure evil, but I'm not THAT evil. 2) A large pile of corpses under your royal throne is actually a really nice, secluded area. You should try it sometime.

#25 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but while that was going on his dog died on the other side of the city. No joke.

#26 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol cool

#27 Posted by Deathstroke02 (3016 posts) - - Show Bio