Batman Beyond or X-Men Evolution?

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Batman Beyond or X-Men Evolution? (25 votes)

Batman Beyond 60%
X-Men Evolution 24%
Neither 8%
Show Me the Poll Results! 8%

Alright so on a whim I decided to watch all of X-Men Evolution since I haven't seen it in so long and had never seen it in it's entirety. Each of these shows are sort of what I consider the "new wave" of superhero animation following my childhood favourites of X-Men TAS and Spider-man TAS and the other great 90's animated series. I ended up liking both of these shows a lot despite their changes to the more classic fiction.

I'm into season 3 of evolution at this point and I have to say some of my favourite things are:

• Relationship between Avalanche and Kitty (has Avalanche ever been this developed??)
  • Beast being less in control but still awesome, plus I love his look in this.....sorry he's my favourite
  • Loved the side xmas episode with Angel
  • Magneto's lackey's including some notable traditional X-Men like Gambit and Colossus
  • Kurt being awesome
  • The "underground" mutant retreat/sewer world
  • The World War II episode with Cap in it, which featured a Canadian beret wearing Wolverine :D

Um so yeah. I think i'll have to go back and watch Batman Beyond after this just to get a fuller idea of the two series as a whole. But I like them both a lot. I think they both managed to stray away from the traditional material enough while maintaining the integrity of what the source material was all about. Just wish there were more "off-shoot" animated series like these out there.

Anyway thanks for reading my ramble. For right now I'm voting for "poll results" cause I don't have a standout favourite.

• 
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Evolution. It had far more characters to enjoy.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By comicace3

I liked BB it was refreshing to find out there was a new person wearing the batsuit.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Even though I enjoyed X-Men Evolution, I loved Batman Beyond a bit more because the stories were really interesting and I really loved the idea about someone else being Batman for a change.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By russellmania77

Evolution had better animation but I mean, I still love batman beyond

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers