• 171 results
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll Batman Begins or Man of Steel (283 votes)

Batman Begins 63%
Man of Steel 28%
I just want to see results 9%

Which origin movie did you prefer, which did you think did there respective character more justice. Feel free to post your comment below . I personally say BB.

• 
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman Begins easily.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By Superguy1591

So...Nolan vs Snyder? Okay...okay...this is going to be tough.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Origin movie? Man Of Steel by a good but not to drastic margin. The kryptonians invading Earth made much more sense. The destruction felt like it was a lot more than just some army of aliens arriving. (Btw, it wasn't Superman's intention to fight in populated cities. Zod and the other kryptonians were in control of the fight.) Though I do enjoy Batman Begins.

Which character perspective did more justice? I'd say a tie. Henry Cavill's Superman was amazing. Bale's batman voice in Batman Begins didn't irritate me until the next two sequels were released. Though Batman Begins had a better dialogue.

I prefer Man of Steel, but Batman Begins was the better movie.

With that being said, I do want to see Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

So...Nolan vs Snyder? Okay...okay...this is going to be tough.

As much as I love Nolan, I have to go with Snyder. He's one of the few directors who can actually make a real comic book movie.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Batman Begins was not only one of the greatest comic book movies ever made, but it was also the best origin story movie. It will always get my vote.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By Cloakx14

i love Mos, But Batman Begins was just too good and really develop the dynamic between being Batman and being Bruce Wayne in the Film.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Begins was much better.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they were both bad but man of steel was worse imo.

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By ThePieter

Man Of Steel is one of the most painfully generic superhero films ever made so Batman Begins.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoS

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111 the_stegman  Moderator

After watching them back to back...Batman Begins was superior in everything except for fight scenes.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins in a landslide. Honestly MoS is a mediocre film and doesn't deserve to be compared with Begins.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman begins made batman look so pathetic.

i was laughing half the movie

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel easily. Batman Begins is nowhere near.

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins.

But I think I will give MOS a couple more movies and see where it goes before I really compare the two.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By PeterParkerJr

Batman Begins. Still the best CBM Origin story IMO.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman begins made batman look so pathetic.

i was laughing half the movie

I don´t know if I should answer you but

whaaat?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

imo MoS had a better origin, better villain, better portrayal of the main hero, great CGI, better fight scenes, and better plot.

I do really like Batman Begins, when he was training with the League of Assassins easily the best thing in the Batman trilogy.

I disagree. Man of Steel feels very disjointed in comparison to Batman Begins.

Actually I change my vote. Man of Steel was way better in my opinion.

What is this?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I exaggerated back then, but I do find MoS a more enjoyable origins film than Batman Begins.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel has been the best Superman movie I've ever seen. The pacing was perfect because we all have been told the story of Superman one hundred times. It wasn't perfect, but Batman Begin's was my least favorite movie out of the trilogy, with underwhelming action compared to MOS.

MOS FTW!

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#122  Edited By jumpstart55

I loved both. But Batman:Begins was definitely a better film, it took its time and was so compelling and brilliantly told. Man of Steel on the other hand, was good but it went to fast. I would of preferred the film had been more like Birthright. Or with Clark already established as journalist and the film on a number of ocasions briefly flashing back to him traveling around the world. And even though i,m a big fan of both Nolan is a far better filmmaker then Zack Snyder.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman Begins. IMO Man of steel was awful.

Avatar image for straightedgenexus
StraightEdgeNexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: "There was no emotion in Batman Begins. Watching Clarks reasons for becoming a superhero was more believable than Bruce's in my opinion."

you're kidding right? All the Pa Kent saying hide your powers and let people die was ridiculous and I never could relate to it. And the tornado scene was hilarious and poorly shot, it wasn't dramatic at all. And Zod conveniently wanting Lois Lane and she being in the C-17 military plane was just poor script writing. Also those "inspiring" (Begins did it 100x better) sentences and lonely Clark in nowhere in the world, where do you think they got from? Batman Begins. Bruce Wayne crying in the alley after the death of his parents, I could feel him. Grown up Clark with all his powers couldn't save his father from a tornado, nope I didn't feel sorry one bit. What emotions are you talking about exactly? Batman Begins>>>>>> Man Of Steel

Avatar image for straightedgenexus
StraightEdgeNexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all you saying Man of Steel was more fun (wtf) and enjoyable, please watch Batman Begins again and update your 10 year old memory

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Batman Begins. Loved Man of Steel. Here's why I loved Man of Steel:

Man of Steel

• It's the most visually made Superman film and the visuals are beautiful. It's a great cinema experience and great on the projector. Hell, it holds up on a computer with how outstanding the special effects are. I mean, say what you will about Zack Snyder's directorial abilities in managing project and score, but his visuals are amazing. Just watching Superman battling the Kryptonians... wow. And I hear people say that the action is bombastic. Well, it's really a bunch of god-like beings battling in the middle of a city in earth - one of them which is untrained. It's going to be messy, therefore unchoreographed. Moving on.
  • I liked the handling of a lot of characters and their actors. Henry Cavill is perfect as Clark Kent. The character's writing and depiction was also fantastic. Henry Cavill's Superman is like an "intimidating nice guy." That sum's up Superman's personality. Diane Lane is great as Martha Kent, her character is also nicely written. Laurence Fishburne is great as Perry White, really excited to see more of the guy in BvS.
  • Things like seeing Superman protect his mother is awesome - "YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN BY MOTHER!!" - also watching all of the other humans inspired by Superman - Lois Lane, Colonel Hardy, Professor Hamilton... all of them together fighting off Zod and the Kryptonians is just awesome! I mean - Hardy fighting off Faora, Lois communicating with General Zod. IMO Man of Steel is a really inspiring "Superman" film. And yeah... it doesn't have bright colors and it doesn't have a bright tone, but Superman's first flight... seeing him inspire all of those people. That's inspiring as a Superman movie should be.
  • The villains. Gosh, the villains. General Zod. Recently reading Superman comics and it's like some of Zod's lines in MoS could've been ripped straight out of the comics: his military drive, "the ends justify the means" philosophy. Michael Shannon is a great actor. Faora is also the ultimate badass! Antje Traue killed it. "A good death... is it's own reward." Indeed. If only they built something between Zod and Faora.
  • Pacing and structure is a profound issue in Man of Steel, but it told a story of decades that mixed in different adaptations of Superman to tell his origin. I like the idea of it being a story of Clark Kent accepting the fact that he's on earth. Choosing earth over Krypton. Finding the balance between human and alien if that makes sense. Finding his place in the earth. Struggling between surrendering himself or not. Yes the story could've been more well told but it has great ideas, and concepts. If they structured the story better, this would've been an excellent character story. I like it because it's human plot AND a sci-fi film.

There, I said it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: "There was no emotion in Batman Begins. Watching Clarks reasons for becoming a superhero was more believable than Bruce's in my opinion."

you're kidding right? All the Pa Kent saying hide your powers and let people die was ridiculous and I never could relate to it. And the tornado scene was hilarious and poorly shot, it wasn't dramatic at all. And Zod conveniently wanting Lois Lane and she being in the C-17 military plane was just poor script writing. Also those "inspiring" (Begins did it 100x better) sentences and lonely Clark in nowhere in the world, where do you think they got from? Batman Begins. Bruce Wayne crying in the alley after the death of his parents, I could feel him. Grown up Clark with all his powers couldn't save his father from a tornado, nope I didn't feel sorry one bit. What emotions are you talking about exactly? Batman Begins>>>>>> Man Of Steel

Like I said to TheAmazingSpidey, I exaggerated what I said 2 years and 3 months ago. Quit being a noob and responding to expired posts.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man of Steel

• It's the most visually made Superman film and the visuals are beautiful. It's a great cinema experience and great on the projector. Hell, it holds up on a computer with how outstanding the special effects are. I mean, say what you will about Zack Snyder's directorial abilities in managing project and score, but his visuals are amazing. Just watching Superman battling the Kryptonians... wow. And I hear people say that the action is bombastic. Well, it's really a bunch of god-like beings battling in the middle of a city in earth - one of them which is untrained. It's going to be messy, therefore unchoreographed. Moving on.
  • I liked the handling of a lot of characters and their actors. Henry Cavill is perfect as Clark Kent. The character's writing and depiction was also fantastic. Henry Cavill's Superman is like an "intimidating nice guy." That sum's up Superman's personality. Diane Lane is great as Martha Kent, her character is also nicely written. Laurence Fishburne is great as Perry White, really excited to see more of the guy in BvS.
  • Things like seeing Superman protect his mother is awesome - "YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN BY MOTHER!!" - also watching all of the other humans inspired by Superman - Lois Lane, Colonel Hardy, Professor Hamilton... all of them together fighting off Zod and the Kryptonians is just awesome! I mean - Hardy fighting off Faora, Lois communicating with General Zod. IMO Man of Steel is a really inspiring "Superman" film. And yeah... it doesn't have bright colors and it doesn't have a bright tone, but Superman's first flight... seeing him inspire all of those people. That's inspiring as a Superman movie should be.
  • The villains. Gosh, the villains. General Zod. Recently reading Superman comics and it's like some of Zod's lines in MoS could've been ripped straight out of the comics: his military drive, "the ends justify the means" philosophy. Michael Shannon is a great actor. Faora is also the ultimate badass! Antje Traue killed it. "A good death... is it's own reward." Indeed. If only they built something between Zod and Faora.
  • Pacing and structure is a profound issue in Man of Steel, but it told a story of decades that mixed in different adaptations of Superman to tell his origin. I like the idea of it being a story of Clark Kent accepting the fact that he's on earth. Choosing earth over Krypton. Finding the balance between human and alien if that makes sense. Finding his place in the earth. Struggling between surrendering himself or not. Yes the story could've been more well told but it has great ideas, and concepts. If they structured the story better, this would've been an excellent character story. I like it because it's human plot AND a sci-fi film.

There, I said it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:

Man of Steel

There, I said it.

Holy shit. You found a post of me saying that I love Man of Steel?

Someone give this guy a freaking medal.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Thought I'll never see the day!

Me too, man. Much less saying I flat out love it.

It's still a thoroughly enjoyable standalone movie imo.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By HeroUp2112

Batman Begins by a LONG shot.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Begins.

MOS is my guilty pleasure tripe when I need a good laugh.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins, though I thought MoS was actually good as well.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wanted to say BB but then the page loaded again and i clicked on MoS and then I pressed enter. But yeah BB.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't take MoS seriously after the Pa Kent death scene.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6
deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt Batman Begins delivered the classic origins of Batman in modern terms much better, from the death of his parents to his training around the world to his first nights as The Batman. Personally it's one my favorite origins movies. Very underrated in my opinion.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

200th voter!

On topic, BB.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Batman one shots.

An amazing underrated classic.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By a country mile. I think Man Of Steel may be the most dissapointing movie I've ever seen.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins is the finer tuned product but I enjoyed Man of Steel more.

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ArranVidReturns

I like Batman more than Superman (he's more original)

so I went with Batman Begins

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Aww you're young you're only 20-21 years old lol I'm an oldie at 24

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman Begins easily. Man of Steel is so mediocre.

O__O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins by far. MoS wasn't that good.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins