Batman: Arkham Origins was a HUGE dissapointment

• 127 results
CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cheesesticks: Read a book if you want only a superior story. It's a game.

Also nothing that special about taking over a prison.

Because it's a game you doesn't need a good story? God, i know why you think that City was the best. A story in a video game is very important dude.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By deathstroke19

Notice this is why it was disappointing I'm not saying its a bad game... Just severely disappointing.

I agree AO was a HUGE disappointment. DS is a pathetically easy fight and it knocks him out of the game within an hour and a half. The assassins aren't even the main storyline and shiva and Deadshot are only side missions. If i included shiva and Deadshot i would still only count 7 assassins cause killer croc was definitely not an assassin he was just a thug working for Black Mask (which is really joker and that ticked me off but i will get into that in a sec). All That really bothers me considering all the hype for these assassins, especially DS and you only have one short easy fight with him. Now onto the most disappointing things about this game: Black Mask is The Joker. Ok i understand its a plot twist and all but one of the main reasons i got this game is bc there was FINALLY A NEW VILLAIN besides the joker (seeing as how he ended up being the main villain for the other two), but no instead they give you a new villain that is actually the joker in disguise. Also fighting bane 3 (or was it 4 i lost track there was so many) times was really stupid. One could have been a second DS fight cause we know that blackgate prison definitely wouldn't hold DS that long. Another fight to replace banes 3 fight could have been Deadshot and they could have added another for shiva just to incorporate all the assassins into the main story like they were suppose too.

Mulder15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53  Edited By Mulder15

Wha......all of the Assassins surprised Batman.

Killer Croc-Was at Blackgate with Black Mask ((Joker))

Electrocutioner-Was at the fighting pit when Batman showed up.

Deathstroke-Attacked Batman while he was interrogating Penguin.

Copperhead-Ambushed Batman at the Sionis Steel Mill.

Bane-Was waiting for Batman at the Royal Towers Hotel.

Firefly-Lured Batman out into the open by attacking the bridge.

Deadshot-Attacked the Cops who were trying to take out Batman and lured him to the bank.

Shiva-Lured Batman with the baby carriage.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I'd like to point out that I called that this game would be a huge disappointment a while ago, and everyone was talking about how much of an idiot I was. Now just about everyone thinks the same thing.

Also, Arkham City is your favorite game? How many games have you played?

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mulder15:

1) he never said the assassins didn't surprise him he said they didn't hunt him or actually go looking for batman besides DS.

2) he's talking about main storyline so shiva and deadshot don't count.

3) Killer Croc IMO was not an assassin. Electrocutioner happened to be at the pit fighting for money. He didn't hunt batman there it was completely coincidental that they were both there. DS yes he already stated DS actually hunted bats. Copperhead... I honestly don't know what to say here cause bats was going to the Steel Mill for the joker and black mask so idk if she knew he was going there or if she just happened to be in the steel mill. The only thing I'm sure of is that she didn't hunt him cause she didn't follow him there and she didn't lure him cause bats was going there for BM and the joker so it wasn't her doing that she was there. Bane... Once again he really didn't hunt for bats but anticipated where bats would go but he did more then most of the other assassins did to get to bats. Firefly... This is where i disagree with the OP... I feel that firefly was hunting bats and when it didn't work he resorted to terrorizing and burning the bridge to lure bats out which consider to be hunting.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@patrat18: Not even talking about the glitches. The story sucked, great idea but fell so short.

The main plot: "8 assassins after your head, what are you going to do?"

It's only 6 assassins, and they weren't even "after your head" the only assassin that surprised

me was Deathstroke, at no other point did I feel like I was being hunted, also, the whole assassin concept dropped like 20 percent into the game. Also I thought for once someone besides the Joker would be the main villain, Black Mask, that's refreshing. BUT WAIT...Joker IS Black Mask!! How ridiculous.

Plus the gameplay was awful.

That's your opinion. The fighting was the same as arkham city. The story sucked?? I could post 6 reviews saying that your opinion is wrong. It was the best part. It is 8 assassins i wonder if you even tried to complete the game after the story. The Joker twist was brilliant. It was a great way to introduce Joker to Batman. Anyways (IT'S YOUR OPINION)

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well, glad I didn't buy this game. Sounds like everything I was worried would happen happened.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm not really going to take your review with much consideration seeing how you judge a game.

You don't seem to care much for story seeing as you said ' Read a book if you want only a superior story. It's a game. '

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By darkbeam

I really wish that this was not in continuity with the other Arkham games.I should have know that the story wouldn't be as good without Paul Dini writing it.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: i thought the story was good but it had MUCH more potential.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: we'll I heard that the story takes place 5 years before Arkham asylum and I really don't think that fits.I mean why does Gordon look so old in asylum compared to him in origins.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: Yeah i heard that too but i really dont think the timeline fits at all so i just kind of ignored that.

Mulder15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's never been said that it takes place 5 years before Asylum.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#65  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The game wasn't perfect and while it wasn't better than the two previous installments, I still enjoyed the main story and enjoyed seeing this defining moment in Batman's early career.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@giantsfan576 said:

@patrat18: Not even talking about the glitches. The story sucked, great idea but fell so short.

It's only 6 assassins, and they weren't even "after your head" the only assassin that surprised

me was Deathstroke, at no other point did I feel like I was being hunted, also, the whole assassin concept dropped like 20 percent into the game. Also I thought for once someone besides the Joker would be the main villain, Black Mask, that's refreshing. BUT WAIT...Joker IS Black Mask!! How ridiculous.

That's your opinion. The fighting was the same as arkham city. The story sucked?? I could post 6 reviews saying that your opinion is wrong. It was the best part. It is 8 assassins i wonder if you even tried to complete the game after the story. The Joker twist was brilliant. It was a great way to introduce Joker to Batman. Anyways (IT'S YOUR OPINION)

No Caption Provided

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By giantsfan576

@giantsfan576 said:

@cheesesticks: Read a book if you want only a superior story. It's a game.

Also nothing that special about taking over a prison.

Because it's a game you doesn't need a good story? God, i know why you think that City was the best. A story in a video game is very important dude.

Why then? Why do I think City the best? I'm immature? Unintelligent? What are you implying? Anyway I agree but gameplay is more important than story in a game. Arkham City had a great story anyway, not just about the prison, mainly him and Joker being poisoned, searching for a cure or else they will die together.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ganon15

@giantsfan576: LOL Second that face-desk, some people here can be VERY hypocritical about their 'opinions' by stating them as if they were facts to disprove another's opinion.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mulder15: yeah somewhere it did. I don't remember where I will have to get back to you on that.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Not even about precautions for the batcave. Bane told batman "I am in your house Bruce" and Batman found that Bane damaged the Batcomputer and killed Alfred. After Bruce revives him he thinks it over and just leaves.

Did Bane leave too? Why didn't Batman do anything, Bane did know about the Batcave, no?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve: Not even about precautions for the batcave. Bane told batman "I am in your house Bruce" and Batman found that Bane damaged the Batcomputer and killed Alfred. After Bruce revives him he thinks it over and just leaves.

Did Bane leave too? Why didn't Batman do anything, Bane did know about the Batcave, no?

I don't know what you expect of Bruce in that situation. Alfred asks him to stay home at the beginning of the game since the contract on him is only good for 24 hours. Bruce says innocent lives will be put in jeopardy to get to him. None of that would have changed. His best course of action was to leave and find Bane, which he did.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By giantsfan576

@pokeysteve: What I don't get is that Bane said he's in Bruces house. Bruce gets there saves Alfred and leaves.

Bane just left as well?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve: What I don't get is that Bane said he's in Bruces house. Bruce gets there saves Alfred and leaves.

Bane just left as well?

Mind games. He was getting in Bruce's head. Trying to throw him off of his game.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By ccraft

I don't find Batman Arkham series fun to play anyways, I find it to too easy to beat up thugs and the bosses.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game still sucks

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird. It's not that it sucked, but it really was nothing special. I mean, come on... it's exactly, precisely the same as the previous one. The plot was non-existent... I don't know, I didn't really feel much while I was playing it. It felt very mono-tone.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game was mediocre, at best.

They don't need to shoehorn Joker into every story. I was looking forward to Black Mask being the feature villain, and I was let down.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the game was ok nothing special as it was a huge let down from the two previous games ,my main problem with the game is freezing every time i level up & try to upgrade anything boom it froze resetting me back before i leveled up .

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else think Alfred was going to die? I don't think we ever seen him in the other games only hear him I thought they would do a iron man Jarvis kind of thing

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think so. It's really fun.

I don't know how anyone came into this game expecting it to be as good as Asylum or City, it's not even by the same company, and there's no real story to the game. You can tell that much just by the trailer.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it takes place long before Asylum and City then wtf does Batman have all of his gadgets from those 2 games plus more?! But Troy Baker did do a good job with Joker's voice.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Praying for a sequel to Arkham City, because I miss it a lot. But I think Arkham Origins had cool moments, it wasn't the best of the series, but hopefully developers take it and learn from it when making another one.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By giantsfan576

@theacidskull: nope. You're wrong. The game sucks. Not just a dissapointment. I give it a 3 out of 10 at best. Don't take only my word for it.

Destructoid: 3.5/10

Gamespot: 6.0/10

Gaming Trend: 4.0/10

Quater to Three: 2.0/10

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only person on the planet that thinks AA is amazing and the other two are just okay?

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@giantsfan576 said:

@patrat18 said:

No Caption Provided

@ganon15 said:

@giantsfan576: LOL Second that face-desk, some people here can be VERY hypocritical about their 'opinions' by stating them as if they were facts to disprove another's opinion.

Oh the Irony.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By modernww2fare
Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@modernww2fare: I think I've said this before but I thought the open world was empty space. They could have had all that side stuff without the open world. I also thought the boss fights in Origins were better than City.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take that giant metal dildo out of your ass and stop crying.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Gambit474

Am I the only one who thinks the OP sounds like an annoying ranting fanboy who can't handle it when someone has an opinion that differs from his own? He asks people for their opinion and then pretty much responds "NUH UH!!!". I for one thought Arkham City is highly overrated..Was it good? Yes. Flawless? Hell no. I definitely didn't care for the parts where you had to play as Catwoman..Ugh,and then there was stuff like they killed Talia. The story just felt uninteresting except for figuring out how Batman was going to cure himself..Anywho as for Origins I give them credit that they tried as a company that didn't work on the other two. People can't possibly sit there and expect that they'd be just as great as Rocksteady was with it on their first attempt.

I really can't take those complaining about Joker being the villain seriously as well since let's face it..It's a prequel to where he was the villain in the next 2 games therefore it should be obvious that he was going to show up at some point. I get tired of seeing him too but he still had to be introduced somehow. For me though I kind of liked the game simply because I felt like it went alongside the whole zero year stuff they've got going in Batman's comics right now where it's like his "beginnings"..Just felt neat playing a game that was suppose to be his early years while at the same time reading him doing almost the exact same thing in the books right now

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wtf???

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Arkham Asylum is still by far the best entry into the franchise by a long shot. Most consistent story, even though I thought Origins presented one that was superior to City. Combat is inconsequential as it remains the same throughout the following games. The more confined environment worked better for stealth and the pacing of the story. City had a fantastically realized world and I drooled at finding the homages to the Batman mythos but aside from that, it was largely a dull environment that despite some initial enjoyment with riddles, it played little purpose to any aspect of the game.

Origins felt a little too easy in comparison to the other games but it worked and it was more of the same, which was to be expected and hindered my enjoyment no less. The villain variety was refreshing, the characterization of the characters was fantastic but again, the open world felt like a chore to traverse and the riddles were less engaging than that of Asylum and City.

In my opinion, there's a noticeable difference between a bad game and one that was honestly just a let down. I feel like the latter option fits better with this situation.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked arkham origins quite a lot....... The boss fights were amazing, no denying that. i have found NO glitches on my xbox 360 playthrough...... The story also got me quite caught up and the joke was also quite good. Yeah there are ldxx easter eggs and all, but it really doesn't digress a lot from other arkham games....

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm... Did you even play the game??? Because the gameplay was the exact same thing as it was in asylum and city... The only differences are the shock glowes and the remote claw which was a little OP but no one said you HAVE to use them.... Tell me one gameplay factor that was different in origins.....

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: nope. You're wrong. The game sucks. Not just a dissapointment. I give it a 3 out of 10 at best. Don't take only my word for it.

Destructoid: 3.5/10

Gamespot: 6.0/10

Gaming Trend: 4.0/10

Quater to Three: 2.0/10

Lol you're so angry because you paid full price for this didn't you?