• 126 results
#1 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite game of all time is Arkham City, by far, this game is similar in many ways but still finds a way to suck, the following may contain some spoilers.

They managed to screw up the hand to hand combat, much more glitchy.

The story is too straight foward, you go from place to place and fight 6 of the 8 assassins, no deadshot or shiva. (And you fight Bane 3 times, and ond boss, electrocutioner, you literally just press X)

It's not an Origin story, at all. (OHHH but there's a 20 dollar DLC origin story so it's ok!!! Greedy pigs)

"8 assassins after your head, what are you going to do?" Yet it's only 6 assassins and they're not even after me, you go up to each assassin and fight them, they never hunt you.

Roger-Craig Smith

It shows hints of things that could be good in the story, but fail hard, like when Bruces identity is breached and Alfred is killed, though being a prequel we knew he'd live. Bruce revives him, leaves, and takes NO more precautions to his identity being breached.

Glaring plot holes, Batmans suit and gadgete are much more advanced before Asylum and City, Bane only loses his memory after taking titan, unlike everyone (later in time) that takes titan dies etc.

The ending was god-awful. Easiest boss fight ever and it abruptly ends.

They recycled many things from Arkham City yet found a way to make them suck, such as the combat system and map

Many many many bugs, saves getting corupted, black screens, dialogue issues etc. Game was clearly rushed.

Arkham Asylum: 8.9/10

Arkham City: 10/10 (how can anyone disagree? It's flawless)

Arkham Origins 6/10

#2 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Its pretty ridiculous to say that Arkham City is Flawless IMO. No game is

2. Origins was a pretty big disappointment I agree.

3. What's the difference between a 6 and a 6.2? x_X

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33951 posts) - - Show Bio

You fight Deadshot in a side quest but yes, it was.

#4 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: I changed it to 6 but pleasd name one thing that is wrong with Arkham City and hencd makes it not flawless.

#5 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Seriously 1 thing wrong with Arkham City, Im waiting.

Oh right, there is NOTHING wrong with it. No plot holes, flaws in game mechanics etc.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh right, there is NOTHING wrong with it. No plot holes, flaws in game mechanics etc.

Bane sucked ass.

Hugo strange, was still a lackey instead of the main bad guy.

The game was amazing, but it wasn't flawless.

#7 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: Game bugs, slightly repetitive combat, the catwoman nonsense,etc. Its not a perfect game but it's close IMO

#8 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i just read rocksteady is developing a new aaa title with kevin conroy so the real arkham game inbound?

i didnt pick up orgins because i knew it was a different developer and i heard some negative so

#9 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: It's not 100% confirmed but that appears to be what's happening.

#10 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Bane wasn't part of the story. He was one side quest and you you didn't even fight him.

That's called a plot twist, ever heard of it?

#11 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: @tazzmission: Conroy leaked it in person by mistake a while back, it's happening. Can't wait, gonna be the good developers like it should be.

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5537 posts) - - Show Bio

Very disappointed but glad I Gamefly'd it instead of dropping 60 on it.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Bane wasn't part of the story. He was one side quest and you you didn't even fight him.

That's called a plot twist, ever heard of it?

That doesn't excuses the game from mistreating him like this, Hush for example, got a much better treatment and story. bane just waved his fists and the got locked up. If you are putting him in the game you should make it count.

It was very predictable, it's not a bad plot twist, but Hugo should not have been reduced to a lackey. Hugo mentions a higher power in the game many times, one could piece it together.

#14 Edited by ImmortalOne (3498 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576 said:

lol, you gave him 4 minutes to answer before saying "I'm waiting." like he actually saw your post.

#15 Posted by Bawlsz (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is disappointing, the bugs and glitches in particular had me wondering how it got released. The Deathstroke DLC is lackluster. Gotham is big just for the sake of being bigger, with no real interesting place to go or explore. Not enough variety, Story pacing and introduction of villains were disappointing.

#16 Posted by OreoAssassin (5517 posts) - - Show Bio

Very VERY disappointing.

#17 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

im not gonna buy origins because it is a shameful, poor copy of Arkham City, they blatantly just wanted to release a new Batman game but couldnt be bothered to make anything new

#18 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I am 8 hours in and happen to love the game. When I found out Black Mask was being impersonated by Joker I lost my shit!

#19 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: "It was very predictable, not a bad plot twist"

Do you hear yourself?

#20 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Conroy leaked it in person by mistake a while back, it's happening. Can't wait, gonna be the good developers like it should be.

makes me wonder if its the rumored silver age jla game that was teased also. if it is i may jump back into gaming

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: "It was very predictable, not a bad plot twist"

Do you hear yourself?

It's not bad, but it's still predictable. :P

You need to chill man and start talking more civilly.

#22 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: @theacidskull: Also there's "8 assassins after your head" yet the only one that actually comes after you and surprises you is Deathstroke. You go up to each single boss and fight them yourself.

I never once felt hunted or like I head to watch over my shoulder.

#23 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: I agree but why do you feel that way specifically?

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: @theacidskull: Also there's "8 assassins after your head" yet the only one that actually comes after you and surprises you is Deathstroke. You go up to each single boss and fight them yourself.

I never once felt hunted or like I head to watch over my shoulder.

I haven't played the game yet, but a major disappointment? we'll see.

#25 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it but again it was predictable with the whole joker thing they overhyped the assassins and I thought deathstroke would be more involved wasn't too challenging but I'm hoping the dlc story will bring redemption. Arkham city is the bees knees loved it to pieces, asylum didn't really care for probably because I played city first but origins is okay besides the glitches they need to patch.

#26 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: No amount of DLCs excuse it. That's companies being greedy, Im judging the content of the game.

And yeah at no point did I feel like I was being hunted by the assassins.

#27 Posted by Pokeysteve (8422 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576:

They managed to screw up the hand to hand combat, much more glitchy.

Agreed.

The story is too straight foward, you go from place to place and fight 6 of the 8 assassins, no deadshot or shiva. (And you fight Bane 3 times, and ond boss, electrocutioner, you literally just press X)

I thought the story was the best of the three. Batman earning Jim's trust and weeding out the bad eggs in the GCPD. I was more pissed at the fact that Bruce beats Deathstroke in a straight hand to hand fight within his first couple years as Batman. BS. The nobody character getting one shotted I was fine with.

It shows hints of things that could be good in the story, but fail hard, like when Bruces identity is breached and Alfred is killed, though being a prequel we knew he'd live. Bruce revives him, leaves, and takes NO more precautions to his identity being breached

He couldn't exactly stop what he was doing to spruce up the Batcave.

Glaring plot holes, Batmans suit and gadgete are much more advanced before Asylum and City, Bane only loses his memory after taking titan, unlike everyone (later in time) that takes titan dies etc.

The gadget thing should be ignored. It's a game. The problems with the titan formula were explained. It was a prototype sort of deal and was not tested. I think Bane was the first to take that version and he already has venom traces in his system. Joker was trying to come up with a formula for a permanent change.

The ending was god-awful. Easiest boss fight ever and it abruptly ends.

I have to agree because I just finished the story a couple days ago and don't even remember the last fight lol. Bane was a bitch to beat. Had a hard time with him.

Many many many bugs, saves getting corupted, black screens, dialogue issues etc. Game was clearly rushed.

God do I agree with this. I heard the company is working on fixes for some things.

All in all I though Origins had the best story, Asylum had the best fights but City is probably the best. I thought the story was the worst though. The idea of squaring off part of the city to make it a prison is retarded and the whole Hugo Strange wasn't working for me. I liked the Joker's part though.

#28 Posted by redleader1 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: it did not feel like a batman game asylums atmosphere was perfect. It fit the world like you can see the tech and yhe city but deep down Bruce will be this the asylum and amedueses story fit him ( watch the superhero rewind review to get more of why). Makeing joker be the main villian in the end they just throw him in there after a great moment with strange. The whole batman is better than everyone plot with ras is always annoying it makes him lose the creature of the night feel. The Easter eggs they did not feel well placed, in asylum they were great like Ratcatcher have his gear on the vent like he would. Or the news paper clipings on Prometheus and the mad dog one they feel like they aren't there for riddles but to show that there is more to this world it makes it look like there is more stuff to it mysteries and it truly felt like a batman game. The Easter eggs in City only told story's about this one like they exist just to make this story look better which is stupid it makes it feel like there is no depth like only the main villians are important and that the comics don't matter. They don't feel in charector but instead just self marketing in there own game

#29 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: You think the Asylum has the best fights? Boss fights you mean?

And also, despite a 50 million bounty I never felt "hunted" I went up to each individual boss and fought them myself. Kinda dumb. Your thoughts on that?

#30 Edited by redleader1 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: also the museum was to long and felt like it had 5 Easter eggs and that the only reason it was there also penguin was out of charector he is a gentleman not a brute they made him suck and it was kinds a racist stereotype. Also why is Solomon's origin changed and they never explane why is he at the museum. Plus bats punches can't hurt his do how do they here. Next is that two face was sidelined they marketed it to be that he was big but instead he only was there to get joker in the spotlight. Hugo was weak they made him look and feel like the comic version but then they say on it was ras I mean come on they ruined all the potential. Also big plot hole asylum shows that strange is already a batman villian then in city he never heard of him. Also it's illogical that freeze would attack bats to make him find his wife after all batman is hurt and will die if not given the cure so logically he should give him it then gave him find Nora also by attacking him he is make vats get closer to death or killing him there so then Nora will die. Also why did babs not help Bruce out at first also why did dick and Tim not disobey and help Bruce befor and I know huge made dick save Alfred and Tim had to go to the hospitals but before they could help. Also the plot hole of what did happen with bane in asylum bane broke the bat and knightfall happend like in the comics but we meet the guy who filled in for Bruce called azrael but Bruce never knew his so everything is messed up. Also the game had horrible glitches to drops in frame and tons of invisible thugs and walks that thugs met through hell I had a thug fly up onto a ledge. Also back to the Easter eggs and feel asylum made it feel like regardless of all the countnuity the charectors and world can be shown without telling everything like no matter how many story's the heart of the batman charector and universe can still be shown. With city it felt empty and to small like all kinds of story's never happend and the charectors don't matter only the stuff that gives them money. The joker did not make enough jokes or have fun in asylum he was great but here lots of out of charector moments from both joker and basil. The marketing sucked it did not get the game it was all like look it a gimick buy it the song in the one trailer tryed to be all cool but showed they don't get batman or the meaning of the charector it's like how most people see him they think he can beat anyone only the joker can be a villian and he is all cool and actually is a playboy when he actually portends to be. When at heart he is a monster a creature of the night not some cool playboy with a suit he is broken and has important morles hell I has seen so many people say he kills and he would use a gun it's just this game did not get him it like the dark knight fans miss the point of the charector and that he is mysterious but does not just fight crime but his own mind and this horrible worl like he knows there is stuff that you don't relize but he does he knows fear as he is always afraid he kinda seems wgat his mind is the creepiness and fear stuff like comic Grundy there is no answer stuff just happens like a bat flying through a window that why asylum is better it is the batman in a world that sometimes has stuff that can't happen happen but it does and it is all represented at the asylum. City is the world with the guy whose parents died so he is a guy who never fails and is happy with bring a playboy brat asylum is the lost creature that only cause it had to no reason just did that a bat smashed through his window

#31 Posted by Queso6p4 (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: I was fearful that they would just cash in on people's past experiences with Asylum and Arkham City, as well as Batman's ability to sell. I remember hearing that Rocksteady wasn't as involved in the development as they were in the first two games so that was a downer for me. When they revealed that they'd be featuring Deadshot again I was a bit more put off. I still wanted to play this before skimming this thread, but now I may just hold off entirely on buying it and just rent it. Not complaining about what people are posting here; it just confirms my fears.

#32 Posted by Pokeysteve (8422 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: You think the Asylum has the best fights? Boss fights you mean?

And also, despite a 50 million bounty I never felt "hunted" I went up to each individual boss and fought them myself. Kinda dumb. Your thoughts on that?

Yes boss fights. Sorry.

I agree. It would have been great if they had one or two of the assassins surprise you when you weren't expecting it. Batman did say he would go after them but still.

#33 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: True but I pray that the dlc will make it more worth it not just initiation but the supposed extra story. Don't care much for the skins. But that assassins to me were the biggest let down since they excited so many on it. Croc should have just been black masks bodyguard and electrocutioner should have just been penguin's champion in the ring. Give us two more assassins actually in te main quest

#34 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6251 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it wouldn't be as good as Rocksteady's game that's why I'm not trippin lol.

#35 Posted by ganon15 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing I didn't buy it yet.

#36 Edited by CheeseSticks (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Asylum was better than City. Origins was good, the only bad thing was the twist of Black mask being the Joker. Bane was the best Bane of the serie. He was actually smart. Deathstroke fight was amazing. Deadshot and Shiva were not used enough. It was a good game aside from the bugs and that plot twist.

#37 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Immortal777 (7681 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that really bother me that was unforgivable was Batman beating Deathstroke so easily.

#39 Posted by redleader1 (546 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

Atmosphere. While it was fun to play as Batman in a big city/GTA environment, it lacked the claustrophobic environment of Arkham Asylum. And because of that, I actually prefer the first one.

Also, it lacked Batman's best in-game, Scarecrow. All of his fights in AA were amazing.

#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13419 posts) - - Show Bio

not being able to use my DLC characters in the open word kind sucked.

#42 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: How is Asylum better than City in any way? I agree with everything else though.

@havenless: How is a claustrophobic environment better?

#43 Posted by CheeseSticks (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: How is Asylum better than City in any way? I agree with everything else though.

@havenless: How is a claustrophobic environment better?

The story was superior

#44 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: Read a book if you want only a superior story. It's a game.

Also nothing that special about taking over a prison.

#45 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins was good. The second best out the series so far. I'm loving the new voice actors. Also, the combat system? It's the same exact friggin' thing it has been for the past 3 games! Just because your title happened to be glitchy doesn't mean everyone's is.

#46 Posted by patrat18 (10183 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins was a good game. The story was amazing. My ps3 copy was only glitchy when i was traveling in the Batplane. Not everybody's game was the same.

#47 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: What is the best arkham game so far?

#48 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Not even talking about the glitches. The story sucked, great idea but fell so short.

The main plot: "8 assassins after your head, what are you going to do?"

It's only 6 assassins, and they weren't even "after your head" the only assassin that surprised

me was Deathstroke, at no other point did I feel like I was being hunted, also, the whole assassin concept dropped like 20 percent into the game. Also I thought for once someone besides the Joker would be the main villain, Black Mask, that's refreshing. BUT WAIT...Joker IS Black Mask!! How ridiculous.

Plus the gameplay was awful.

#49 Posted by JediXMan (30962 posts) - - Show Bio

The TC is hilarious.

"Arkham City is flawless." Yeah, nothing is flawless. Hate to break it to ya. And yes, Bane did suck; whether it's a side mission or not, it's still part of the game.

#50 Edited by JediXMan (30962 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576 said:

@cheesesticks: Read a book if you want only a superior story. It's a game.

Also nothing that special about taking over a prison.

You do realize that Arkham Asylum was based on a graphic novel, right?