#1 Edited by Geno (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone be so kind as to provide recommendations for books that feature the two teaming up? Throughout all of their appearances, be it in cartoons or comics, I've always thought Batman and the Flash had a very interesting dynamic. Batman's usual partnership with Superman just feels bland and overdone to me - plus I'm not overly fond of Superman in general. Are there any trades out there, or even noteworthy issues that prominently feature a team up of Batman and the Flash?

#2 Posted by RBT (4472 posts) - - Show Bio

They teamed up in Detective comics 4 and 6 IIRC. But its not much of a team up.

#3 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Flash arc Ignition (Flash 201-206, which takes place after Blitz), Batman is a secondary but important character in the story and appears in a couple issues. He also appears later when Flash is re-introduced to the Justice League.

Oh and there's also the upcoming Zero Year Flash issue but I'm not sure if that one counts since it seems only Barry will appear, not Flash.

#4 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

Fashpoint immediately comes to mind, but I don't think that counts either. They need to have a Batman/Flash ongoing. :P

#5 Posted by The_Comebacks (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Fashpoint immediately comes to mind, but I don't think that counts either. They need to have a Batman/Flash ongoing. :P

^this

#6 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

#7 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

Agreed.

I really wouldn't mind that. I think it'd be cool.

#8 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Agreed.

By Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee!

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

@rustyroy said:

Agreed.

Although he's a great Batman writer, I don't know if Azz can write a good Flash, I think Booch and Manapul will be best for a Batman/Flash series and if it was possible then Mark Waid would be a great choice.

#10 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#11 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@rustyroy said:

Agreed.

Although he's a great Batman writer, I don't know if Azz can write a good Flash, I think Booch and Manapul will be best for a Batman/Flash series and if it was possible then Mark Waid would be a great choice.

I have yet to see Mark Waid write Batman or Flash, but I'd love to read it. I'm sure he'd do an outstanding job.

Edit: Has he written either of those characters before?

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@rustyroy said:

Agreed.

I'd be sold on Booch and Man writing a Batman/Flash series. They killed it on Flash and they're going to kill it on 'Tec.

#13 Edited by Jake Fury (19142 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to see Mark Waid write Batman or Flash, but I'd love to read it.

Yeah, he wrote Tower OF Babel, he along with Morrison and Miller invented the Batgod and he's work on Flash is awesome.

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury: Thanks for the info. :)

@rustyroy said:

I have yet to see Mark Waid write Batman or Flash, but I'd love to read it.

Yeah, he wrote Tower OF Babel, he along with Morrison and Miller invented the Batgod and he's work on Flash is awesome.

Everybody loves Batgod. :)

I'll check out some of his Flash stuff. Anything you'd recommend in particular? Maybe in a PM so this guy's thread back on track?

#16 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

You know that actually does sound kind of interesting. I would buy that.

#17 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything you'd recommend in particular?

From Mark Waid I'd personally recommend Born to Run (Wally's origin), the Return of Barry Allen and Chain Lightning/the Dark Flash Saga (these two are connected). I think the Dark Flash saga hasn't been completed in Comixolgy yet but everything else is highly recommended.

#18 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

@jldoom: Thanks, man. I appreciate the suggestions. :)

#19 Posted by Spideysense44 (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

really cant wait to see these two on screen together

#20 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6287 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash probably knows.

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash probably knows.

uhhhh... idk. LOL. They haven't really teamed-up. So no, I can't think of any

#23 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: There was a Timmverse comic where they teamed up.

#24 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: what is it called?

I don't remember, I read it years ago but I'm 100% sure it was from the Batman Adventures or whatever it was called.

#26 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6287 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Lol Flashpoint is all I got...but not really Batman :(

#27 Posted by Bogey (952 posts) - - Show Bio

You can search the Brave and the Bold comics. Batman teamed up with everyone.

#28 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8452 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@battle_forum_junkie: @arturocalakayvee: How about Morrison and Lee on a Batman/Flash ongoing

I would have no objections to that. DC, make this happen!

Lee's N52 art is overrated, in my opinion, his Pre52 stuff was perfect. Still great but now I'd rather have an artist who can dedicate their full time to their book(s) and Lee can't do that. Morrison, I'd be on board for though.

#31 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@battle_forum_junkie: @arturocalakayvee: How about Morrison and Lee on a Batman/Flash ongoing

Lee's N52 art is overrated, in my opinion, his Pre52 stuff was perfect. Still great but now I'd rather have an artist who can dedicate their full time to their book(s) and Lee can't do that. Morrison, I'd be on board for though.

Yeah I agree about Lee, the only think about his first New 52 JL arc was his Flash.

#32 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I completely agree.

I mean,his pre-new 52 stuff was great,especially on Hush and Trinity and other things like that.....but in the new 52 Justice League series,I hurt my eyes looking at his art. There were lines upon lines upon lines on a person's costume. Most of them were so unnecessary.