#1 Posted by jphulk26 (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is it with Batman fans and prep time? Every make believe battle he´s in, all I hear is, he can win with prep time. That´s useless, surely he should be able to win from the start, which is what I think. Unless he´s blind sited. Even with Daredevil and Captain America, whose ass Batman would royally kick, I here guys saying with prep time he could win. If he can´t win without prep time as far as I´m concerned he´s lost.

Or maybe I´m getting what you mean wrong. Cause surely you can´t mean, look give him 2 years to plan the fight and he can win? cause that´s bullshit. But if you mean Batman finds out he needs to take someone out, while they´re not their, so he kits up and gets what he needs for battle then goes in and fights? AND DON´T HIS OPPONENTS GET THE SAME PREP TIME AS BATMAN? Or are they not allowed to prepare? Or what does it actually mean?

#2 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just something fans say because, thanks to stories like TDKR and Tower of Babel, it's been shown that, with adequate prep, Batman can defeat most opponents who completely out-class him. Basically, Batman has been portrayed as Uber-prepared for most any eventuality. It comes from his training and obssesive nature (not to mention his genius intellect.) It's blown out of proportion by his more rabid fans, however. No different than people who believe Dr. Doom w/prep can beat God itself (although, he kind of has.) Oh, and Captain America would DESTROY Batman in a straight-up fight. :)

#3 Posted by SupermanWins465 (218 posts) - - Show Bio
Any period of time sufficient for preparing for combat, or any situation, including but not limited to the activities of surveying the area; making note of anything capable of being used as a weapon; setting up diversions or surprises; making a plan for exploiting any and all of the opponent(s)'s weaknesses; clearing the area of children, old ladies, war veterans, etc. who might prove an unfortunate distraction, and so on. Often used for the sake of discussion in the case of Batman, particularly through matching him against various other fictional characters, be they hero or villain, Marvel or DC, Alien or Predator, Garrus or Wrex, within the media of film, tv, video games, novels, music, short stories, poetry, tall tales, urban legend, or ethnocultural myth. It is a commonly-held assertion that, in the absence of prep time, Batman would find himself on the losing side of many an engagement, particularly if his opponent was endowed with superpowers, magical abilities, or highly-advanced technology. Thus, many a frequenter of online discussion forums, more often if they are a fan of a fictional character OTHER than Batman, has thought it necessary/amusing to post a topic asking other frequenters of said forum whether they believed Batman might lose to a given opponent in martial confrontation if he had no time to prepare for that encounter. This is, of course, an improperly conceived question, because there is always prep time when you're the goddamn Batman.

#4 Posted by dondave (34442 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

It's just something fans say because, thanks to stories like TDKR and Tower of Babel, it's been shown that, with adequate prep, Batman can defeat most opponents who completely out-class him. Basically, Batman has been portrayed as Uber-prepared for most any eventuality. It comes from his training and obssesive nature (not to mention his genius intellect.) It's blown out of proportion by his more rabid fans, however. No different than people who believe Dr. Doom w/prep can beat God itself (although, he kind of has.) Oh, and Captain America would DESTROY Batman in a straight-up fight. :)

QFT

#5 Edited by jphulk26 (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: @80sBaby said:

Oh, and Captain America would DESTROY Batman in a straight-up fight. :)

Sure he would, Bane did after all. Even though I hated that story, and I hate Bane. But Batman the way I see him wouldn´t fight Cap straight up. He could just hide in the shadows and put him out with a tranq dart. The problem with a lot of Batman writers is they don´t get that with him and have him straight up fighting people he´d obviously lose against. why would a genius do that?

@SupermanWins465 said:

Any period of time sufficient for preparing for combat, or any situation, including but not limited to the activities of surveying the area; making note of anything capable of being used as a weapon; setting up diversions or surprises; making a plan for exploiting any and all of the opponent(s)'s weaknesses; clearing the area of children, old ladies, war veterans, etc. who might prove an unfortunate distraction, and so on. Often used for the sake of discussion in the case of Batman, particularly through matching him against various other fictional characters, be they hero or villain, Marvel or DC, Alien or Predator, Garrus or Wrex, within the media of film, tv, video games, novels, music, short stories, poetry, tall tales, urban legend, or ethnocultural myth. It is a commonly-held assertion that, in the absence of prep time, Batman would find himself on the losing side of many an engagement, particularly if his opponent was endowed with superpowers, magical abilities, or highly-advanced technology. Thus, many a frequenter of online discussion forums, more often if they are a fan of a fictional character OTHER than Batman, has thought it necessary/amusing to post a topic asking other frequenters of said forum whether they believed Batman might lose to a given opponent in martial confrontation if he had no time to prepare for that encounter. This is, of course, an improperly conceived question, because there is always prep time when you're the goddamn Batman.

I don´t think you get it I´m a Batman fan, and as far as I´m concerned, I could see how he could beat many characters within reason. I mean he can´t be Hulk or Dr. Manhattan or Silver Surfer or Doomsday. But he can beat Superman, Predator etc. I don´t think he needs prep time for this. If there´s a weakness that Bats can exploit he´ll do it. There´s no way as well he´s going to come out and confront some one really powerful without figuring him out first. So I don´t know what the argument is. Obviously if he´s just teleported into a arena with Captain Marvel, he´ll lose.