Batman a green lantern?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

ive been thinking about this for a while. and I know that for the purpose of storytelling they couldn't just give a gl ring to Bruce instead of Hal. but ill ask anyway. Why would the ring choose Hal over Bruce or even John Constantine?

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Theres a story about the ring choosing Bruce instead of Hal called "In Darkest Knight" also a yellow ring tried to chose Batman during one of the Lantern Stories but he declined it.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#3  Edited By Extremis

@sog7dc: Because Hal has the ability to overcome great fear more than others. Bats has the ability to instill fear - very different. Hence why Bruce was once 'chosen' by a yellow ring.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

we already have several of these. there is no definitive answer which you obviously seem to know yet are asking anyway. the explanation Geoff Johns tried to give was that Batman couldn't work the ring because Bruce chooses/immerses himself in fear which is viewed by the Corps as (to quote John Stewart) a coward's weapon and is ruled by his paranoia. his willpower is fueled by his fear and grief whereas Hal's is naturally strong-willed and moves past his traumas rather than letting him rule his life. obviously this isn't accepted by everyone who and you answered the question already. a Green Lantern ring goes against Batman's character and could honestly only serve to devalue him and other Green Lanterns.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Ok let's pump the brakes here buddy.

1. I didn't know.

2. I don't ask questions I know the answer to and I'm pretty sure I put this in the "general discussion" forum. I wanted to discuss it with polite people

3. You could learn some manners. I wasn't rude to you don't be rude to me.

If you don't like the thread or there are others then don't post on it. You don't have to be a bully

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@avenging_x_bolt: Ok let's pump the brakes here buddy.

1. I didn't know.

Did you look?

2. I don't ask questions I know the answer to and I'm pretty sure I put this in the "general discussion" forum. I wanted to discuss it with polite people

Your exact statement was "ive been thinking about this for a while. and I know that for the purpose of storytelling they couldn't just give a gl ring to Bruce instead of Hal. but ill ask anyway. Why would the ring choose Hal over Bruce or even John Constantine?". you blatantly admitted that you knew the true reason but chose to ask anyway.

if you're referring to the in-story reason then i was nice enough to elaborate on that for you.

3. You could learn some manners. I wasn't rude to you don't be rude to me.

How was i being rude?

If you don't like the thread or there are others then don't post on it. You don't have to be a bully

im not being a bully. im simply stating that this is a duplicate thread which is against the rules. you're being oversensitive.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

I think he'd be better in the Sinestro corps

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SOG7dc

@avenging_x_bolt:

I asked a question why, except for the purpose of the story, would a gl ring pick Hal over bruce. I know the real world answer but I'm asking why is Hal more worthy than Bruce. And yea I google searched and didn't see one so I made one. And if comcivine wants to make it against the rules then comicvine shook fix it's broken search function. Bottom line I felt a though your post was very condescending an there's a nicer way to talk to people.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@sog7dc said:

@avenging_x_bolt:

I asked a question why, except for the purpose of the story, would a gl ring pick Hal over bruce. I know the real world answer but I'm asking why is Hal more worthy than Bruce. And yea I google searched and didn't see one so I made one.

And if comcivine wants to make it against the rules then comicvine shook fix it's broken search function.

there isn't anything wrong with the search function. you have to make sure that the right search criteria is selected (topic,user, so on so forth) I use it constantly with no problems whatsoever.

Bottom line I felt a though your post was very condescending an there's a nicer way to talk to people.

I dont see what was condescending about it. condescending is when you talk to someone as if they are stupid or of less worth.