Batgod is bad but Doomgod is good?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heatforce

Not trying to stir the pot but the complaints are just silly. Lol he just sat in the stupid chair and it's already the worst idea ever and ruined batman? Yes, Wonder Woman - a goddess - used her unbreakable lasso to yank another god off his godly booster seat and before the chair was beamed up by Scotty, batman saves the JL via winning in musical chairs. That's a problem? I mean no offense to Doom and Marvel but at least we see how batman became batgod. I'll just assume doom kicked all the ivory kings in their "little beyonders" and won the fight.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I...think I agree?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batgod solos

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spambot

idk why anyone would have a problem with Batman getting an upgrade. Seeing as people like Doom and Thanos have been nigh omnipotents multiple times I think Batman is long overdue for a form with skyfather+ powers. At least Batgirl didn't steal all of his suits and then declare herself the new Batman which might have happened if he were a Marvel character. Followed by Bruce becoming a destitute drunken hobo.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Doom is like Marvel's Bugs Bunny at this point. They have him do ridiculous sh*t because no one even takes him seriously anymore.

I have no issue with Batman's transformation, but I think that might be the difference in other's eyes.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh though the thing with Batman is...all he's done is get himself all knowledge via wiki chair. I mean yeah it's impressive, but once he gets off, he's going to lose all that knowledge is he not?

So it's great that Bats has done it, but let's not have people start overblowing it to Doom level or anything.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spambot

@granitesoldier: I don't think he's become quite that bad. Its sort of always been part of his character to seek out ultimate power because he is a megalomaniac. It suits his character to gain vast power. Batman isn't really obsessed with power so I think that's why it prob rubs some people the wrong way(even though I think its a cool thing to do). Some people just always are more comfortable with the status quo. Doom stealing and acquiring power is the status quo for him going back 4+ decades.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Squalleon

Doom is like Marvel's Bugs Bunny at this point. They have him do ridiculous sh*t because no one even takes him seriously anymore.

Please don't insult Bugs Bunny by comparing him to Doom again.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No one short of a new god should be able to just sit in the chair and gain knowledge. It looks cool and it souls cool but it undermines metro and everything that he is

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is honestly just annoying. That's the only difference

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: this. Except the new God thing. It should be only gods powered by the God wave. If that's still a thing in DC

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the problem it's not like Metron was always a God.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk why people think that the rest of Secret Wars they're just gonna skim over the fact that Doom took the beyonders' powers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

People just have an easier time dealing with villains being over powered for some reason.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gracetrack

@rpgesus said:

And Doom isn't? lol

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: what I meant is a lot more people find Batman annoying than dr doom. Imo dr doom is actually cool batman is just boring. But anyway that's probably where the complaints about batman come from and why you don't see as many about Dr doom. Regardless dr dooms ascendance to godhood seemed more fleshed out and one of the main parts of a huge story rather than batman jumping onto a chair after ww lassoed out a god and the presto you got the fanservice batgod

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rpgesus said:

And Doom isn't? lol

no

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus:

"what I meant is a lot more people find Batman annoying than dr doom."

Is that so? And how did you arrive at that conclusion?

@omnicrono said:
@rpgesus said:

And Doom isn't? lol

no

Wow.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: I got my info from Harvard Medical statistics version 3 2011 edition chapter 3 "batman stats " I will post scans asap.

Obviously I don't have the stats it just seems pretty obvious batman is pretty polarizing now a days. People either just think he's annoying/boring or falls victim to hipster disease where some people don't like him because he is popular

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the deal. There is an expectation that Batman is generally a street level detective and vigilante. In his solo titles he takes on guys like the Joker, Bane, Scarecrow.

Then you set him up where he's giving guys like Superman trouble or becoming a cosmic entity. It goes against the grain for the expectations most have of Batman. It creates a disconnect between him and a decent percentage of his audience.

Doom is and always has been a super science, high end guy. He's expected to give the FF trouble.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have a problem with Hal being a total dick to Metron lol. I thought they resolved their issues and moved on lol.

And what's it with superheroes never listening to others? Well, nvm. Batgod isn't that bad. cool idea. Opens up the story a bit now.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom is meant to do things like that on the regular. Batman isn't.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see how making a street leveler into a god compares to a Mid-tier villain stealing a god's powers.

Beata

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hyperlight: Wrong, the chair isnt even Metron's originally.

It's the Mobius chair, which belonged to Mobius...aka Anti-Monitor.

Anyone can sit on it, and other people have sat in it in the PN52 era of comics.

The Mobius chair is like Mjilnor.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Batman didn't sit on the chair to gain power; he sat on it to get the information Metron wasn't willing to provide the Justice League.

Batman was being a detective, of sorts.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gracetrack

@rpgesus:

Hmm, of two characters that shall remain nameless, we have:

A) a villain, a mere mortal, that constantly refers to himself in the 3rd person, is constantly stealing the powers of other characters in an attempt to rule over everybody due to his god complex (and wanting people to worship him), constantly insults other characters and rubs it into their faces that he's superior, is constantly achieving the absurd simply because of his intelligence (most of the time), is constantly lying and cheating to advance his own selfish agenda, and who is constantly making life miserable for every other hero and villain.

or

B) a hero, a mere mortal, that constantly tries to make his city and the world a safer place for everyone (sometimes at the cost of his own relationships and the way people view him), is constantly achieving the absurd simply because of his intelligence (most of the time), who sometimes lies and cheats to get the job done and save the day, and is constantly saving the lives of others.

Yeah, I'm going to vote Character A as the most "annoying" and generally unlikable of the two. But, to each his own opinion.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31 JediXMan  Moderator

That's always been Doom's thing, though. He is always attempting to gain power and achieve omnipotence.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Like I said though, I think its more because people are just rebelling against the idea of a godly Batman. I figured most fans would love the new Batman(not that its some sort of permanent change) but there are always some who want things to remain the same.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Doom is a joke now,a one trick pony,but since he speaks in third person he gets a pass...cause us fanboys love guys who speak in the third person,it's so edgy and badass.

@hyperlight: Wrong, the chair isnt even Metron's originally.

It's the Mobius chair, which belonged to Mobius...aka Anti-Monitor.

Anyone can sit on it, and other people have sat in it in the PN52 era of comics.

The Mobius chair is like Mjilnor.

Wrong,that's just Johns BS, some other Kirby loving writer will retcon this crap and no one will use Anti-Monitor after Johns,in fact no one did till Johns came along,he's a sucky character,a cosmic Doomsday. Mobius chair belongs to Metron.

regie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom sucks. Batman is cool.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Superguy1591

@entropy_aegis: The only thing Geoff Johns changed was that Anti-Monitor was the first one to sit on the chair. Other than that: I think Brainiac has sat on the chair (he definitely took Möbius off it) and this guy pops (Libra) up if you google Mobius chair...

No Caption Provided

It's an exclusive thing. Your Geoff Johns hate is just making you lash out, even though Geoff just made Batman into one of the smartest beings alive.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis: The only thing Geoff Johns changed was that Anti-Monitor was the first one to sit on the chair. Other than that: I think Brainiac has sat on the chair (he definitely took Möbius off it) and this guy pops (Libra) up if you google Mobius chair...

No Caption Provided

It's an exclusive thing. Your Geoff Johns hate is just making you lash out, even though Geoff just made Batman into one of the smartest beings alive.

That's just a cover,Libra never sat on the chair, and I dont mind someone else sitting on it. I mind the pointless Geoffcon which renamed Anti-Monitor as Mobius(is he even a Monitor now?).

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difference is Batman was all about being a mortal who can stand with the gods due to skill, grit and intelligence.

Being a powerful deity has always been Dooms main ambition. Would make more sense if it was Lex.

But, Batman does look badass

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Doom went back in time and killed every Molecule Man in the multiverse to prevent the destruction of the Mulitverse, started a religion/cult ( The Black Swans) and ultimately stole enough power to save and remake reality to his liking.

Batman...sat on a chair.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That is honestly beautiful. It's just missing Sentry and Thanos.

Nope.

Sentry is meant to be Godlike in powers.

Deal with it.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Fanboys. Always wanna start something between unrelated events. So what if Batman is a god now? That has nothing to do with Doom. I see no point in getting bent over someone else's opinion.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

when batman is made god............people complain

when doom is made god............people celebrate

and they say batman is more popular than doom...........

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jack Donaghy

We all know the real reason I've said it a million times in the past and I'll say it again: It's because hating Batman has become the cool "in" thing to do. Same reason people will complain about Superman being overpowered but won't say the same thing about Thor, the Flash, Green Lantern, Shazam, Silver Surfer, or Martian Manhunter. Those characters are all on Superman's power level and could beat him yet they aren't called out for being OP because they aren't nearly as popular and iconic as Superman. Same situation here. Outside of comic book fans nobody gives a crap about Doom so his villain sue antics get cheered because people feel so cool and underground for supporting a character only us nerds like. Batman does the same thing and he's called OP, boring, ruining comics and blah blah blah.

And lol at the person who said it's because Batman is annoying/boring and Doom isn't. Batman was just listed number 4 on the list of most popular movie characters, the highest ranking comic book character (Joker was 6th) and is arguably the most popular superhero in the world but people find him boring If he's boring what is Doom a character who no one outside these forums even cares about? If you looked up "Generic super villain" in the dictionary Doom's pic would be there I mean I like him but to act like he's vastly more interesting and complex than Batman is laughable. OMG referring to your self in 3rd person is so deep and complex. That sounded a little too harsh, didn't mean to crap on Doom like that but I still don't think he's inherently any more interesting than Batman is. There's a reason Batman's the most popular hero and his company and Doom is arguably not even the most popular villain in his franchise (you could argue Galactus is)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Doom went back in time and killed every Molecule Man in the multiverse to prevent the destruction of the Mulitverse, started a religion/cult ( The Black Swans) and ultimately stole enough power to save and remake reality to his liking.

Batman...sat on a chair.

Batman went back in time,started his own religion,went to the future accessed every knowledge that ever existed,came back and prevented universal annihilation.

Doom...is a one trick pony.