Batfleck...what do you think?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Do you think he was a good person to cast? Why or why not?

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm fine with it. He's a fine actor. I don't think he will be the problem.

Just wish the director and writer were better.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I think is too early to think anything, since we havent see anything from it, just a suit.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too early to tell but it's a bit weird seeing Daredevil as Batman.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

People are still talking about this? who cares? the guy is a good actor, so we know he can play the part.

FailSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was LOLWTFing like most people when I heard it, but judging from the suit and his later roles I'm sure he'll do great. What I'm more concerned over is Gaddot as WW...

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no doubt that he can play a good Bruce Wayne. It's his Batman that worries me.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another one of these..

finch head hit

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By deadcool_XD

a duck can play his role better

No Caption Provided

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care who plays Batman as long as he is good at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Considering we have yet to see the film, it's hard to tell. I'm hoping for the best.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChillxPill

Nope. I'd rather have Jaden Smith as Robin then Assfleck as Batman.

Lazzyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im ok with it, but lets judge after we watch the film

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Depends on what they are going for, from what we know his version is going to be a older and wiser batman, but what I want to know is if hes going to be mainly the darknight fighting criminals or is he going to be a detective (which I think Affleck would do a good at)

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bflynn316

This threads been done before.

And yeah he'll be fine.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Yes, he can act.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He'll do better then the Aquasamoan, Israeli Wondy, and whatever Dafuq that thing is they cast for Flash.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm very optimistic.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Difficult to say at this point since we've yet to even see a trailer/teaser. I thought Affleck did a good job as Daredevil/Matt Murdock and this is a somewhat similar type character, so my gut instinct tells he'll do good since DD was over ten years ago and I feel Affleck has gotten better. He certainly wasn't the first actor to come to mind when I was thinking who was going to be the new Batman/Wayne, but much remains to be seen.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll do just fine.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think he'll be better then Bale. I don't think he's the ideal role. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I don't think he'll be excellent by any means.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I'm fine with it. He's a fine actor. I don't think he will be the problem.

Just wish the director and writer were better.

What's wrong with the writer?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty optimistic. He was great im Gone Girl and has drastically improved as an actor. Also dem arms.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: ...You have a problem with an Oscar winner writing the script...?

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TimeLordScience

@silverpool: @jonny_anonymous: I forgot that they replaced Goyer.

EDIT: although I wasn't entirely wrong, as apparently Snyder and Goyer are still in charge of what the plot actually is.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'll wait for a trailer, but I'm definitely not sold.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are still talking about this? who cares? the guy is a good actor, so we know he can play the part.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Best batman ever

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By buttersdaman000

EDIT: although I wasn't entirely wrong, as apparently Snyder and Goyer are still in charge of what the plot actually is.

That's a good thing IMO. Goyer is just overseeing plots and storyboards from what I know, which is the same job he held in TDKT and Blade Trilogy. And people just like to pick on Snyder. He hasn't really made a bad movie yet.....maybe Sucker Punch, but that was a vanity project soooo

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the movie out?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By amazing_webhead

Nobody thought Micheal Keaton would be able to do it either

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I feel like the Dark Knight succeeded not because of Goyer but because Nolan had a strong vision for the character and wanted to uniquely adapt yet subvert seminal works on Batman. By this I mean he wanted to take works like Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, No Mans Land and tone them back in a way that was sensible for the medium he was working in. Man of Steel clearly lacks the vision that the Batman films had and certainly is not toning anything back in a way that is meaningful.

As for Snyder, it is correct that most of his movies are not utter garbage. Yet none of his movies are particularly good either. They are visually stylish but not much more. And it's important to note that Man of Steel is probably his least stylish movie. It really has been watered down for the masses.

TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TimeLordScience

@amazingwebhead: Michael Keaton is not a particularly great Batman, so I don't really see that argument working. I don't think Batman 1989 was successful because of Keaton. Most of it's success came from it's tone, which came from Burton and Elfman (an argument could be made for Nicholson as well) while Keaton could have been replaced and the movie would be largely the same. Keaton was cast because Burton was fond of him.

If we are all honest about it, none of the Batman actors have fit the character perfectly. At least not in the modern sense anyway, I think Adam West filled the boots of the Batman of that time period swimmingly.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I feel like the Dark Knight succeeded not because of Goyer but because Nolan had a strong vision for the character and wanted to uniquely adapt yet subvert seminal works on Batman. By this I mean he wanted to take works like Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, No Mans Land and tone them back in a way that was sensible for the medium he was working in. Man of Steel clearly lacks the vision that the Batman films had and certainly is not toning anything back in a way that is meaningful.

As for Snyder, it is correct that most of his movies are not utter garbage. Yet none of his movies are particularly good either. They are visually stylish but not much more. And it's important to note that Man of Steel is probably his least stylish movie. It really has been watered down for the masses.

Yes, Nolan had the vision for the films but Goyer was the man behind it. He still had a large say in the plotting, story and so forth, and since he was the resident comic book expert, I believe Nolan valued his say. As for why MoS didn't reach the same level as the TDKT, well, Goyer had a lot more control over the direction and Snyder wasn't capable of molding the story like Nolan was. Simple as that. Goyer is a mediocre writer, and Snyder is a good director, but not good enough to overcome Goyers own faults. MoS actually had a very ambitious story dealing with fathers, purpose, hope and more, all courtesy of Goyer, that was then not written/executed to it's full potential, courtesy of Snyder and Goyer. IMO, if Snyder had a better script to work with, along with Goyer playing a more behind the scenes superviosry role, MoS would've turned out perfect. And now, thats what we have for BvS. So, I think it's gonna turn out great.

Eh, I think a few of them are actually pretty good unless you're looking for Oscar winners. Dawn of The Dead, 300, Watchmen, and MoS are all great to me.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience said:

That's a good thing IMO. Goyer is just overseeing plots and storyboards from what I know, which is the same job he held in TDKT and Blade Trilogy. And people just like to pick on Snyder. He hasn't really made a bad movie yet.....maybe Sucker Punch, but that was a vanity project soooo

Totally agree. I'm completely fine with Goyer overseeing plots, he's great at that, just don't let him write the script.

I like Snyder a lot (Watchmen is one of the best CBM imo) but yeah Sucker Punch was... bad

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Darryl

U got to wait and see. People saying he will do good before we even see a trailer is full of it and vice versa

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: I think Nicholson being the Joker was a huge part of that. It was a big deal when he was announced as the Joker and he really carried the movie imo.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a good actor. It's all about the writing and plot which isn't to my liking so far.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Black_Arrow
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Totally fine with it. He's a good actor with the right look and a chin of ages.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's been one of the more solid actors recently.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

He'll do better then the Aquasamoan, Israeli Wondy, and whatever Dafuq that thing is they cast for Flash.

What's so bad about an Israeli Wonder Woman? Would you rather the usual American to play a Greek demigod rather an actual mediterranean person?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I don't give a damn about historically accurate. They just gotta make them look like the characters they're playing walked right out of the comics onto the big screen. That's the point of it, and the ONLY thing that matters.

I would rather have someone that inspires some confidence in me that they'll be somewhat capable of acting and being believable in the role. Gal's only other acting credits to her name don't give me much hope at all, but only time will tell.