#1 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Basic Knowledge On Fellow Viners

What I came up with

I was on Comic Vine the other day and I was wondering how old are the other Viners? Lot's of you guys sound highly intelligent and such, so I know most of you are not teenagers. I just want to know how the other Viners are.

Questions

I also have 7 other questions. So all together 8 questions.

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?
  4. Least favorable superhero
  5. Least favorable villain
  6. When did you start reading comics?
  7. Why did you start reading comics?
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )?

#2 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, I'll play.

@thundergodswrath said:

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?
  4. Least favor[ite] superhero
  5. Least favor[ite] villain
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )?

1. 30ish
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Joker
  4. Spawn
  5. Superboy Prime
  6. Grade school
  7. Found my older brother's X-Men comics
  8. Pretty alright
#3 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24927 posts) - - Show Bio

1.18 years old.

2. Western comic character? Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Eastern comic character? Tsunayoshi Sawada (Reborn!)

3. My favorite villain would most likely be Emperor Palpatine.

4. Hmmm I don't know.

5. Normon Osborn.

6. Back in 2009.

7. I always was somewhat interested in comic books because of the animated shows.. I went to the liabrary one day and picked up a comic book....I never turned back since.

8. I think it's a pretty chilled place for the most part. The users are cool (well some of them are........) and they're even some I call my freinds.

#4 Posted by IrishX (2371 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Wolverine
  • Magneto
  • Aquaman
  • Daken
  • 1992 / 2009 It seems common for many to start reading at a younger age then stop as things like cars and relationships and all that other teenage drama stuff takes priority. Then they re-discover comics later.
  • I started reading comics because I walked into a comic store and bought two comics that got me started. Wolverine #1 (1988) & Deathblow #1.
  • The site was better a few years ago but there are still many good members who do a lot to contribute to the site. Still the best site for comic fans.
#5 Edited by JulieDC (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite Superheroes: Tim Drake and Dick Grayson (for DC), Bucky Barnes (for Marvel)

Favorite Villains: Joker and Harley Quinn

Least Favorite Hero: Damian Wayne

Least Favorite Villain: Any Marvel villain however, I do hate Ra's and Talia al Ghul just as much.

When Did I begin comics: January 2013, so this is my 1 year anniversary

Why I read comics: I wanted more superhero stories than what I could get through TV or movies

Opinion of Comicvine: Sometimes I like but sometimes I don't...

#6 Posted by JetiiMitra (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

Age - 18

Fav. Hero -Spider-man

Fav. Villain - Dr Doom

Least Fav. Hero - Iron Man

Least Fav. Villain - Cyclops :P

Started comics - 2006-2007

Why ^ - I liked superheroes but it was mostly on a whim.

CV opinion - Good community. There are some people you have to know to avoid, but otherwise it's a fun place.

#7 Edited by Jphu8414 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 18

2. Superman

3. Magneto

4. Deadpool/Scarlet Witch

5. Rob Liefield lol

6. When I was about 8 or 9 years old

7. Saw Superhero cartoons that I thought were awesome, wanted more, picked up a comic book, and here I am now

8. Good place, one of the best for comic book fans. I joined fairly recently but I was a lurker on here for a long time

#8 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I am currently 21, turning 22 this Thursday (see bio)

2. Western - Superman Eastern - Goku

3. Western - Thanos/Darkseid Eastern - Perfect Cell

4. Reed and Sue Richards

5. Dr. Doom

6. February '13

7. Honestly it was due to me thinking basing all of my Goku v Superman arguments on DBZ v STAS. Then I learned how powerful Superman really is, so I had to read for myself. Now I read for enjoyment :D

8. I really like this site. Even when discussing DB and other manga, I wanna do it here. The debates feel more informative...for the most part.

#9 Posted by batman922 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite Superheroes: Batman (DC), Ironman (Marvel) if you can't tell I'm a fan of the self made hero lol

Favorite Villains: Joker (DC), Carnage (Marvel)

Least Favorite Heroes: Damian Wayne (DC), Cyclops (Marvel)

Least Favorite Villains: Black Manta (DC), Red Skull (Marvel)

When did I begin reading comics: Fall 2012

Why did I start reading comics: I have always loved superheroes but never read any comics, then one day I walked into my local comic shop and bought AvX 0,1,2 (I know not many liked it but it started my love of comics so it holds a small place in my heart lol)

Opinion of Comicvine: I love this site, I get on everyday just to read forums and sometimes post opinions or start my own threads plus where else am I supposed to get info on characters or story arcs?

#10 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 19

2. superman and captain America

3. green goblin

4. batman (I mean of characters that are actually relevant)

5. the joker

6. January 2012

7. I saw thor

8. love it. it brings me the news and I enjoy posting. its my homepage.

#11 Edited by Xwraith (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 24

2. Green Arrow

3. Magneto or Mr. Freeze.

4. The Daniel Way version of Deadpool.

5. Don't have one

6. 2010

7. I had liked Marvel characters since 2002-2003, but it was the Marvel Cinematic Universe that got me back into comics (incidentally, I haven't read a Marvel book for more than four issues in the past year).

8. It's the one website I always keep an open tab for.

#12 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (14520 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. How old are you?-20
  2. Favorite superhero?-Captain America or Cyclops
  3. Favorite villain?-Lex Luther
  4. Least favorable superhero-I don't have one
  5. Least favorable villain-I don't have one
  6. When did you start reading comics?-About a couple of years ago
  7. Why did you start reading comics?-I was reading a book in brans in noble and saw an x men trade.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )?-I have enjoy it so far made some friends on here and love the community of people here.
#13 Edited by GeekyEverAfter (346 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 18

2. Batman, TMNT.

3. Magneto and Harley Quinn

4. Green Lantern

5. Ra's al guhl

6. 2011

7. I became a huge fan of Batman while playing Batman: AA and AC and my first job was at a library, so when I'd be on break I use to run to the graphic novel section and grab the first Batman title I saw. Afterwards I got a little bored of Batman and started reading other titles such as TMNT, X-Men, Avengers, Batgirl etc.

8. I love this site it's an amazing time killer and I'm an only child so I really never have anyone to talk to about comics and stuff so I appreciate my fellow viners

#14 Edited by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

Questions

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?

1. 16

2. tough one its a three way tie Deadpool, Superboy, Gambit

3. Loki easy

4. Cyclops

5. Ultron

6. bout when i was 10

7. i remember picking up a Captain Britain comic and from then on i was hooked

8. ehh its not bad but Wally West is very over hyped but other than that its not bad

#15 Posted by Hel (487 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you? Closer to 35 than 40
  2. Favorite superhero? Thor
  3. Favorite villain? Sabretooth
  4. Least favorable superhero Iron Fist
  5. Least favorable villain Daken
  6. When did you start reading comics? Early 80`s
  7. Why did you start reading comics? Thanks to older relatives
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? Always nice to share an interest
#16 Edited by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you? 28
  2. Favorite superhero? Is it wrong that I don't have one? It is, isn't it? Really, it all comes down to who's writing. There's a lot I love, but they only shine under certain writers. Screw it, I'll just say Deadpool even though he's on the fence when it comes to being a hero.
  3. Favorite villain? Kraven the Hunter or Bane.
  4. Least favorable superhero Sentry. Sorry, never appealed to me.
  5. Least favorable villain Romulus. Just... no.
  6. When did you start reading comics? Casually as a youngling, began collecting maybe around 2006.
  7. Why did you start reading comics? Grew up watching all of the cartoons and fell in love with the characters.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? Hate it It's the best comic book website ever. For reals. Tell your friends or I am no longer your friend.
Staff
#17 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Hate it It's the best comic book website ever. For reals. Tell your friends or I am no longer your friend.

I told everyone. We cool, right? :D

#18 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Hate it It's the best comic book website ever. For reals. Tell your friends or I am no longer your friend.

I told everyone. We cool, right? :D

We're cool... for now.

the simpsons (2363) Animated Gif on Giphy

Staff
#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?

1. 20. (21 this March)
  2. Spider-Man, Cyclops, Nightwing, Kyler Rayner, Wally West, and Invincible (Sorry, I love em all!) Though Deadpool is currently getting up there.
  3. The Rouges. Or Magneto. Does Magneto count? Or Green Goblin.
  4. Sentry
  5. Harvest/Jon Kent
  6. Casually as a kid, started collecting in the mid/late 2000's
  7. Numerous reasons. TV shows, movies, Great Uncle gave me his collection, to get away from life, boredom, a lot good a lot bad
  8. Great community, awesome staff, and top notch wikis. So much more. I prefer this site to any other comic site.
#20 Edited by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a lot younger than all of you, just as I expected.

1. How old are you? 15
  2. Favorite superhero? Thor obviously.
  3. Favorite villain? I have more than 1, but Void, Thanos, Loki, First Born and Apollo(Greek god version) come to mind.
  4. Least favorable superhero? If Superior Spider-Man counts it's him.
  5. Least favorable villain? Don't really have one.
  6. When did you start reading comics? 5 years ago
  7. Why did you start reading comics? Seen a couple in the library, tried them and thought they were interesting.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? It's alright, but than sometimes it gets annoying when people make a character more powerful than the writes intended them to be. You should know said characters names. Other than the sometimes disrespectful people, it's good. Made some decent friends on here like @allstarsuperman, @oceanmaster21, @cadencev2, @beatboks1 and a lot more.
#21 Edited by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

Questions

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?

1. 16

2. tough one its a three way tie Deadpool, Superboy, Gambit

3. Loki easy

4. Cyclops

5. Ultron

6. bout when i was 10

7. i remember picking up a Captain Britain comic and from then on i was hooked

8. ehh its not bad but Wally West is very over hyped but other than that its not bad

Nice agreed on that last post. We seriously need to debunk all Flashes. Like now.

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. How old are you? 17
  2. Favorite superhero? Superman, Hit-Girl and Eternal Warrior are tied for 2nd atm.
  3. Favorite villain? Vilgax or the Governor
  4. Least favorable superhero? I have to say I don't care for Thor much? Sorry ThundergodsWrath
  5. Least favorable villain? Ehh? "The Mandarin" from Ironman 3. Not that I am even a fan of the comic version, its that he was just butt hurt that Tony didn't want to hang out with him.
  6. When did you start reading comics? 15th Birthday, It was around the 10 or 11 issues into the New 52
  7. Why did you start reading comics? Thought they were cool, and I had just about read every Superman wiki that exists.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? I love it. That's why I spend every day here practically. Battles are fun, despite the occasional troll. Off Topic is hilarious most of the time. And General Discussion has lots of things to learn and well discuss.
#23 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8647 posts) - - Show Bio

What I came up with

I was on Comic Vine the other day and I was wondering how old are the other Viners? Lot's of you guys sound highly intelligent and such, so I know most of you are not teenagers. I just want to know how the other Viners are.

Questions

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?

1. 16

2. Batman

3. Solomon Grundy

4. Guy Gardner

5. Chameleon (Spiderman's villain)

6. Last year.

7. A few reasons mainly because of the Batman Arkham games though.

8.I love it.

#24 Edited by longbowhunter (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Age - 31

2. Favorite hero - Green Arrow

3. Favorite villain - Deadshot

4. Least favorite hero - Cable

5. Least favorite villain - Doomsday

6. Started reading comics around '87

7. Why? - Spider-man & his Amazing Friends, Secret Wars and Super Powers toylines

8. I've been on here going on 5 years. This site has considerably less trolls than other sites and good reviews.

#25 Edited by Wolverine08 (42370 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Age- 14.

2. Favorite superhero- Wolverine.

3. Favorite villain- Doctor Doom.

4. Least favorite hero- Beast, I guess.

5. Least favorite villain- Deathstroke.

6. When did you start reading comics? 2013.

7. Why? Comic book movies like Iron Man 1 and Avengers.

8. Comic Vine is an incredible comic web site. I can't get enough of this place. Users are dope too.

#26 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

How old are you? 22.

Favorite superhero? Aquaman or Superman

Favorite villain? Superboy Prime

Least favorable superhero? Captain America.

Least favorable villain? Red Skull.

When did you start reading comics? At some point in my childhood.

Why did you start reading comics? Because I was a kid.

What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? Same as any other website, except, for a website named Comic Vine, there are an awful lot of people who don't read comics.

#27 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?

1. 21.
  2. I can't say that I have one specific favourite, but a couple. Spider-Man and Superman top the list though.
  3. It has to be Sinestro or Kraven.
  4. Bummer, I have to choose someone? Guy Gardner.
  5. Mysterio. I mean, why?
  6. I think I was probably six or seven?
  7. Escapism? The thought of having role models who'd always be there and represented what should be done.
  8. Comic Vine? What the heck is that?! COMICS SPROUTING FROM VINES NOW?! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
#28 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you? 18
  2. Favorite superhero? Hulk for comics; Alita for manga
  3. Favorite villain? Thragg for comics; Dio Brando for manga
  4. Least favorable superhero? Hope Summers for comics; JUNK for manga
  5. Least favorable villain? Don't have one yet
  6. When did you start reading comics?I've alsways sorta read them, but I really started reading American comics back in 2010
  7. Why did you start reading comics? After Planet Hulk(movie) came out, everyone on YouTube was saying how awesomer the comics was so I checked it out, and I f**king loved it. Once that happened I read WWH then the civil war, then I used Civil war as sorta of a stepping stone for reading a bunch of Marvel stories. This eventually lead to Earth X, which lead to Kingdom Come, and then boom I'm reading Dc stuff.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? It's a cool site where you meet cool people.
#29 Posted by beatboks1 (7236 posts) - - Show Bio

How old are you? 55

Favorite superhero? Alan Scot/ Dr Fate/ Dark Nebula

Favorite villain? Ultra Humanite/ Brainwave/ Grandstander

Least favorable superhero Batman since the batgod crap. I used to love the character until they made him unbeatable. In the Bronze Age he got injured and was actually human.

Least favorable villain - nothing comes to mind

When did you start reading comics? Reading I was about 7 and my neighbor would bring over his weird war tales etc for me to read. I bought my first comic at about 12

Why did you start reading comics? Covered above

What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? CV is cool like most internet sites there are some members who bring you down but on the whole good.

#30 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 18

2. Hulk

3. Dr Doom

4. Rulk

5. Dont have one

6. Last year

7. Ive always liked superheroes

8 its fun

#31 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you?
  2. Favorite superhero?
  3. Favorite villain?

1. Not telling

2. Batman

3. Don't have one

4. Falcon

5. Ulik

6. Middle school

7. Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1 had a cool cover, and I fell in comics since page one of that book.

8. It's fine

#32 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. How old are you? 25
  2. Favorite superhero? Captain America
  3. Favorite villain? Red Skull
  4. Least favorable superhero Superman
  5. Least favorable villain None
  6. When did you start reading comics? It's my one year anniversary. *confetti flies, kisses baby*
  7. Why did you start reading comics? I was a Batman and Spiderman fan ever since I can remember, loved the Animated Series for those and X-Men and also all the movies for them. But The Dark Knight and The Avengers are what really gave me a craving for those type of worlds and characters beyond what I was getting in the film and television mediums. Comics were just the next logical step. My only regret is not getting into comics sooner. I love them so much now that I can't imagine a world without them.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? It's the only place where I have others to talk to about comics, so in that sense I love it. Also, my genuine opinion is that the only thing better than reading comics is talking about them :)
#33 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't realize some of my friends on here were such youngsters. Not that it matters, just fun finding out about every one.

#34 Edited by Experio (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

Age - 19

Favorite Superhero - Hal Jordon, Thor Odinson, Orion

Favorite Villain - Ultron

Least favorite hero - Don't have one

Started reading - When I was 13

Why? - Really don't know

What do I think of Comicvine? - Great site to socialize and debate on, I've honestly been on this site for some years with around 16000 posts, but my other account was unable to gain access for substantial reasons, thus I gave up and returned after a few months.

#35 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you? 29 this April
  2. Favorite superhero? Depends on my mood, I faithfully stick with Spawn, Ghost Rider, and Ultimate Characters.
  3. Favorite villain? Ultimate Reed Richards was my favorite Villain in comics so far.
  4. Least favorable superhero? Ugh, too many to list, however Superman, Flash, and most of DC High Tiers.
  5. Least favorable villain? Galactus, cosmic jobber.
  6. When did you start reading comics? Too young to remember.
  7. Why did you start reading comics? As a child, for the quick fix in between X-Men or Spider Man cartoons.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? When I use to get into Comic Forums on Marvel.com, before it became a ghost forum, I was always told how horrible Comicvine was. It was a Wild West of debating forums. Now I enjoy passing my time on here to argue fictional characters while growing a wealth of useless comic knowledge in the process. Also have lots of fun with friends on the Tournaments, and CaVs.
#36 Posted by Transformers1024 (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

How old are you? - 17

Favorite superhero? - Tie between Daredevil, Spider-Man, Jason Todd and Barry Allen

Favorite villain? - Joker and Magneto

Least favorable superhero - Namor

Least favorable villain - Superboy Prime

When did you start reading comics? - Since I was 12

Why did you start reading comics? - Because I watched Daredevil and loved it. So I immediately went to the comic store that night and bought some Daredevil comics.

What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? - Love it. The trolls are scarce around here. The users aren't extremely argumentative and respect others opinions.

#37 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

1. 17

2. Ant-Man

3. Deathstroke or doom

4. Cyborg

5. Loki

6. elementary school

7. Cartoons and loneliness

8. Awesome site before I discovered this site I had to keep all my love for comics to myself and now i can talk about it without being called a loser or geek. Also its full of cool people.

#38 Edited by Wolverine08 (42370 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#39 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11105 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (42370 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by InFamous_Wolf (979 posts) - - Show Bio

1. How old are you? 16 in 4 days
  2. Favorite superhero? Luther Strode,Batman,Venom,Batwing,Spawn,Deadpool and Wolverine(I'm kinda indecisive).
  3. Favorite villain? Joker,Thanos,Sabretooth,Jack the Ripper,and Madara Uchiha (again I'm indecisive).
  4. Least favorable superhero? Not really sure.....
  5. Least favorable villain? Don't really have one.
  6. When did you start reading comics? 1 year ago
  7. Why did you start reading comics? Well the movies and cartoons introduced me to comics.Also a comic book store is within walking distance from my high school. Then BAM next thing I know I have 15 comics on my pull list.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days)? I think its an awesome site where I can talk about comics freely. My friends are gamers and not really into comics.....

#42 Posted by Perethorn (3401 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. How old are you? 18 years old
  2. Favorite superhero? Beta Ray Bill
  3. Favorite villain? Thanos
  4. Least favorable superhero Guy Gardner
  5. Least favorable villain Doomsday
  6. When did you start reading comics? Somewhere around 2002
  7. Why did you start reading comics? I liked the idea of having characters saying things on a piece of paper
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? It's awesome!
#43 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

1. ow old are you? 17
  2. Favorite superhero? Hulk
  3. Favorite villain? Leader, Abomination,Venom(Original).
  4. Least favorable superhero? Punisher, if he counts.
  5. Least favorable villain? Rumolous, Batrock the Leaper
  6. When did you start reading comics? about two years ago
  7. Why did you start reading comics? Introduced by the movies and other Media.
  8. What do you think of Comic Vine from what you've seen of it ( Even if you only been here for a couple of days )? Good community with a lot of good people.
#44 Posted by beatboks1 (7236 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: 14?, you're a bebe among men.

What are you sayin ? I've got no personality???

You know when I was a boy .......................... and young pups knew how to respect their elders

;D :P