#1 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I was reading Titans from back in 2005 I think, and I came across this shocker

So, what is the worst comic book cover art you've seen?

#2 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes that's pretty bad. Is that fanart by any chance?

This one springs to mind:

Everything in this one is just bad.

1. The retarded shield
  2. Cap looks like he has a skin condition
  3. Cap's face
  4. WHAT THE F*CK IS UP WITH THAT RANDOM FLOATING FACE AND HAND AT THE BOTTOM?!
#3 Posted by HeckTate (1094 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by HeckTate (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Yes, that's also a good indicator, lol. I was so focused on the terrible artwork I didn't even notice any of the writing.

#6 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@hecktate said:

@veshark: Yes, that's also a good indicator, lol. I was so focused on the terrible artwork I didn't even notice any of the writing.

Haha, considering the artwork, that's understandable ;)

#7 Edited by Extremis (2964 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: yep

Pretty much any Liefeld. But that one in particular is notoriously bad for the reasons you've mentioned. Definitely gotta be the worst.

Also, look at the effing ridiculous curvature on that shield. It looks more suited to be a sea shell than a thing that you could actually defend yourself with lol

#8 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1742 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Nope, it's a cover. There's three covers in the series. I have it on my computer so I had to screencap it and the name of the comic got cut out.

#10 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: @batpala:

After some googling, it's by Kia Asamiya (normally a manga artist). Issue 32 of The Titans. But I agree...it doesn't look like another "style" of art, it looks like someone doesn't know how to draw humans.

#11 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: @batpala:

After some googling, it's by Kia Asamiya (normally a manga artist). Issue 32 of The Titans. But I agree...it doesn't look like another "style" of art, it looks like someone doesn't know how to draw humans.

Yeah, I can see the manga influence, but the proportions and coloring....hot-damn, that's just awkward to look at.

#12 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Donna & Roy's especially. Not that every female comic character has to be a sex-symbol........but it should be a crime to make Donna that fugly.

#13 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Donna & Roy's especially. Not that every female comic character has to be a sex-symbol........but it should be a crime to make Donna that fugly.

I'm more weirded out by Roy's arm size in comparison to the rest of the characters. Dafuq is that?

#14 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I'm more weirded out by Roy's arm size in comparison to the rest of the characters. Dafuq is that?

IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!

#15 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ever read that issue of Captain America posted above?

Is there any reason at all for there to be a floating face and arm, like is it in the story somewhere in that issue?

Why do they both look like their biting their cheeks?

So many questions...

#16 Edited by 4donkeyjohnson (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

To many to mention!

#17 Posted by MatteoPG (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: There actually is a reason, but I think it's stil a poor choice of composition. Liefield is awful ... T.T

#18 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, anything Rob Liefield. This one is particularly atrocious....

Look, Deadthstoke's dancing a jig. In mid air....

#19 Edited by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: How is he holding that sword? His fingers should be wrapped around it, instead he appears to have lost 4 of his fingers.