Posted by G-Man (34378 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit I might have gone a tiny bit overboard picking up some new items for this week's selection. What we do here is highlight some of the cool toys you can pick up in stores along with some hidden gems from years past (in other words, old stuff in my collection that has weathered the test of time and is still cool).

The first batch is in the Pop! Heroes line from Funko.

Funko has been doing these style figures for a while but the current line consists of bobble-heads. You can see in the image with Batman, to the right, that last year's line didn't have bobble-heads. The head actually turned (but no other articulation). I'm not really a fan of bobble-heads yet I couldn't resist picking up three of them in the store!

You'll also notice that we have a mix of DC and Marvel characters. In this wave you can choose from Batman (grey and black costume), Robin (Tim Drake style), Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, grey and blue version), Penguin, Joker (seen above), Superman (seen above) and Hal Jordan (who I was so close to buying as well).

In the Marvel line, there's Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America (seen above), Red Skull, Hulk and Thing. It's great that you can mix and match the comic universes if you choose. There is also more than just Marvel and DC bobble-heads.

While you can't get this fuzzy Chewbacca in stores, you can get a regular version, along with Darth Vader, Yoda, Stormtrooper, etc. The Chewie seen here was a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive this past year. I imagine it'd still be relatively easy to find. The others I actually picked up at my local Target store.

As for a blast from the past, this week I thought we'd look at Kirk Langstrom's alter ego, Man-Bat.

This version comes from the 1997 Legends of the Dark Knight line. He stand eight inches tall and has a fifteen inch wingspan. There were a couple decent figures in this line. Basically anyone that wasn't Batman or Robin (they were just weird variations of them).

You can still find this figure online. Doing a search, I see one at amazon for only 18. I say only because that's what the current DC Universe line goes for.

The detail, especially considering this was in '97, is pretty amazing. You can actually see his name on his I.D. badge. You'll also notice that he can actually stand given that he has humongous wings. That's pretty impressive on its own.

That wraps up this week. Let us know what you thought of this selection. We'll have another installment next week.

Staff
#1 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool Man-Bat!

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (58030 posts) - - Show Bio

Cute. 

BB

#3 Posted by pikahyper (12178 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Supes and Cap are adorable :D

#4 Posted by the_kza (24 posts) - - Show Bio

those look awesome

#5 Posted by Hyperfludd (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the Hal Jordan POP figure, I didn't know there was a Cap one! I'll trade you for it. :P

#6 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

They are so cute! 
Already have the bobble-head Batman but he's in his other suit =) 
My lil sis has Robin and older sis has Captain America =) 

I love those things...they're just too cute!
#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7100 posts) - - Show Bio

I want that Chewy! I almost bought the Robin a few days ago. He'd look awesome on the dashboard of my truck.
#8 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...cute...

#9 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:
hmm...cute...
#10 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

my girl friend bought me a couple of the new pop figures...they go with my other little trophies
#11 Posted by jstarzyk (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I have Captain America, Iron Man, and Wolverine bobbles.  So cute!  Want Spidey, Flash, Batman, and Supes.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a Thor one I really want and they're coming out with Aquaman and Hawkman ones lol 

#13 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

I AM MAN-BAT!

#14 Posted by subrandom (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The pop figure for Sinestro is amazingly adorable with his tiny mustache and no mouth.

#15 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my ears are bleeding from all the squeals that were released with the Lil Chewy image lol 
wicked Man-Bat though..

#16 Posted by MrMazz (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Bat looks pretty awesome OMG I MUST HAVE Chewie

#17 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Chewy

#18 Posted by Tempest55 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen all of these toys in a toy store near the santa monica pier in LA. I debate on buying one of them :P

#19 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7822 posts) - - Show Bio

lol nice

#20 Posted by franco2011 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

hola 

#21 Posted by holysmokes (9 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I'm liking the Joker's crazy eyes :D

#22 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the funko toys lol

#23 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been debating picking up one of the Pop! Heroes.  I just don't know which one I'd get.

#24 Posted by craigbo180 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the pop heroes and would love to have Joker and Batman sitting on my desk. I have never really brought figures since I was a kid though.

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I had that Man-Bat toy when I was little. ^__^

#26 Posted by Sammo21 (696 posts) - - Show Bio

I own that Man Bat! I remember loving it as a kid because of all the detail and size. I remember the Joker was weird and he had a false torso that had the real Joker inside.

#27 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man-Bat is cool and the other ones
#28 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are just adrouble :)
#29 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Too cute! im buying that joker and supes and batman..haha

#30 Edited by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

I like mine better :P

#31 Posted by Mike_Redwood (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#32 Posted by BobaF3tt (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Want that superman and Chewy!

#33 Posted by AGES (64 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty cool because my grandpa bought me the exact same action figure when I was two years old and I've had it for 12 years without realizing that it actually is a pretty nice action figure

#34 Posted by AGES (64 posts) - - Show Bio
@franco2011:  
Hablas espanol?
#35 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That Man-Bat looks pretty wicked!

#36 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Never been a big fan of those little chibi super-deformed characters. Though I found at the local store a little Hal Jordan that looked quite swell :)
I hope they make Kyle Rayner as well!
(and some DC gals too...)

#37 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Man-bat!
#38 Posted by Propwash (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America looks pretty awesome

#39 Posted by bane122 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun fact about that Man-Bat: look closely at the face on the ID badge to see a pic of George H. W. Bush.

#40 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Legends Of The Dark Knight.
The Batgirl from that line is one of my favorite DC figures that has been made.

#41 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had that Man-Bat for forever. I usually have him hanging from a support beam on the ceiling or something like that. One of my favorite figures, disappointed its worh so little.
#42 Edited by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man-Bat figure looks awesome.
The Funko toys are really cute. I only have Robin, but I've been thinking about getting Batgirl so Robin won't be lonely.lol