Awesome Toy Picks: Kidrobot DC Universe Minis

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Each week, we take a look at a cool comic book collectible you may think about adding to your collection. This week, we're diving back into the world of blind box figures. We're checking out the Kidrobot DC Universe Minis. These figures come in at 3 inches tall and they look pretty dang adorable from the packaging. The suggested retail price is $11.99.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you used to watch the Nerd Block unboxings, you know I have a problem with getting the same figure, over and over again. Now, there's a lot of characters here I'd love to have. Before I opened these puppies up, I was really hoping for Deadman, Blue Beetle, Animal Man, or Red Hood.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The suspense must be killing you! Ok, here's what it in package number one.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's Joker's main squeeze, Harley Quinn! We get this character in her New 52 outfit and it's a really cute figure. It's hard not to put this Harley Quinn figure in my flower bed. It feels like she should be hanging out in there. The hair is big and poofy and it's a great adaptation of the character for this line of toys.

The toy is something that will be fun to put on your desk, but not something you'd go out and play with.

Onto the second package. I wonder what it could be...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's Green Arrow! Once again, it's the New 52 version of the character. He's also beaten up a little bit. His nose is scuffed up and there's some scars on his arms. His outfit has a little bit of detail to show off his six-pack abs. One minor thing that really works on Green Arrow is the mask, with the eyebrows on the top of it.

Green Arrow also comes with a bow and arrow, with is near impossible to get into his hands. That's probably the biggest downside of these figures is that the accessory isn't well thought out and is too hard to use with the figure.

Let's see what these two look like together... for science.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Making these not-so-cute characters into something cute really works with this line of toys, if you're into that thing, which I totally am. $11.99 might be a tad steep for some people, but you're probably getting this for one of two reasons. The first reason is the excitement of opening a blind box figure, which is actually pretty fun. The second reason is because you love these stylized little figures.

What do you think of this line? Is this something you'd add to your collection?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

yeaaaaaaah no

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I can't believe this is the only New 52 Animal Man figure currently available.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

That Swamp thing is a QT.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I can't beleive there is actually an Animal Man one! I want it!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Definitely pickin one up. I bought two of the Kidrobot Street fighter figures and i love them (got Dhalsim and Blanka). Hoping for Blue Beetle

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are so cute!! :O

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid robot makes some neat toys. I bought a red hood labbit this past week.

juanclunac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By juanclunac

There is a chance of getting pre new52 vesions of the heroes in the box? since you mentioned you got the new52 version and in the box only shows new52 versions to all of them. Is it maybe some extra rare thing?