#1 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else read this pile of crap?

Basically the plot was...

Magneto slaughters people. Wolverine kills Magneto. Jean Grey as WPOTC, the lamest X-character ever appears. Jean cleanses the goddamn planet of sentient life and reboots "human" life while f*cking Wolvie? What the f*cking sh*t was that?!?!?!?!

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeesh, worse than the cockroaches inheriting the earth. Fanfic

#3 Posted by wisesonAC (160 posts) - - Show Bio

so many missed opprotunties

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (38802 posts) - - Show Bio

It was worse than the original AvX. That's saying something.

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it would be Marvel redeeming themselves from the sh*tfest of AvX... Never have I been so wrong!

#6 Edited by BR_Havoc (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a what if story what did you expect? I mean name one what if story that did not end in a way that makes you disappointed?

#7 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... It was pretty poor. Shame, the art was fantastic and I was really quite excited for this based on the premise.

#8 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

It's a what if story what did you expect? I mean name one what if story that did not end in a way that makes you disappointed?

Good point... But there are a few titles that I can say that I liked the ending.... What If Archangel:Death and Disobedience, What if Spider-Man had Rescued Gwen, What if Captain America Were Revived Today (Both 1984 and 1994 outings) and my personal fave: What if: Wolverine vs Weapon X.... Still, that is a very small percentage.

#9 Edited by MarlboroMan (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

What If's are my favorite titles and i never disliked one for sooo long, and i read hundreds of em...

#10 Edited by Saren (25312 posts) - - Show Bio

And to think just a few months ago, Age of Ultron was the titleholder for Most Half-Arsed Ending of All Time.

#11 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

it sucked, I'm sorry but I couldn't finish it.

#12 Edited by dondave (34542 posts) - - Show Bio

And to think just a few months ago, Age of Ultron was the titleholder for Most Half-Arsed Ending of All Time.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad I didn't read it.

#14 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by impossibilly (884 posts) - - Show Bio

What do people think of the modern What If...? stories in general? Have there been any good ones since Volume 2 was cancelled? For the most part, I've been avoiding them because the ones I have read have been disappointments. But if there are good ones out there, I'd love to check them out.

#16 Posted by Outside_85 (8145 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Magneto-Phoenix die by getting stabbed in the face? And didn't Dark Phoenix Scott also get stabbed in the head... but shrugged it off?

#17 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: cant remember scott, but yep on magneto.

#18 Posted by frogdog (3239 posts) - - Show Bio
@br_havoc said:

What if Back in Black spider-man

#19 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: exactly!!!! And also P5 Cyclops fought an entire battle against avengers and x-men while simultaneously fighting a psychic battle with professor x. Yeah Magnex gets a blast from Prof X and just freezes. These writers and their piss poor writing is just an insult to the fans intelligence.

#20 Posted by frogdog (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

Also this book sounds worst than ultimatum, and that's saying something